Chapter 6 • Moving On •

Reunion • A GOT7 Fanfic •

A/N: Here's a new chapter for you all! Just a heads up, we're starting to work on our final papers for my Lit class and it's a hefty load so I'm sorry if updates take a little longer to come. ;~;

Also! Look at the new beautiful cover! I wanna thank btskookiexx at the Bubble Pop! Graphic shop~ The shop banner is in the credits section of the Forward under all the characters :) Definitely check them out! 

And now! On to the chapter~ Please enjoy :) 

P.S. sorry if there are still any mistakes right now. I'm like half asleep editing this so I may have missed something. I'll check again in the morning!


"Are you sure you're okay?" Jackson asked an hour later. Saem's hands were still shaking slightly and she'd become jumpy. Every time someone called her name she'd startled ever so slightly.

"Yeah," Saem replied quietly, placing a package of pasta on the shelf. Jackson was shelving a different pasta brand next to her.

"Okay," Jackson said, obviously not believing her. 

After they'd finished with the pastas, Saem was asked to grab any carts out in the parking lot garage behind the store. Jackson obediently followed her, and Saem was mildly grateful to have someone with her. The parking garage was the most haunted part of the supermarket, and because of her ability to tell when a ghost was nearby she was never too scared. But if her grandma was hanging around somewhere, she didn't want to be alone. BamBam was still tailing them as well. But luckily for Saem he'd stayed silent since her grandma disappeared. However Saem knew the questions would come later.

In the parking garage, humans and ghosts alike roamed around. The ghosts trying to talk to humans; trying to get their attention. Some just roamed around doing random things. Two boys ran around with a ball. Another was, for some reason, running laps around the lot. Some alive humans were jogging to their cars to get to them faster. Some looked around when a ghost touched them, as if they could feel it. 

There were many humans who could feel ghosts. Usually for them it's a breeze or a flashing feeling of a hand on them before it's gone. But very, very few humans can actually see and talk to them. Even still, the humans who were absolutely oblivious to the ghosts hated being in the parking garage. The overall feeling was creepy. 

As if to prove her thoughts Jackson shivered slightly. "This is kind of...weird."

"No one likes the parking garage," Saem said making her way to a rogue cart against the wall. "You can work on that side and then we can reconvene at the end of the lot."

Jackson nodded and then jogged off to another cart. They worked like this for a while before BamBam spoke again.

"Why are they all still here?" His voice was a whisper as he watched the other ghosts. BamBam's form was slightly sheer as if to blend in with the others.

"Sometimes they just don't want to move on. Or they can't." Saem explained. She was pushing five carts now. "Some might be suicides from before the fire burned down the original building. People who commit suicide can't leave the place they died."

BamBam was quiet for a moment. "So your brother at the college..."

Saem stopped for a moment and blinked.

"Sorry," BamBam said quickly. "That's none of my business. And that was rude..."

Saem opened to say something but closed it when a customer walked past her. Saem bowed to her and then continued on her way up the lot. "No..no it's okay. Yeah..my brother. He jumped."

BamBam looked sympathetic and smiled gently. He decided to change the subject before it got too awkward. "How does a ghost move on?"

Saem thought for a moment. "Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Sometimes when a ghost finds me, they're disoriented and can't see the real world. Instead they see where they died. So I don't always see what they see. But when I was little and didn't really understand what was going on, I helped a few ghosts cross over. One explained it to me when she was ready to move on." 

Saem walked away from her train for a moment to grab another cart. Adding it to her line she continued. "She said she felt warm, and safe. She told me it was like every good memory she'd ever had before. And then she just sort of faded away."

BamBam was silent. Saem looked over and found he looked to be in deep thought. "Do you think it's always like that though? What about like...bad people? Murderers and what not?"

Saem frowned in thought. "I don't know. I've never helped a person who had a past like that. Maybe they don't get a chance?"

"Interesting..."

Deciding to leave him to his thoughts for a moment she looked away. Suddenly the smell of cloves hit her nose and she scrunched her face. Looking over she found a man walking towards her. Ghost.

 "Help me," he whispered.

Saem looked over her shoulder and found Jackson was still pretty far behind her and not paying her any attention. She looked at the ghost again and motioned with her head for him to follow her. She was already breaking the rules with BamBam so why not with this guy.

"What do you remember?" Saem asked, pushing her carts.

"A pain in my chest. I...I think it was a heart attack." The guy nodded. "Yeah...I heard the medic say heart attack. I died before..." He closed his eyes and frowned. "Before the ambulance made it off the property. I woke up across the street. I only remembered this. I didn't know where else to go...so I stayed here."

Saem nodded and smiled at him slightly. "You're okay now. What's your name?"

The ghost scrunched his face as he tried to remember. "Uh...it's uh..Lee...Lee Min Guk." He looked proud that he could remember.

"Lee Min Guk-ssi I want you to close your eyes for a moment," Saem said softly. She stopped and wandered off to grab a cart before coming back. Min Guk had his eyes closed. "Think of something or someone that makes you feel good."

"My wife," he said softly. "She passed away last year."

Saem started moving again slowly, Min Guk followed her with his eyes closed still. Before Saem could get in another word, Min Guk startled and opened his eyes. He turned to look towards the left and let out a wet laugh as tears started to flow down his face. 

"There she is! I see her!" The old man's face brightened into a smile and Saem couldn't help the tips of to curve up. "She's motioning for me to come towards her."

"Go," Saem smiled and whispered. Min Guk nodded and then walked towards whatever it was he saw as if he were in some sort of a daze. As he continued to walk on, his form started to fade until he was completely gone.

Saem continued her job and coughed slightly at the empty feeling that blossomed in her chest. BamBam looked over at her and frowned in worry.

"Noona, are you okay?"

Still coughing, Saem nodded and covered with the back of her hand. She felt the urge to double over but ignored it. The same chill from an hour ago rushed down her spine and her grandmother was standing next to her.

"This is what happens when you disobey the rules. You pay for it, Saem."

"Noona, what's she talking about?" BamBam asked, his hands were reaching forward as if to pat her back. Her grandmother smacked his hands away. 

"Don't touch my granddaughter," she snapped. 

"Saem?" Jackson called from across the lot. Both BamBam and her grandmother vanished. And for once, Saem was glad to be alone. She heard Jackson's footsteps jogging over to her and he rested a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Starting to get the coughs under control, Saem nodded and took in a deep breath of air. She looked over and was surprised to find Jackson's face full of concern. He led her over to an empty parking space and sat her down on the block of cement that marked the end of the parking spot.

"Sit for a while. I'll gather the rest on my own."

"Thank you," Saem replied slightly breathless. Jackson gave her one more worried look before hurrying off. She watched him gather the rest of the carts and then connect her train to his. He jogged them back to the proper station. Saem had a fleeting thought of how good he looked in that supermarket uniform but she pushed it away with a blush. Suddenly she remembered the feel of his warm hand on her shoulder and her blush increased. Saem almost slapped herself. She was NOT going to fall for the school playboy. Especially not this quickly. 

Jackson jogged back to her then and held out his hand for her. She took it and he hauled her up before gently placing a hand on her shoulder to lead her back to the store. "Do you get a break anytime soon. You look a little red and feverish. You should drink some water too."

"I get a small break in 20 minutes."

"How long is it?"

"Today it's only 10 minutes long. This is one of our busier days of the week with all the new shipments and everything." 

Jackson in a breath through his teeth. "That's no good."

Before he could say more, one of the managers saw them and hurried over. "What's going on?"

"Saem's not feeling well. She suddenly had a cough attack and now feels really warm." 

Jackson put a hand to her forehead and Saem wanted to burst with embarrassment. Afterward, her manager also felt her temperature and clicked his tongue.

"Saem go home. Jackson, can you make sure she gets back safe?"

"No, I can go by my-"

"Yes, of course."

Letting out a sigh of defeat Saem let Jackson usher her to the employee room and let her change back into ther real clothes before going in and changing himself. Back in their school uniforms, Jackson took Saem's bag from her and tossed it over his shoulder with his own.

"I can carry my own bag."

"Just go with it," he sighed. Saem pursed her lips but nodded nonetheless. He led her out of the store and towards the bus stop. Saem sat on the bench and Jackson leaned against the bus sign nearby. He pulled out his phone and tapped out a quick text before pocketing it.

"If you need to be somewhere else, I can make it home on my own. I've done it before."

"It's fine. I said I'd take you home and I will. I keep my word."

Saem nodded and tapped her foot against the pavement. As the sound of a bus approaching came nearer, Saem stood up and pulled her bus card out of her backpack from Jackson's shoulder. The two of them boarded the bus and sat in seats next to each other. There weren't many other people on the bus and Saem felt too awkward to speak much so she sat quietly and looked out the window. 

It was practically dark now, the only light left was from the lingering sun rays over the horizon. Very few stars were twinkling and even the ones that were, were hard to see against the city lights. Saem rested her face against the cool window and sighed gently. She had been slightly grateful when BamBam disappeared earlier today. It was always nice to get a break away from the dead and remember that she was still alive.

But now she was getting slightly worried. In the time that he had been following her before she spoke to him and the past two days, he'd never been gone for more than 20 minutes. Except at night and when they were at school. Other than that he was always with her. Saem couldn't help but wonder where he had gone. She only hoped he wasn't with her grandmother. She would've scared him away. And though he was just a ghost, Saem had gotten used to him being around. She wondered how it would feel when he moved on. 

The bus drove over a speed bump, rousing Saem from her thoughts and she looked up. Two more stops until hers. She looked over at Jackson and found him with his arms crossed and his head leaned back, eyes closed. Their bags sat on the floor by his feet, his about to fall over into the aisle.

Saem reached over and gently tapped his arm. He looked up and grabbed their bags. As they passed the last stop before Saem's, she pulled the wire and the stop request dinged. Soon the bus was slowing down and halted. Saem thanked the bus driving as they exited and stepped onto the sidewalk. Jackson stopped and looked up at the hill as Saem started to climb up it.

"I'm just up and around the bend. You don't have to come any further."

Jackson gave her a stern look and then started up the hill. "It's just this neighborhood looked slightly familiar to me." 

"Oh." Saem said lamely. Suddenly she remembered how Jaebum lives at the top of the hill, the nicer part of the neighborhood. Saem wondered how many times the guys had walked through here and she'd never noticed them. 

They walked up quietly, the street lights starting to flicker on as it got even darker. And when they reached Saem's staircase she stopped and pointed up at the quiet little apartment.

"Doesn't look like anyone's home," Jackson said. 

"I uh...I live alone," Saem confessed. Jackson frowned slightly and froze. Hesitating for a second, Saem reached over and took her bag off his arm. He let her take it easily. Holding it by the top strap she bowed. "Thank you sunbae, for taking me home."

She opened her gate and as she turned to close it she startled slightly when she saw Jackson right behind her. "A sick person, can't make themselves soup. I'll make up a quick recipe and then leave. I promise."

Saem hesitated for a moment, she wasn't even sick, she didn't need soup. But Jackson's earnest look caught her off guard. After studying his face for a moment she nodded and stepped aside to let him in. After shutting the gate, she led him up the stairs and opened her apartment door.