Revelation

Requitted Love

 

Seohyun's mom tried to absorb what Yuri said. She stared at her daughter then back at Yuri.

Yuri looked sincere. Her face and her eyes show that she doesn't have any bad intentions.

"Who else knows?" She managed to say.

"I've only told you, Ma'am."

"Well, it's good that you told me first, Yuri-ah."

Yuri managed to have a small grin.

"You need to be careful, then, of the fans and the public." 

"Yuri-unnie and I... we're never
an item in Soshi." Seohyun interrupted.

Seohyun's mom replied, "That is why your relationship would be a shock to the world. Just be careful. You two know what to do."

"Thank you so much." Yuri said.

"Yuri, you're practically like my daughter ever since I've met you." Seohyun's mom smiled widely. 

"Mr. Seo, is he here?" Yuri asked.

"He's in the office right now. I'll tell him, don't worry." Seohyun's mom said.

"Will he be okay with us?" Yuri asked.

"Dads don't just give their one and only daughter away. But if its you, maybe he'll be cool with it." Seo's mom said.

"Thank you. I should go."

"Okay."

Seohyun was too shy to keep Yuri longer. She pushed her to the door until they reached the garden near the gate.

Yuri stared at Seohyun.
"I just had to get it out of my gut. Makes me guilty for not telling her, when I spent a night with you."

"Thanks, Yuri." Seohyun said.

Yuri pecked Seohyun's lips. Seohyun immediately checked the door and Yuri looked too.

"She's not there." Yuri said.

"She can be looking behind the curtains, you know." Seohyun said.

"But she likes me anyway. Does she know you like me? Why did she seem to have an idea?" Yuri said.

"She saw my diary. And all the songs that I wrote for you that SM rejected. How can I escape  from that? That's when all the drama happened. It took a while to accept that their daughter never liked boys but liked girls instead. I slept at the dorm and only went back home after a month. But they were kind of okay that it was you, I'm in love with."

Yuri smiled and giggled like an idiot. 

"Yah! What's so funny about that."

"Hehehehe. They like me huh."

"It wasn't easy though."

"Nothing is easy." Yuri replied.

Yuri hugged Seohyun, tiptoeing as Seo was slightly taller than her. She wanted to be a "man" to this princess. Yuri has boyish features and ways but it was only that Seo's one inch taller than her that makes things a little bit off.

Seohyun hit Yuri's back, pushing her outside.

"Bye, I'll miss you!" Seohyun shouted as Yuri sat on her car.

"I'll miss you too!" Yuri said.

Seohyun watched Yuri set off until her car was at a far distance.
She returned inside, approaching her mom who was at the kitchen.

She hugged her mom. When her mom hugged back, that's when Seohyun's tears started to fall down. She can't stop sobbing. Her mom looked at her.

"Sweetie, don't cry. I told you, it's okay now, right?"

Seohyun nodded, controlling her sobs.

"I don't have any control with my daughter's preference. It's not accepted in society but seeing you being in love with her, what can I do? I only want you to be happy."

"Nothing's easy, right Omma?" Seohyun said remembering what Yuri said.

"Yes. And it's better to have her now than get married with a man you don't love and have kids. And then find Yuri years after only to leave your family to be with her. Nothing is easy, my daughter. This gender issue and all... I think it will be accepted in time. There's awareness and campaigns for it, unlike before."

Seohyun didn't reply but she feels happy that her parents are on her side and she finally has the love of her life, Yuri.

She placed the sauce on what her mom was cooking. She always helped her mom whenever she didn't have schedules. The simple things in life keeps her grounded of her Hallyu star status. Things are okay now and she's happy with everything that she has.