Prologue

Shinee Cafe 2

It has been two years, two amazing and memorable years since Park Jungsu took over the little café that was nestled in between the bookstore MBLAQ and the hair salon called Nu'est and made it something of his own. It has also been two years since Onew has met and made friends with some of the greats hyungs he has ever known. He, alongside the other members of Shinee, made some amazing memories during their time and looked forward to each and every day they worked to make even more memories. The popularity of the café has sky rocketed to new heights after it was revealed that the President's Son Jung Yunho has visited there and gave his stamp of approval. In fact Leeteuk has, a couple of times, talked openly about opening a second café and branching off.

"It's just, I don’t know if I want to hire a new staff for a new café, or split you five up." He had told Onew one day when they were talking about it.

"It would be hard to split us up I think. I mean there isn't anyone you could send to the new café that would throw a major fit. Taemin is too young, so you would have to send Key to help him. Jonghyun would follow after since they are now dating. Minho is too happy with where he is because of Nichkhun and I like working at this one. I think we work the best as five and not separated or on our own."

"I know, that has been in my mind the last few weeks."

Onew smiled and stood up. Grabbing the owners drink he patted him on the shoulder.

"I think for now hyung, we should just continue working our hardest for this place. In the future we can discuss a new café, and new employees if need be."

"Fine, you probably know best."

Onew was getting ready to leave when he noticed that Leeteuk seemed rather depressed about something. The man seemed rather listless lately and didn’t put up any effort towards anything that has happened in the café lately. Onew was about to ask if the older man was all right when the man, seemingly sensing his gaze, looked up. He offered Onew a small smile, but an honest one.

"Sorry Jinki, didn’t mean to worry you. I have some things on my mind lately is all. Some personal things actually.  But it's nothing that should be concerning you."

"Are you sure hyung? You know you can talk to us about anything."

"I know, I know. But right now we should focus on the café. I feel like we are embarking on a bigger future for this place than we have seen in the past. And something tells me we will need all of our wits about us."

"Don’t worry hyung. We have done so well with you as our owner so far. I think we can easily handle anything that comes our way."

Leeteuk smiled at this. He stood up and went over to the other. Pulling him into a hug he chuckled softly. Jinki returned the hug.

"I am so glad you are here Jinki. I don’t think I could do nearly as much as I did without you and the others here with me."

"I think you would have been fine. You have Kangin-hyung and Heechul-hyung by your side as well. But thank you."

Leeteuk nodded and let him go. With a small smile he finally left the room and headed out of the café. Onew followed him into the main café room and looked around. Taemin was standing at the counter taking payments of people while Jonghyun and Minho were milling through the crowds getting orders and picking up dirty dishes. And even though Onew couldn’t see him, he knew Key was in the back cooking up a whirlwind storm of recipes for their customers. And Ryeowook sat at his piano playing through different songs he composed. Onew had to smile at the scene. It was like watching a family mill around the house doing various things. And that is how Onew was beginning to see them, like one big dysfunctional family. Taemin looked up and smiled brightly.

"Hyung! Are you all done with Leeteuk-hyung?" He asked as the older came to stand next to him.

"Yeah. We were just talking about the success of our little café."

"I wouldn’t call this place little anymore if you ask me." Jonghyun said as he walked up. "I can't even remember the last time we had a slow day."

"Well our definition of the word slow has certainly changed. I think our popularity went through the roof when that article about us was written. I can't believe they were able to find out about Jung Yunho-shi trip here."

"Oh you know how reporters are." Key called as he poked his head out of the kitchen. "Those media ers probably have someone who stalks every move the President and his son does. And we all know how influential he is. I'm not surprised."

Jonghyun was distracted by the appearance of his boyfriend and made his way over to give the man a kiss on the cheek. Key scowled at him and gave him a hard elbow in the gut. The man gasped for air but didn’t seem to mind. He was use to Key's abuse. Taemin laughed at their antics while Onew merely shook his head. The commotion seem to get Minho's attention because he also came over.

"What are you all doing without me?" He teasingly asked.

"We were just talking about our recent popularity." Onew explained with a grin.

"Yeah and watched Key and Jonghyun's daily entertainment." Taemin added with a grin.

"Ah the best part of the day." Minho replied with a grin of his own.

Key shot the three of them a dirty look and went back to his kitchen. Jonghyun looked torn between following his irate boyfriend or going back to work. Luckily some new customers entered the café so he was forced to tend to them. The others also went back to their work except for Onew who continued to watch his friends. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he knew that the quite days they enjoyed were about to end. There was this feeling like some major things were going to take place in their café. Some things even more adventurous than before. But as he stared at his friends he knew they would be okay. Between the five of them, and under Leeteuk's leadership, nothing was going to tear them down.

They were after all, SHINEE CAFÉ.