Chapter 8 • More Questions •

Reunion • A GOT7 Fanfic •

A/N: Yay! A new chapter finally! Thank you all for waiting patiently~ I also just want to let you all know that I'm unsure when the next chapter will be out as this week is pretty hectic for me. I have finals on monday and wednesday, a job interview on tuesday and then I'm attending a convention from Friday to Sunday. I might try and work on the next chapter thursday and any free time I get but there's no promise it'll be out that same day. 

Also, I'm hoping to incorporate some more Junior into the chapters soon. He's really the only one I haven't written much about~

But thank you all again for reading this story and I'll try not to make you all wait too long! Please enjoy this chapter! As always your comments are much appreciated!


After the last class ended for the day Saem started to put away her things when suddenly the girls in the room started to squeal to each other as they peeked out the side windows of the classroom. Next to her, Youngjae lifted his head and looked around in a mixture of curiosity and slight annoyance. Suddenly the class room door slid open and Jackson poked his head in. He scanned the room and stopped when he found Saem. Her eyes widened as he started towards her. Youngjae watched the older boy the whole time and only when Jackson was practically in front of her desk did he seem to notice Youngjae. 

Saem watched as they both stilled and watched each other for a moment. The others in the room noticed the tension as well and murmured to each other. Saem hoped no rumors would start. Finally, Jackson broke the tension with an easy grin and then turned towards Saem again. "I'm here to tell you not to come into work today."

"I need to," Saem argued. "And besides I'm fine."

"The soup I made you works wonders, doesn't it?" Jackson laughed. Everyone, especially the girls gasped, looking at each other in shock.

"What soup?" Saem asked hastily. "You didn't make me soup."

Besides her, Youngjae hid a snorted laugh with a cough. Jackson frowned in confusion. "What are you talking about? I went over-"

"No, you didn't," Saem said a little louder than necessary. She looked at Jackson with a look that begged him to catch on. His frown deepened and he looked around finally noticed the other classmates watching the scene. Saem wanted to slouch into herself, this was like a scene in the dramas. "Ah...oh! Right, no I didn't make you soup. I bought it from the store we both work at as a thank you gift for training me. Sorry, sometimes I still mess up Korean..."

Saem almost sighed in relief when she saw the other classmates look away at his explanation. "That's okay. We should probably start heading to work."

"No, like I said, you're staying home. I'll explain to the manager. A sick person should go home and rest."

She wanted to argue more that she was not sick at all, but Jackson gave her a hard look and she finally relented. 

"Bye, Saem," Youngjae suddenly interjected. "See you tomorrow."

"Ah, okay!" 

Both Saem and Jackson watched him get up and leave. It was only when the classroom door slid shut behind him did Jackson whirl on her. "How well do you know Youngjae?"

"Mmm, not too well. We've only recently started talking but we've been desk partners all year. Why?"

Jackson studied her face but Saem wasn't sure what it was he was looking for. Eventually he only shrugged it off and then waved over his shoulder as he walked away. "Bye."

Saem could only shake her head at the weirdness of it all. And for the first time she wondered if something besides the accident happened to them. She had never been particularly good at reading people, but the animosity between them seemed to be something a little more than losing a friend. She could always ask Yugyeom, however for some reason Saem felt more comfortable asking BamBam questions. But there was the problem of him still being MIA since lunch.

Hauling her backpack up to her shoulders, Saem left the classroom and started the walk to the bus stop. The travel to her home passed in a daze of continuous thoughts. It wasn't until she was walking up the hilll to her home did she notice BamBam trailing behind her.  Sneaking a look over her shoulder she found him looking hesitant to ask something on his mind. With a roll of her eyes, Saem spun around and continued to walk backwards.

"Alright, what did she tell you?"

"Huh?"

"My grandmother. I know she talked to you. I can tell in how you're acting."

BamBam looked up and met her gaze. "I'm just going to come out and say it. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Do you die every time you send a ghost over to the other side?"

Saem stopped, planting her feet together and flopped her arms down to her side. BamBam stopped as well and gave her a somber look. Leaning her head back she looked up at the sky and hummed. "More correctly, a part of my soul breaks away when I help a ghost over to the other side. I don't know how it works but it's like the ghost takes a little piece with it every time."

"The cough attack."

"Yeah." Saem looked down and BamBam nodded. She continued on, "My grandmother would always get upset at me for talking to them and even more for helping them. She'd tell me the lines of the living and the dead would get blurred."

Saem stopped again to laugh slightly. "Those words were enough to scare the out of 6 year old me so I stopped."

"But what about me?" BamBam asked, his face full of concern.

Saem's expression softened and she turned around to continue walking. BamBam followed suit.

"First of all, you're in a coma, you have a chance of waking up. Sorry for looking that up without your permission." BamBam waved it away. "Second, even if for some reason you didn't wake up, the piece of me you'd take wouldn't be the last. I'll recover."

BamBam thought on that for a moment before finally nodded. "You know, your grandmother is a scary woman."

Saem laughed, "Yeah I know."

BamBam finally let out a genuine smile. "I hope you don't turn out that scary."

"I already am," Saem teased, giving him a joking stern look. He laughed at her expression. She wanted to ask him about what happened after the accident but she also didn't want to ruin the good mood. Figuring it could wait a little longer, Saem laughed along with him.

As the two of them rounded the corner they stopped to see JB and Mark walking down the hill. The two boys stopped at the sight of her. JB grinned after a moment, and slight recognition blooomed in Mark's eyes. Saem quickly bowed.

"Annyeong," she murmured.

"Hey," JB took a few steps closer. "Mark and I were just going out to an arcade. We've got this big college project but it was driving us crazy. We needed a break."

"Ah, sounds fun," Saem smiled.

"Oh! You were at the college," Mark suddenly said.

"She's also the one I told you about, with the cat," JB said.

Saem blushed as they talked about her. She bowed again," E-excuse me. I should get home."

She started to skirt around the boys, BamBam following after her, but they both stopped when JB suddenly called out. "Instead of tea, come out with us."

Saem stopped and looked over her shoulder at them. JB had an open and friendly face, there was no ulterior motive in his expression. And to her surprise, Mark didn't look confused, JB must've filled him in on the returning the gesture part of the finding Chubbi story. 

"Unless you're busy?" JB asked. Saem took a moment to think, she sent a fleeting look towards BamBam and found him nodding eagerly at her.

"U-um. Okay. Only if it's not too much," Saem replied.

"It's fine," Mark nodded.

"Go change. We'll wait for you here," JB added.

Speed walking up to her apartment, Saem quickly entered the room and made sure Chubbi had food and more water in her bowls. Then quickly, she switched out of her school uniform and into a pair of jeans and a crewneck sweater before slipping back on her shoes. Grabbing her phone and keys, Saem stopped in front of the door. She had left BamBam out on the porch to wait for her and she knew that he'd still be there when she opened the door.

But what about JB and Mark? Would they actually still be there when she returned? Saem didn't even know them they could be on a bus and laughing at her gullible self for believing they'd wait.

Opening the door, Saem met BamBam's gaze and shook her head. "I'm not going."

"What! Why?"

"I...I've never been to an arcade. I don't know them like you do. And I'm sorry but your word doesn't mean that two men will behave themselves around a high school girl willingly going out with them. An-"

"Noona, they're waiting for you, you can't just leave them standing there. Besides, JB knows where you live, he'd just come and check on you if you take too long."

"Yeah right," Saem rolled her eyes. "Why would they even care?"

Before BamBam could answer a new voice called up to her. "Are you coming?"

Saem jumped and looked down to see JB behind the gate giving her a curious and open look. She prayed to whoever was listening that he hadn't seen her talking to an empty space.

"A-ah, yes. Sorry. I forogot my phone so I had to come back for it." Saem fully exited her apartment and locked the door. She stood at the door for a moment longer before taking a deep breath and turning around with a smile.