Chapter 9 • The Arcade •

Reunion • A GOT7 Fanfic •

A/N: Thank you, thank you, thank you for waiting so long. I actually kind of hit a wall while writing this chapter (which is why it took forever) and I'm still a little iffy on the ending but I just really wanted to get this out for you all. I'm also working on editing the next chapter so hopefully that will be out either later today or tomorrow. Hope you enjoy this one~! 

EDIT: Sorry I had to take it down for a moment to fix a continuity error.


Saem followed along behind Mark and JB as they laughed about something that had happened in thier class today. The group had gotten off the bus in the city and were now walking towards the arcade. Mark looked over his shoulder at Saem and smiled politely.

"What grade are you in Saem?"

She startled slightly at the sudden attention and answered, "I'm in my second year."

He nodded and then smiled a little more brightly. "Cherish what you have left of high school. College is a drag."

Saem laughed softly and at his beckoning, quickened her pace just enough to stand on his other side. BamBam was walking alongside JB's other side and smiled at Saem. "I think you fit in well with them."

All she could get in was a subtle eye roll. 

When they reached the arcade it was dusk and surprisingly it was still filled with people. Everyone from kids to adults roamed the games and were laughing with friends or enjoying their time by themselves. Either way it was obvious this was a popular place to be. JB led them towards the cashier's counter and Saem pulled out the little wallet she kept with her, ready to pay for tokens. However before she could step up to the counter for her turn, JB held out his hand for her. Saem held out her own hand and the boy dropped tokens into her palm.

"What's the point in me paying you back if you pay for the tokens?" Saem saked.

"You're paying me back in your company. C'mon, I'm going to cream you in air hockey!"

JB ran off towards the air hockey stations and Saem watched him go in confusion. Mark laughed and leaned closer so she'd hear his quiet voice over the music that played. "He gets crazy over air hockey, but honestly he's not the best. Let him beat you a few times and he won't pout for the rest of the night."

"It's true," BamBam murmured

Saem laughed, "I'm not that great either so, it'll be easy for him to beat me."

The duo walked over to where JB was holding a table for them. When Saem stepped up to one side, JB inserted the tokens and then grabbed the puck and two sliders. He handed one to Saem and then jogged over to the other side of the table. The air started up and then JB knocked the puck over to Saem's side. It was going fairly fast and as her reflexes weren't the greatest she missed it and the puck slid right into her goal.

Saem gave a sheepish smile before grabbing the puck and then hitting it over to JB's side. After a few hits she started to get the hang of it and soon it was revealed JB and Saem were pretty evenly matched; Mark watched the battle with intrigue. But JB pulled through in the end and beat Saem by two points. As JB did a small victory cheer he set down the slider and grinned happily.

His smile was contagious and Saem couldn't help the twitching of her lip. Suddenly Saem remembered how afterschool Yugyeom had told her to tell him if he was making any progress. She figured this counted.

"Ah, I have to use the restroom. I'll be right back," Saem announced. The guys nodded and then Saem weaved through the crowds towards the restrooms. She stopped halfway there however when she saw Youngjae at one of the PCs in the back. She stared for a moment but he must've felt it cause he looked up and met her gaze.

She smiled slightly and then pointed towards her destination before hurrying off. Inside she made sure no one else was there before softly calling out BamBam's name. He appeared in the handicap stall with her.

"You know, boys always get curious about what the inside of the girl's bathrooms looks like and it's not as glamorous as we all think..."

Saem waved off his words, "What's Yugyeom's number? He never gave it to me."

"I know his phone number from a year ago, he may have changed it."

"Worth a shot."

BamBam rattled off the numbers and Saem sent a quick text.

Yugyeom? It's Saem.

A reply came a moment later.

Noona! How'd you get my number?

"Jackpot!" Saem smiled. She typed out her response.

BamBam gave it too me :) You told me tell you about any progress. I'm at the arcade with JB and Mark, just saw Youngjae at PCs

He wrote back quickly.

well...if I didn't believe you now I would...um Invite Youngjae to join you but don't tell him it's Mark and JB. They'll be forced to hang out together!

Saem nodded to herself and pocketed her phone before telling BamBam the plan. Exiting the bathroom, she found Youngjae where she left him. He smiled at her and then went back to whatever game he was playing. Saem watched over his shoulder before speaking.

"Looks complicated."

Youngjae shrugged. "It was at first, but you get used to the controls."

Youngjae's character successfully robbed another and Saem laughed slightly as his character ran off with the stolen goods.

"What are you doing at an arcade?"

Same took this as her chance. "Uh, some friends from my neighborhood invited me. You wanna join us?"

Youngjae pursed his lips for a moment before nodding. "Sure. Let me just save the game real quick."

After he did so, he shut off the computer and followed Saem back to the air hockey. Saem noticed that he was still in his uniform. But it wasn't that odd considering there were a few others in their school clothes. As she neared Mark and JB she felt her heart pick up in nervousness.

"Hey guys, I hope you don't mind but I bumped into a classmate and asked him to join us."

Mark and JB turned around and stopped when they saw Youngjae. The latter tensed only slightly but continued on like it was nothing.

"Annyeong," he bowed. "I hope I'm not intruding."

"U-Uh...no," Mark said finally. "It's no problem at all."

Saem smiled nervously. "Sorry. Did I make this awkward?"

"Not at all," JB spoke up. 

 Youngjae looked over and saw the air hockey tables. He smiled slightly and nodded towards them with his head. "I hope you've gotten better, hyung. Wouldn't want to bore Saem to death."

JB glared playfully. "I'll have you know I beat Saem earlier. I could probably beat you too now."

Youngjae laughed and shook his head, "We'll see about that."

"Yes. We. Will." 

As if reading each other's minds the two automatically darted off towards the tables at the same time. JB put in a token and practically before Saem could blink they were knocking the puck back and forth.

"Just like old times," BamBam muttered but despite his tone he looked truly happy.

"They used to do that all the time," Mark said. Saem had to stop herself from jumping in surprise whenever he spoke. He was so naturally quiet he startled her when he made a noise.

"You three knew each other?" Saem asked, feigning innocence. She was starting to believe she was better at this acting thing than she thought.

Mark nodded. "Us three and four others. The seven of us were truly good friends. But...uh...something happened and we all sort of drifted apart."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Before Mark could say anything, JB whooped in happiness as he scored the first point. Youngjae laughed as he set the puck back on the table. Mark and Saem stood by and watched the two go at it for a long while before Mark tapped Saem's arm and pointed to a dancing game.

Saem bit her lip, "I'm not good at those."

"We'll start on easy." 

Mark made his way over to the game and Saem reluctantly followed him towards the game. Once there, Mark waited for Saem to step on her platform before inserting the tokens. The screen came to life and music blasted out of it. A few people looked over and Saem wanted to fold within herself and disappear. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this. 

Mark set it to easy just as promised and then motioned to the screen. "You can pick the song."

"Uhhh," Saem panicked slightly as she scrolled through the choices. She decided for a random approach and held down the button, counted to five and then pushed play. She didn't recognize the song but went with it. 

The arrows slid up the screen slowly and Saem was able to get to the destined spot before she missed it. She was never a good dancer she was too clumsy and the aspect of perfoming for others scared her half to death. But she found that she actually enjoyed this game. When the song finished Saem found herself smiling and looked over to Mark who was also smiling.

"Good job," he said genuinely. 

"I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd like it that much." Saem hopped off the platform. "Thanks for going the easy route for me. You can keep going if you want to."

Mark looked over curiously, "What about you?"

"It's getting kind of late, and I still have the dreaded math homework left."

"Math not a strong subject of yours?" Mark asked.

"My worst."

"I could help you. I do after school tutoring for mostly middle schoolers but there's some high school students too."

Saem remembered BamBam bringing that up the other day. "Thanks but, there's no way I could afford to pay you right now."

"I could help you for free. I don't mind."

"Oh! No! I'd want to pay you. And trust me, after dealing with me and math for an hour you'd want to be paid."

"Saem, it's fine, seriously. Think of it as a thank you gift."

"Thank you gift?"

He pointed behind Saem. "For getting those two back together, even for only one night." 

Curious, Saem looked over her shoulder and saw JB and Youngjae both with bright smiles on their faces. They had since abandoned their game and were now sitting at one of the tables talking. Saem turned back around and nodded slowly. "If you're really okay with it."

"I am." Mark also hopped off the platform. "I tutor Wednesdays and Fridays at the college's library."

Saem nodded. "Friday would probably be best for me." 

"Friday it is." He smiled and walked her back to the group, "Saem's gotta go."

The two boys looked up and JB sighed in disappointment. BamBam who was loitering behind him mimicked the gesture. "Already?"

 "Yeah, sorry guys. I have to study, but thank you for letting me tag along. It was really fun." Saem smiled and then gathered her things before the guys walked her to the front door. Outside they waved as she left and she grinned in return. BamBam stalked behind her silently. "You can stay, you know."

"Why aren't you staying? It's not that late."

"I told you I have to study." And the task was to reunite you guys not force my way into your circle, Saem found herself thinking. Gently shaking the thought away she sped up slightly. "BamBam, just stay."

"What's the point? They can't even see me."

Saem sighed. She felt a little guilty for pulling him away but Saem was starting to feel jealous of the boys and she needed to figure out why.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you at some point." 

It was BamBam's turn to sigh. "No it's okay. I can't force you away from your own life." 

Looking over her shoulder at him she gave him a small smile, hoping none of the other pedestrians were paying her much attention. BamBam rolled his eyes but smiled back and then stepped up to walk besides her. "I think we made some good progress today."

As they made their way back to Saem's house, she listened to him ramble and ramble about anything and everything. When they reached Saem's door, BamBam wished her goodnight and then slowly vanished to where ever it was he spent the nights. Saem happily climbed into bed and pulled her books into her lap to begin studying. After an hour, Chubbi climbed onto the mattress as well and cuddled into Saem's side.

Absently petting her cat's head, Saem smiled down at the purring animal. "We're all we have, aren't we?"

In response, Chubbi burrowed under the covers and Saem nodded to herself. They were all they had.