"Beginning"

My weakness

11 yrs ago, Tuesday 4pm, Jawal Island

Kim Minseok POV

"Mum when are you coming back tomorrow?"; "Don't worry, mummy won't go to work tomorrow it's her rest day"; I looked at her and nodded continuing to draw. I didn't really understand what mum did but she said she learns thing about these viruses, she says that some are really bad while some are okay. I'm only allowed in certain areas in the building but I just stay in me and my mum's room because it's too hard. I've beed here for 2 days I think, I want to go home but mum said that there wasn't anyone to take care of me. But there is his name is Kim Jongin his my hyung I don't really get it but he has a different father or something like that and I told mum that but she said with a smile that hyung was to young to look after me alone. I wonder what hyung's doing now does he miss me ... I miss him, hyung doesn't live with me and mum he lives somewhere else he always looks lonely. "Minseok just be patient okay we can go back home in 2 more days"; I nod again and go to the bed I share with mum and lie there. My mum joins me and hugs me tight, I soon fall asleep in the warmth.

.

.

.

Wednesday 8am

I wake up to loud noises and the sound of my mum calling my name I'm confused and don't understand what's going on I here the speaker in the room "THIS IS NOT A DRILL A DANGEROUS VIRUS HAS BEEN BROKEN OUT I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THE NEW VIRUS PROJECT-X HAS BEEN LEAKED EVERYONE IS TO STAY IN THEIR ROOMS AND NOT COME OUT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE". "Mum what's goning on what's wrong?"; she hugs me tight "Don't worry sweety it's nothing"; "Mum i'm hungry did we miss dinner?"; "yes but I brought some food for you ... here"; "thank you".

.

.

.

Thursday 10am

"Mum are you okay you're really hot here have some water"; "Minseok ... i'm so sorry ... i'm really sorry" her voice was weak why is she sorry "mum what's wrong ... it's okay I forgive you ... MUM look your skin it's getting blue spots that's so cool I want some spots too"; "Minseok I love you... I really love you and i'm really thankfull for your father ... Minseok do you love Jongin?" I nod and smile "of course his my brother I love him"; "yes"; "mum why are you crying are you hurt?"; "I love him to Minseok he is my son I love him and you both of you". I stand up and walk toward my mum, lying next to her on the bed and hugging her "I really love you mum thank you for everything" she smiles and quietly laughs.

.

.

.

Friday 1:47am

"Mum are you awake?"; "yes"; "your nose is bleeding do you want a tissue?"; "it's okay Minseok ... Minseok you ... haven't ... eaten anything ... for more then a day have you ... are you okay?"; "not really i'm a bit hungry but i'm okay"; "Minseok don't worry about mummy ... just eat one bread and drink one bottle of water each day ok ... mummy is fine so ..."; "when's each day mum"; "when the number on the clock read 22:00 ok"

.

.

.

Firday 10pm

"Mum i'll eat now ... " it's lonely, "Minseok ... i'm really sorry I love you and Jongin and your father Jiyong"; "why are you crying now?"; "Jongin will take care of you okay he'll protect you, and please don't hate your father even if he is rarely home he still loves you. I'm ... really ... sorry" I walk up to her and pull the blankets up to her neck "good night mum".

.

.

.

Saturday 10pm

Mum hasn't woken up since the last time I ate and I feel sleepy and weak, there's no more bread left only two bottles of water. I lie on the carpet and close my eyes ...

.

.

.

6 months ago, Sunday 12pm Seoul

I lost mum What should I do I look around and go to a bench seating down "hey come with me" I look up to see a tanned young boy he was taller then me and looked scary "why do you know where mum is?" the boy sighed and grabbed my arm "yeah trust me i'll lead you to her" I follow him to the mens toilets and he pushes me into a empty cubicle. I'm scared "what are you doing who are you" the tanned boy looks down looking worried I start to shake and block my eyes and ears looking down. I felt tears going down my cheeks I started sobbing. This was my weakness I was weak and cowardly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and then two strong arms wrapped around me. "I'm sorry ... sorry for scaring you..." I was shocked the tanned boy looked scary but he felt warm and kind. I felt embarrassed why did I cry I felt two hands wiping my tear stained face and dragging me out of the cubicle I didn't know where I was going because I kept looking down but when we stopped it was infront of a ice-cream shop the tanned boy handed me a ice-cream and took his own dragging me again to a empty table. I slowly the sweet, "sorry for earlier I ... guess I was angry but ... sorry"; "it's okay i'm okay, thank you for the ice-cream ... my names Kim Minseok" the tanned boy looked surprised "m..my name's Kim Jongin ... " a few minutes had past and we had nearly finished our ice-creams, I liked Jongin hyung it seems he was older by 5 yrs. I didn't really understand what he said but it seems the we had the same mum but different father, Jongin lived without mum so he felt jealous of me who lived with mum so he decided to be bad but he didn't want to hurt me when I started crying. He said I was cute ... mum says that to so Jongin is a nice person. "MINSEOK OH MY GOD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN sigh I was looking for you everywhere don't wonder off again okay"; "mum brother bought me ice-cream"; "brother?"; "yes mum's son and my brother Jongin hyung" Jongin hyung suddenly stood up "i'm sorry" he slowly walked past mum but she held his arms and whispered "Jongin? ... are you that person's son and my son ... i'm really sorry Jongin ... Minseok can I talk to Jongin hyung for a few minutes stay here okay don't wonder again" as she left she took hyung with her. I was curious really curious so I followed behind and hid. "I'm sorry I was about to hurt Minseok because I was jealous and sad that you would love him more then me and I ... but ... i'm really sorry"; "Jongin ... i'm sorry too for not being their for you as a mother ... you grew up really well, why don't you come visit more often i'll give you our address"; "but I was about to hurt MInseok"; "but you didn't so thank you, Minseok is young and i'm afraid that something might happen to him"; "I'll protect him as a brother I ... I promise to protect him no matter what"; "I see i'm glad that Minseok has such a nice and brave brother"; "I won't let you down I promise".

.

.

.

Monday 3pm, Contamination room 1

It's warm and soft but loud I open my eyes to a bright ceiling and see long strings attached to my arm and a loud machine that goes beep beep I look around to see a person staring at me through a glass window. The person comes into the room minutes later wearing weird clothes and mask, "how are you feeling it's a miracle that you survived the exposure of project-x ... well don't worry your check up shows all negative signs so you will be moved to a general hospital by tomorrow afternoon so rest well" I didn't reall understand what he ment about negative or something but my eyes felt heavey and soon I was in the dark.

.

.

.

Tuesday 5pm, Seoul General Hospital 

I woke up again to a warm feeling I felt two hands holding my left hand "Minseok please wake up soon" it was Jongin hyung, I was happy to hear his voice I opened my eyes to a white ceiling and looked to my left "J...Jongin hyung". He instanly lifted his head up and smiled with tears in his eyes "oh my god Minseok" I was hugged really tightly and warmly smiling I asked "where's mum is she awake she was sleeping for a really long time". Hyung looked down and sat back down on the side chair "Minseok ... mum is dead she didn't make it ... she's in a faraway place" dead doesn't that mean I can't see her anymore I started crying Jongin hyung hugged me again. He then came into my hospital bed and lied down next me tucking my head under his neck we both cried until we fell asleep.