Chapter 1

Bound to Her Love

Sera POV

I looked around, then at the map in my hands. My sense of direction had never been worse...though it was never really any good either.

Great, so I'm alone in Seoul. With no navigational skills whatsoever. And the only Korean I know being "Annyeonghaseyo", "Aniyo" and "Gamsahabnida". Why did I choose to come here in the first place again?

Right, ok.

My name is Sera and I'm almost 18 (birthday in 5 days). I came here for the summer holidays by myself because my parents were on a honeymoon (again) and my (idiot) brother was redoing grade 9 Science and Social Studies. Oh, my older sister decided to get another degree this summer and all my friends either had summer school or family travels. I had been stupid enough to propose to come to Korea on my own. Although I kind of have to blame my parents for being smart enough to agree.

I gave up on the map and stuffed it in my bag, putting on my headphones and turning the volume up. I dragged my luggage behind me, making my way down the noisy streets and stopping at a crosswalk.

I need you girl, wae...

I smiled and bobbed my head to the song. My favourite. This song had been on replay on my phone for almost 3 weeks now. Even my Kpop friends think I'm crazy but I just can't stop listening to it. (BTS bias: V)

As the light turned green, I began sauntering across the street, swaying to the beat and mouthing the lyrics, immersing myself in the song.

Little did I know, there was a car heading straight for me, its headlights shining brightly and the driver honking like crazy.

Neomu chagawo...

I remembered a crash and a screech before the world toppled around me and everything went black.

Jungkook POV

It was a nice afternoon, though not much cooler than any other day in summer. We had just finished an interview and a fansigning event and all of us were exhausted. Suga, Jin, J-Hope and Rapmon were already fast asleep in the back of the van while Jimin was humming quietly with his earphones. V and I stared out opposite windows as the van slowed to a stop at a red light.

A girl standing on the sidewalk was smiling and singing with her headphones on. When she saw the light turn the green she started literally skipping and dancing her way across. I chuckled, see her so happy with simply music.

"Ya Kookie," V said, leaning to my side. "What's so funny?"

I pointed. "Look hyung, isn't she cute?" I turned to V to see his reaction only to see his eyes grow huge as his gaze followed my finger.

"Car..."

Puzzled, I looked back at the girl. She was a smack target for a car that WHY THE HECK WASN'T STOPPING?

Without thinking, I pulled the van door open and jumped out and yelled at her while running towards her but she showed no signs of hearing me. Those darn headphones.

Seeing the car just metres away, I lunged and grabbed her as the car crashed toward us but luckily stopped before actually rolling over us. The impact was hard and by the sharp pain in my leg I think I might've broken something. I bit my lip in pain as I checked the girl over. When we fell, her head had hit the ground first and now she was out cold.

I heard footsteps behind me as I lifted the girl's head onto my lap. I looked up to see the other members crowded around us, wearing expressions ranging from worried to shocked to--

"MAKNAE! WHAT THE HELL?!" Jin yelled. "MICHYEOSS-EO?! YOU COULD'VE--"

"I called the ambulance already," Jimin cut in, restraining Jin from grabbing me. "Hang in there for a bit longer."

I nodded, breathing heavily, and looked back at the girl, brushing some hair out of her pale face.

Minutes later the ambulance arrived and the girl was put on a stretcher. I watched her disappear into the white van before black spots began clouding my vision and I dug my nails into my palm as jolts of pain shot up my leg.

"Jungkook! Come on, let's get you to the hospital too." Someone hauled me up and I gave in to the darkness that had been threatening to swallow me whole.