Chapter 10 • More Allies •

Reunion • A GOT7 Fanfic •

A/N: Chapter 10 is here :D Quick little update, I recently got a new job which I'm so happy about cause I really needed this! I am doing a lot of training for it cause it's my first job like this so I haven't been doing a lot of chapter typing (this one was thankfully finished and just had to be edited) but once I get situated chapters should come at a more frequent pace. It's always nice for me to have a solid schedule instead of all willy-nilly haha

Also I'm not exactly sure at this point how many chapters there will be even though I more or less have the rest of the story planned out in my head. However I do think we're about halfway or coming up to halfway - just a little heads up :)

Now enough of this long A/N, enjoy the chapter~! 


Saem waited in the library patiently flipping through Looking For Alaska. She hadn't read this one yet and needed to be at least a little knowledgeable in it before acting on her plan. Soon, a tall figure plopped down in the seat in front of her and when she looked up Yugyeom greeted her with a bright smile. 

"Is BamBam here?"

"No," Saem shook her head and turned the page. "I actually haven't seen him all day."

"How was the arcade with everyone? I wished I could've been there." Yugyeom gave a pout and Saem smiled.

"It was fun. I'm also having Mark tutor me."

"Oh! Good idea!"

"Just a quick question, who do you think we'll have the hardest time working with?"

Yugyeom looked thoughtful for a moment. "Honestly? Jackson hyung."

Saem thought of the older boy's happy demeanor and care-free attitude. "Why's that?"

"I'm not sure if BamBam's told you, but Jackson is probably the most sensitive out of the seven of us, though he might not seem like it. After the accident, there was this big fight between the six of us." Yugyeom's words caught her attention. Looks like she wouldn't have to ask BamBam more prying questions. "We were all too devestated to talk about what had happened and so JB hyung invited us all out to try to take our minds off of what was happening with BamBam. BamBam liked to have fun and I went to try and honor that. It wasn't meant to be offensive he just wanted to do something good after something bad.

"But while we were out, Jackson hyung suddenly got angry and accused JB hyung of not caring, which led to JB hyung getting angry and soon we were all yelling at each other. I'm not sure who started it but a few punches were thrown. Junior hyung and I were able to calm everyone down and then we all just kind of went our separate ways. Since then we haven't really talked to each other. The few times we've seen each one another were all at the hospital while visiting BamBam. We've tried talking to Jackson hyung about it but he won't listen."

Saem sighed and nodded taking this all in. Suddenly Yugyeom let out a small gasp. "Here comes Junior hyung."

Looking down at her book again, Saem waited until Junior had walked a little past her before speaking up. "Oh! Sunbae?"

Junior stopped and looked over. When he saw Saem he squinted as if trying to remember her and then his face lit with recognition. "Ah, you're the girl from last time...Saem, right?" 

He took a few steps towards her before his eyes drifted to Yugyeom. He gave the younger boy a small smile before turning back to Saem. She smiled and nodded before holding up the book so he could see the cover. "I started the next book you recommended. It's really good!"

"I'm glad you're liking it. It's really thought provoking, isn't it?"

Saem nodded in agreement. She started to say something but stopped suddenly when BamBam's voice hollered through the room. "NOONA!"

Snapping her head in the direction she caught a glimpse of Junior doing the same thing. She frowned slightly and gave Junior a side long glance. He can't see BamBam, can he? At BamBam's quickly approaching figure, Saem looked back at him. His face was full of worry and panic.

"What's going on?" Yugyeom asked. "What are you two looking at?"

"Noona, some kids are picking on Youngjae! No one's going for help and I don't know what to do!" 

Without even realizing what she was doing, or why she was doing it, Saem stood up and motioned for Yugyeom to go with her. She started to run off but stopped, remembering she couldn't be impolite to someone older than her. However when she turned to apologize to Junior, she found him right behind her. She looked up at him in confusion and he met her gaze steadily. "I'm coming with you."

Saem didn't answer, she only nodded her head before running off again. She could hear Junior and Yugyeom coming after her and BamBam ran next to her with a determined look on his face. He pulled in front of her to lead her through the courtyard and around the school where Saem could see a group of three boys pushing Youngjae around.

Not knowing what to do, Saem skitted to a stop and Yugyeom halted next to her. Junior, however, kept going. "Yah!"

The boys looked up in shock and pulled away from Youngjae. Saem and Yugyeom took a few steps forward to join Junior. He stared at the other boys before walking over to Youngjae. Saem watched and noticed a slightly red spot on Youngjae's cheek that he was rubbing at. Junior noticed too; he pulled Youngjae's hand from his face and took in the red spot with a hiss of breath.

"What makes you think this is okay?" Junior snapped turning to face the culprits. The boys, second-years by the look of their uniforms, glared back.

"He gave us a dirty look."

"I didn't give you any look," Youngjae argued. "You were blocking the way, I asked you to move."

"A good for nothing student like you needs to learn their lesson," one of the boys spat.

"The only good for nothing here is you," Saem interrupted. Everyone turned to look at her. "You people go around hurting others thinking they deserve it? That you have a right to hurt people for doing nothing to you?" 

Saem stepped forward, aware of Yugyeom following behind her and his worried gaze. She stalked right up to the boy in front and glared up at him. "You're the good for nothing for thinking you have a right to beat up on people smaller. You think because you're a big shot in high school you'll have it easy in the real world? Please, you're pathetic."

The boy glared. "Yeah? What about you? The weird girl who speaks to imaginary people...oh I'm sorry I mean ghosts."

"Hey!" Yugyeom interjected. "Whatever it is you think you know about Saem noona you're wrong! You couldn't be half the person she is."

"So now that your girlfriend's started talking you think you can say something to me, kid?" The boy Yugyeom and despite his size, Yugyeom flinched slightly at the older boy's intense glare. Suddenly Junior stepped in front of them blocking Saem's view of the bullies. Junior was shorter than Yugyeom but he still stood taller than the other boy.

"You should go. Before this gets too ugly and you lose. The security guard comes around the corner soon and I don't know how nice I'll be feeling if you keep going on."

That was a lie, Saem knew the guard's rounds better than anyone, he'd already ahve been by here earlier. But she didn't say anything, hoping Junior's words would work. She also noticed his words coming out a little differently than before and realized he was speaking in a dialect. At his tone the bullies started to finally show a little fear at last. One of the other boys who hadn't spoken tapped his friend on the arm. He motioned with his head for them to leave and after another tension filled moment the three boys finally stepped away and left. 

When they were gone, everyone's shoulders slumped in relaxation. Saem turned and looked at BamBam who in return gave her a look full of thanks. She gave him a discreet nod before turning back to face the others. Junior was watching her with a curious look and when she met his gaze he gave her a slight smile.

"Wow, noona where did that come from?" Yugyeom asked looking at her with wide eyes. 

Saem could only shrug. "I honestly don't know. It all just kind of burst out without my control."

"How did you know I was here?" Youngjae asked. He was still rubbing his cheek slightly. Junior walked over and inspected it again with a pursed mouth. 

"We heard some other kids talking about how they saw those guys take you over here," Yugyeom lied easily. 

Youngjae stayed quiet for a moment. His eyes continued to dart back and forth between Yugyeom and Junior. After a moment he spared a glance towards Saem and she gave him a reassuring smile. He gave her a nod in response before looking away in what Saem could've sworn was embarrassment. After another quiet moment Junior spoke up. "Yugyeom can you take Youngjae to the nurse's office. He'll need an ice pack before this swells too much."

"Of course!" Yugyeom eagerly stepped forward and Youngjae followed him away leaving Saem with Junior and BamBam.

Saem picked at a loose thread on her jacket sleeve trying to figure out what she should say. By the thoughtful look on Junior's face, he too was trying to figure out it out. Finally he spoke again. "Is he still here?"

She knew he was talking about BamBam. But if he didn't know he was still here then how...? "Yes. You heard him in the library earlier, didn't you?"

"Yes. I don't know why it happens but I'll hear something no one else can. I can't see anything though. I've known about BamBam for a while. At first I thought I was going crazy...it was right after the accident during this fight we all had. I heard BamBam shouting for us to stop. Since then I've heard him talking to me a few times. I've always been too scared to talk back though...I didn't know if it was real and I thought if I started to acknowledge it, it would go away. Seeing you react to his shout earlier made me see that it is real."

BamBam listend quietly before stepping forward and tentatively touching Junior's hand. The older boy didn't flinch or shiver. He couldn't feel it. Somehow this made Saem feel a wave of sadness. All these boys wanted was their friend back. 

"He can't move on," Saem said quietly. "I hope you won't be too angry, but he asked me to help you guys become close again. That's why I approached you."

Junior took a deep breath and looked up at the sky with a sad smile. "I'm not mad. There's relief that there's someone else with a similiar ability to me, sadness that he's stuck like this, but no anger. I assume Yugyeom's helping you?"

Saem nodded. "Yes. He knows about my ability as well." 

Looking back at her Junior smiled again this time with a little less sadness. "I'll help too then. This isn't meant to sound insulting but, you'll need it."

Saem laughed slightly. "I would greatly appreciate the help."

Just then the bell rang and Junior motioned for Saem to lead the way. They started walking side by side towards the front door. BamBam stood next to Junior and gave Saem a mischievious look. She tried to give him one that screamed not to do whatever he was going to. BamBam stood up on his toes and leaned towards Junior. Saem started to open to warn him but it was too late. BamBam shouted in Junior's ear a loud "BOO!" 

The only one's to hear it were her and Junior who shouted in shock and jumped away into Saem. She stumbled slightly but then caught Junior's arm to steady themselves. The other kids around the area looked over in curiosity at Junior's shout and took in the sight of two students startled by something that wasn't seen by them. Junior looked around in embarrassment and straightened up before giving a slight bow to the others and a murmured apology. Then, gently, he took Saem's sleeve and pulled her along with him.

"I swear if I ever see that kid again..." 

Behind them BamBam laughed loudly as he trailed along. "Oh this is going to be fun."


At work that day, Saem was mopping up a mess of a dropped sauce jar when somone spoke up from behind her. "Are you dating Junior?" She jumped and whirled around, almost slipping into the sauce puddle. Jackson leaned against the shelves of pasta, his arms crossed as he watched her reaction. "I saw you guys walking together at lunch."

"No. And before you ask I'm not dating Youngjae either."

"Youngjae? You mean Choi Youngjae?"

"Yeah becasue apparently walking with someone is the equilvalent to dating them, so being desk partners must mean I'm married to them."

Jackson didn't say anything to that, instead he looked thoughtful. Saem suddenly realized she'd showed connections to three of his previous friends. She didn't know why but she started to feel guilty, like she was sneaking behind his back. Well technically she was but he didn't have to know that. Quickly, Saem decided to change the subject before he thought on it too much.

"Why are you so interested in who I'm dating?" She continued her mopping, trying to look nonchalant.

"I'm just curious."

Saem snorted slightly. "I'm not exactly girlfriend material, so there's nothing to be curious about."

"So you've never dated? Ever?"

"I really don't see how this is necessary," Saem sighed, she was starting to blush at Jackson's look of wonder. "Not everyone has the ability to charm the opposite gender like you."

Jackson gave a sheepish smile and looked away. Saem stuck the mop in the bucket, finished with her cleaning and then unfolded the wet floor sign before setting it down over the now clean floor. She pushed the mop back towards the supply closet and when it was back in its original spot she stepped into the employee bathroom to wash her hands. Stepping out into the store floor again she saw Mark wandering the aisles. 

Saem felt her eyes widen and she looked around until she found Jackson shelving canned foods in the next aisle over. She watched as Mark started to turn into the aisle Jackson was in and stepped aside so she was less visible to watch the meeting unfold. Mark hesitated slightly at the end of the aisle and the falter caught Jackson's attention. He looked up and Saem could see his face tense up slightly before he turned away to continue his job. Mark also continued on without saying anything. 

Yugyeom seemed to be right in saying Jackson would be the hardest to recruit. Saem bit her lip in thought, should she intervene or step away? Gently she knocked her head on the wall and started towards Jackson. When she stood next to him she purposefully spoke a little louder than usual. "Do you need any help?"

She kept a sidelong gaze on Mark and her attempt was successful. At her voice, Mark looked over and Saem quickly looked away before he could spot her watching him. Jackson started to shake his head and turn her down but Mark took a step towards them. "Saem?"

Both Jackson and Saem looked over, the former more taken aback. Saem feigned happy surprise and smiled politely. "Oh! Mark sunbae."

"You work here?"

She nodded. "Discounted groceries were the deal breaker."

Mark smiled and then remembered something. "Just double checking, you'll come by tomorrow right?"

Saem nodded again. "Yep, I'll be there about 3:30ish if that's okay."

"That's perfect," Mark grinned. "Oh, can you tell me where the ramyun is? JB is blowing up my phone about wanting some and no other store seems to have the one he wants."

"Yeah it's -"

"It's in aisle 4," Jackson interjected, his voice kind of tense. Saem looked up at him in confusion and found his mouth to be pursed. She looked back at Mark and found the older boy with a peculiar look on his face. Slowly he nodded and then turned back to Saem to give her a small wave as she made his way to the ramyun. 

She waited a moment before turned to Jackson. "Before you even think of asking, no I'm not dating Mark, he's going to be my tutor."

Then, she didn't know why she did it but, she shook her head slightly in annoyance and stalked away not looking back at him as she went.