KyuMin

Shinee Cafe 2

It took a while, but finally the café was coming down from their excitement over little Eunhae. The baby girl was easily the newest favorite thing for everyone at the café and she also seemed to enjoy all the attention. Donghae and Eunhyuk would frequently visit the café with her in arms and the patrons would all take turns cooing over her. Onew was still terrified to actually touch her but he was also very fond of her. He could tell she was easily going to grow up to be a beautiful woman. And her parents were going to have to beat the boys away with a stick. The thought made him smile happily.

The man was currently sweeping the café as he thought about this. It was a quiet day and the staff was using their new down time to do some cleaning around the place. Key and Taemin were cleaning the kitchen up while Jonghyun worked at the counter. Minho was working outside and Onew was in charge of the seating area. They were all working hard and the place was in a pleasant quiet state because of it. Onew was softly humming to himself as he swept the floor. He was heading around the corner with his head down and wasn’t really paying attention. So he was rather surprised when he got to the last table and saw Kyuhyun there on his computer.

"Hyung! When did you come in?" He asked in surprised.

"A while ago." Kyuhyun muttered as he clicked away on the keyboard.

"Why didn’t you say hi or anything?" He asked but already knew the answer. Kyuhyun never greeted them when he showed up. He just went to the corner and signed unto their free Wi-Fi and started playing his game. He decided to ask a different question.

"Where is Sungmin hyung?"

Onew had asked this casually but he was able to notice that this was something that was bothering Kyuhyun. The computer player paused for a moment before he began clicking away again. But Onew caught the pause and commented.

"Is something the matter?" He asked in concern.

"I have seen Sungmin for a while." The other characters confessed softly. "We had a fight recently and are not talking."

Onew's eyes widened at this. While he knew Kyuhyun was the snarky type, he was surprised that the pair were fighting. They seemed to have a rather lovey dovely relationship. He took a step closer and hesitantly rested a hand on the other's shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly as well.

Kyuhyun looked up at him unsure. Onew couldn’t blame him really, as close as they all were the pair wouldn’t exactly call each other good friends. But he was concerned about him. It was obvious that he was struggling with some things right now. And Onew wanted to help. And yet, even so, he had to respect the other's privacy.

"Look if you want to talk, I'll be there to listen. Otherwise I will get back to cleaning the café and let you be. Okay?" He decided to say.

Kyuhyun looked relieved at this and gave a nod. Onew returned the nod with a pat on the shoulder before walking away with the broom. He quickly cleaned the area before heading back to the counter. Jonghyun had left and there was still things to clean. Onew sighed because he knew the other must have gotten bored and went to the kitchen to see Key. Minho had returned from the outside and was wiping his head of sweat when he noticed the pensive look on his face.

"Hyung? Is something the matter?"

"Oh sorry Minho, no I'm fine. But if you are curious, Kyuhyun is around the corner on his computer."

Minho's face lit up at this. Onew forgot that the two of them were relatively close friends. He quickly put is cleaning stuff away and went to see his friend. Onew watched as Minho took a seat across from Kyuhyun and the two went into deep conversation. Knowing that whatever was said was none of his business he went back to his own work.  He had finally finished his work he decided to head back into the kitchen to check on the other three. When he entered he nearly laughed at the sight. He was right in the fact Jonghyun went to Key, but what was funny is it was obvious Key was expecting this as well. He had his boyfriend running around doing their cleaning which he and Taemin sat at a table drinking some bubble tea. Onew made his way over to drop off his broom.

"Tricked him again?" He asked with a grin.

Key raised an eyebrow.

"Trick? No I merely asked if he would help me out because my shoulder was feeling a little tense and he offered to finish the chores for me instead. That’s not tricking, that’s having a sweet and considerate boyfriend."

"Who is completely whipped." Onew added with a laugh. He turned to Jonghyun and waved a hand. "When you are done come to the front, you and Minho need to move the tables to the walls so we can clean the floor."

"Okay."

Onew nodded his head and made his way back to the front room. Kyuhyun had apparently left because Minho was standing at the counter with a pensive look on his face. Onew casually walked up to him and stood silently at his side. If the younger wanted to talk, then Onew would be there to listen. But he wasn’t going to fish for information either. Despite the fact he really wanted to know. He blamed all the time everyone came over and gossiped to him for his nosey nature.  With all of his hyungs around he was able to learn so much. But he also knew he needed to respect Kyuhyun's privacy. The man, although not that much older than them, was a hyung and was to be respected.

"Hey Onew." Minho called, interrupting his inner turmoil.

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever see yourself getting married one day?" Minho asked softly.

"One needs a girlfriend before they can consider marriage." Onew grumbled under his breath.

Minho had the decency to look guilty at this. While Onew was happy that everyone around him was finding their significant other, it was also a daily reminder how he has yet to. Well him and Taemin, but he had a feeling the brat was going to find love before he ever was.

"Sorry, that's not what I meant." Minho muttered.

"No its okay." Onew ran a hand through his hair before a smile appeared on his lips. "To answer your question. Yes, one day I do see myself getting married."

"And having kids?"

Onew gulped at this. He was still rather hesitant around little Eunhae. The idea of having a little girl or boy of his own to care for was nerve racking.

"No…not yet. Kids and I, well we don’t get along well just yet." Onew raised an eyebrow at this. "Why the sudden question? Are you and Nichkhun considering marriage already?"

"What! No!" Minho blushed brightly at this. "I mean one day yeah maybe. But right now, no. We have so much we still have to do apart before we can start tackling life together."

"Oh that’s good. It's bad enough some of the hyungs are getting married. I think I would be rather depressed if my dongseangs were getting married before me too." Onew laughed. He patted the other on the shoulder. "What's all this about anyways?"

"Well it's about Kyuhyun and Sungmin-hyung."

Onew blinked and had to hold in his smile. He was actually going to learn about the drama anyways. He instead nodded to his friend to continue.

"Well they are… in a situation?" Minho trailed off as if he was trying to find the right word. "They aren't fighting really, just seeing things differently."

"Minho there is no need to be cryptic about it." Onew said with a roll of his eyes.

"Sorry. Just thinking the best way to word it. Let me start at the beginning. Sungmin wants to get married and have kids. Ever since Leeteuk's hyung engagement and little Eunhae arriving he keeps bringing it up to Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun isn't ready yet for a family. But he's afraid to tell Sungmin and cause the two to break up. So they haven't been talking at all."

"Wow that sounds rough." Onew said softly.

"What should they do?" Minho asked in concern. "Kyuhyun is my friend and I want to help but I don’t know what to do."

"And you think asking the single person in the group is the way to go?" Onew teased softly. But then a serious look appeared on his face. "There isn't much we can do. This is their conversation to handle. If anything Kyuhyun needs to be open and honest about his feelings and tell Sungmin the truth. Sungmin is a good man. He doesn’t seem the spiteful type to  break up with something over something like that."

"Yeah, your right." Minho said before pulling out his phone. "I'm going to text Kyuhyun right away."

"You do that." Onew said with a smile before Minho took off. "Let's just hope those two work it out."

***

It was almost a month before anyone in the café saw Kyuhyun or Sungmin again. Onew and Minho were of course worried about them and had asked Leeteuk if he knew anything when he stopped by the café but the owner merely smiled and told them to relax. Since he wasn’t concern about their absence then Onew wasn’t going to either. He just wished the two would come by at some point already. Minho was starting to annoy him with his constant fretting. He kept staring at his phone and the door during open hours waiting for something to tell him his friend was alright.

The five men were currently working a semi-busy morning and Onew was constantly putting more work on Minho to keep the man occupied and busy. Most of Leeteuk's circle of friends were at the café as well that day. They were sitting at a couple of tables they pushed together with a laptop in the middle where they were skyping Heechul and Han Geng in China. Leeteuk was sitting at another table with Onew as they were going over some numbers. And Little Eunhae was sitting at the piano with Ryeowook while the older played kid songs for her enjoyment.

There was the jingle of the door and everyone looked up to see who had entered. Minho was practically across the room in record time when Kyuhyun and Sungmin entered the room together. He nearly tackled his friend in happiness that they were there together. Kyuhyun couldn’t do anything but laugh as he tried to hold the slightly taller man up. Sungmin was also amused by their antics if it wasn’t for the fact he was also confused.

"Kyu? What is going on?" He asked with a smile.

"The last time I was here was when we were fighting." Kyuhyun explained softly. "I haven't spoken to Minho since then so he was probably expecting the worst."

Sungmin blinked in surprised before his face softened. He reached over and ruffled the younger's hair. Minho pulled away and looked at the other.

"Does this mean you aren't breaking up?" He asked innocently.

Sungmin chuckled.

"Hey let's sit down and we will tell you everything."

Minho agreed and allowed the couple to finally sit with the rest of the group. Leeteuk grinned as he joined them and Ryeowook soon followed as he passed Donghae his daughter back. Onew and Jonghyun came up and handed drinks to everyone. Once everyone was seated and served Sungmin began his story.

"It's true we have been having some issues lately. Ever since Eunhae came we have been fighting…" He trailed off unsure where to go next.

"Why were you fighting about Eunhae?" Hyukjae asked concerned as he shifted closer to his boyfriend and daughter.

"Not Eunhae necessarily. Just the idea of kids, a family." Kyuhyun replied softly. "Min kept hinting at it over and over again and I wasn’t sure I was ready for that step."

"That’s not a surprise. A family is a big step to take. Everyone has hesitation about it." Ryeowook said gently.

"Yeah, well I wasn’t so gentle about it." Sungmin admitted sheepishly. "I was really pushing it. It seemed everyone around me was getting these happy endings. Leeteuk is getting married, Heechul has his prince. And you two have a kid now. I know I shouldn’t be selfish, and I love Kyuhyun, but I wanted more."

"It was stressful." Kyuhyun said with a pained smile.

"But what changed? You are here together now right?" Taemin asked.

Sungmin smiled at kissed Kyuhyun on the cheek. The younger seemed rather embarrassed with what was going to happen next. This of course made everyone else even more curious. Sungmin pulled out his phone and with a few clicks showed everyone the screen. Everyone leaned in close to see the couple sitting on the couch with a pair of black dogs in between them. Leeteuk grinned at this.

"You guys bought some dogs?" He asked with a laugh.

Sungmin smiled and nodded happily.

"Kyu bought me some puppies. This is Ari and this is Ali." He explained as he pointed them out. "Kyu said that until we are both ready to have an actual family together we can raise these as our own."

Kangin and Donghae both snickered at this. Shindong shook his head and patted Kyuhyun on the hand showing that they all shared the pain. Heechul wasn’t nearly as sweet.

"Wow Kyuhyun, way to be corny. That has got to the be the cheesiest thing I have ever heard."

"Shut up Heechul-hyung!"

"Don’t tell me to shut up brat. I have no problem flying back to Korea to kick your ."

"Chullie, that would be rather expensive right now." Han Geng said gently. "We are saving up for when we go out there for the weddings."

"Fine. You luck out this time brat. But you are still lame."

Kyuhyun looked as if he wanted to make another comment but Sungmin leaned close and kissed him on the cheek. Kyuhyun seemed relaxed by this and leaned back in his seat. His arm went and rested around Sungmin's shoulder so the smaller man cuddled closer. They could hear Heechul cackling over the internet but no one commented. Leeteuk pulled the laptop towards him and started talking to his best friend. Onew paid more attention to the others.

"So I guess it means you guys figured it all out." He said with a small smile.

"Yeah. At least we are on the same page again." Sungmin replied with a grin. "And we have plenty of time for a family in the future."

"Plenty." Kyuhyun intoned under his breath before smirking.

"If you guest want. You can always babysit Eunhae." Hyukjae suggested with  a grin. "It's been awhile since Hae and I had a good date night."

"A long time." Donghae agreed softly before pecking their daughter on the cheek. "Not that we don’t mind being with our little Eunhae."

"Yeah and then you will quickly learn if you are really wanting kids right now or not." Leeteuk agreed with a smile.

"That sounds like a good idea." Sungmin said cheerfully. "Let me know what days you want. I would love to babysit."

The pair smiled happily at this. Onew was happy to see that everything was finally working out. He was able to grab Minho and drag them back to the counter so they would work again. Minho was also pretty relaxed when he realized that his friends relationship was finally cleared up. He was cheerfully chatting with Onew about something that the man wasn’t honestly listening to because there was something still on his mind.

"Hey Minho." He began calmly.

"Yes hyung?"

"Have you noticed we haven't seen Siwon and Kibum in a long time?"

"Yeah but the pair are rather famous authors. They are probably too busy to visit a lowly café like ours." He pointed out.

"True. I hope everything is all right with them. I wonder if they will visit soon."

"Maybe. But I wouldn’t worry about it." Minho concluded as he walked into the back.

True, Onew thought to himself. But there was a nagging feeling in the back of his head. He was trying to remember the last time he did see the pair. He knew they were not at the café for Heechul's going away party. But he couldn’t remember if they had visited before that. He finally shrugged the feeling away. As Minho said, it wasn’t something to worry about just yet. Instead he turned back to the group that was here and smiled.

He loved the friends he had made here.