HanChul

Shinee Cafe 2

Onew thought that with Leeteuk's engagement to Kangin, thus clearing up all the misunderstandings of the last couple of weeks, would end all the drama that seemed to happen in the café. But there was still one underlining tension within the café still. Leeteuk was still obviously upset about something but it didn’t have to do with his new fiancé. No this had to do with his best friend instead.

Kim Heechul had returned to coming back to the café often but he was not in his normal diva mood. He seemed much quieter, subdued even, and didn’t cause any problems for the staff. And Hangeng wasn’t there either to keep him calm and happy. They haven't seen the Chinese man for a while. Jonghyun admitted to Onew that even Key was worried about their diva friend since he hasn’t made any attempt to rile up the cook. But when he tried to talk to either of the men about it he got the same answer.

"I don’t want to talk about it."

It was maddening for the man. But since it wasn’t affecting the actual work he couldn’t do more than ask. And so they had to leave it alone. But they all kept a close eye on the two friends to see when one of them would cave in and start talking. It seemed like it was something very important that was causing all the tension. In the end it ended up being Kangin who spilled the news. The muscle man came in one day alone and was looking around the cafe. Onew saw him and went up to talk.

"Leeteuk-hyung is not here today Kangin-hyung." He explained to him.

"I know. I was not here looking for him. I am actually here to talk to you."

"Me?"

"I want to explain what's going on between Teukie and Heechul. Where can we talk?"

Onew brought Kangin behind the counter and to the back offices. He ushered the man inside and was sure to lock the door behind them. Gesturing to one of the chairs he took a seat in the second one. Kangin was quiet at first, almost debating if he should talk or not. But finally he decided to.

"I probably shouldn’t say anything to you. And I know Teuk is going to be mad at me for doing so. But you deserve to know. But don’t go telling the others just yet." At Onew's nod he continued. "As you know Hangeng has a business that he help runs in China for his parents. And periodically he goes on trips there to run things thus setting Heechul off in his worst moods for days on end. We all knew that it was a matter of time before Hangeng would have to move back for good to China and that Heechul would eventually follow…"

"Wait, wait, wait." Onew interrupted him. "Are you telling me what I think you are?"

"Heechul and Hangeng are moving back to China. Forever." Kangin confirmed with a serious tone.

"And Leeteuk-hyung?"

"Is not taking it well."

"I can imagine so." Onew muttered.

"Teuk and Heechul have been through a lot together through the years. All the best and worst times. They are more than friends, they are brothers. And I know Leeteuk is happy for his friend but he also is sad because he will miss him like crazy. I think Teuk doesn’t know how to say goodbye."
"When does he leave?"

"Next month. Hangeng is over there preparing for the move, like immigration papers and stuff. But I suspect he will be back right before they both officially leave."

Onew was quiet. He knew it explained a lot but it didn’t make him happier. It made him sad to realize that they were losing two of their close hyungs to a different country. He wondered if there was anything that the café could do for the couple before they left. The smile Kangin had on his face seemed to show that the other man was feeling the same thing.

"I was hoping we could do a going away party here before the pair left. What do you think Onew?" He asked with a grin.

"I like that idea. What do you thing Leeteuk-hyung will say?"

"He would say yes of course, but wonder why no one thought to talk to him first about this." Leeteuk replied from the doorway.

Both men jumped in surprise as they turned to a rather amused Leeteuk. The older man had his arms crossed over his chest and was leaning against the frame casually. Onew looked embarrassed in being caught by the owner and Kangin had a rather sheepish look on his face as well.

"I'm sorry Teukie, I know you are probably mad but…" Kangin began to explain to his fiancé but was stopped by the other who held his hand up.

"It's okay Kangin. I'm not mad. I understand. I wanted to do something for Heechul as well. But every time I thought about the fact he was leaving me I just couldn’t get it out there. I am really going to miss him." Leeteuk admitted as he walked deeper into the room. "But we don’t have much time left. Heechul is leaving soon and we need to make sure we do something special for him before he goes."

"And we will help." Onew said with a grin.

"Of course you will. I am going to need all of you Shinee boys on this one." With a grin he clapped his hands together. "All right, we have a lot of work to do and not a lot enough time."

Leeteuk made his way out of the back room. He started to call for the others one by one. Onew smiled and looked over at Kangin. The bigger man had a smile on his face as well. Standing up he headed towards the door.

"Let's go Onew, we have a lot of work to do."

"Yes hyung."

***

It was three days before Heechul and Hangeng were to move to China and Leeteuk decided it was that day they were going to throw the going away party. He had enlisted the help of the entire Shinee staff in decorating the café, that he closed early, and left to go get his friend. While the man was gone the rest of the gang had arrived and were mingling about. Onew was having a nice conversation with Hyukjae and a rather teary eye Donghae who admitted he was really sad to see his favorite hyung go when Leeteuk arrived with the guests of honor. When Heechul saw all of them gathered, and the banner saying he was going to be missed, he looked rather shocked. And happy. A unusually sentimental Heechul turned to Leeteuk and pulled the man in a tight hug.

"You did this for me?" He asked with a tight smile.

"Of course, you are my best friend Hee. I had to send you off right. And I am going to miss you like hell." Leeteuk admitted with a teary smile of his own.

"Me too. I hate the fact I am leaving for good." He turned to Hangeng who was watching the exchange with a soft smile. "Yah! You should be grateful how much I love you Hannie. I am leaving everyone I know and care about for you."

"I know, and I am very honored about it." Hangeng replied with a soft voice. "If I could, I would move my business here just so you can stay with everyone."

"I know, I know." Heechul wiped the tears from his face. "But we will be fine because we are tough." He smiled at everyone. "Well let's get this party started then."

That seemed to be the necessary switch for everyone else to come over and also greet the pair. Donghae was the first to reach Heechul and threw his arms around the diva in an obvious distress. Heechul chuckled at the man's antics and held him close.

"Yah you silly fish, what is with the tears?"

"I am going to miss you Heechul-hyung. You are my favorite hyung out there."

"You love me because I spoiled you. And that is what you have the Monkey for now. To spoil you in my place."

"But I need you!"

"No you don’t, you need Hyukjae. You will be fine Fishy. I promise. And I will be back to visit. This isn't good bye forever. You just need to come to China and visit."

Donghae seemed to accept this as he allowed Hyukjae to pull him off. The man latched onto his lover and was led to a booth were he cuddled the man. Hyukjae seemed rather pleased by this and made no effort in removing Donghae from his side. The next to approach Heechul was Kibum. The actor had, in the short time together, become rather close to the Diva. The pair had similar taste in hobbies and were known to be good friends. And since they were both in the entertainment industry they crossed paths often. He gave a tight hug to Heechul.

"You take care Hyung."

"You as well Kibum. Don’t Houdini on everyone once I leave. I know how busy you get with your work."

"I'll try to stay in touch. And I should be in China in a couple of months for a new drama so I will be seeing you soon."

"Goody!"

Siwon was the next to come up. He had already spoken with Hangeng in clear mandarin before turning to Heechul. The diva had a grin on his face.

"Horse boy, you planning on visiting me soon too right?"

"Yes. I have a movie opportunity that I am taking."

"Good, good. I look forward to it."

"And I will pray for your safe travels on your move."

"Whatever you think I need church boy. I'm sure I should be okay even without your precious God protecting me."

"Hyung, don’t use the Lord's name in vain. And I will help you find a good church in china when I visit."

"Yah you stubborn horse! I am an atheist."

Siwon seemed to ignore this and head over to where Kibum was standing. The two actors didn’t have a lot of time to be at the party so they needed to make sure they spoke with everyone before they left for their next schedules.  The next pair to walk up was Yesung and Ryeowook. Since the duo were not that close with Heechul they were rather in fair spirits in saying their good byes. Ryeowook was chatting with Hangeng whom he shared a cooking hobby with when Yesung had reached over and put his finger on Heechul's lip.

"I hope in China you find some good philtrums out there. You will let me know right?" He asked in a serious voice.

"Yah you crazy turtle lover. I still think you are odd." Heechul replied as he smacked the hand away. "But yeah, I will let you know. You better take good care of Wookie here or I will come back and kick your ."

"I always take care of Wookie. Why would you leaving be any different?" Yesung asked confused.

"Don’t worry about it Yesungie, I know you will take care of me just fine." Ryeowook replied instead as he moved his lover aside. He turned to Heechul and offered him a smile. "You take care Heechul-hyung. I hope you enjoy your move to China."

"Thank you Wook-ah. I hope you and turtle lover there stay together as well."

Ryeowook smiled at this and grabbed his boyfriend's hand. He gave a final wave to the pair before leading the man to his piano where he sat down. As he started to play Shindong and Nari walked up. Heechul was not close with Shindong but he was rather fond of Nari. As one of the few girls in the group she proved to be a much needed different point of view to an otherwise overly testosterone group of men. Heechul was quick to pull her in a hug.

"Now don’t you fret. Hannie and I will be back for your wedding so I better get an invite."

"Of course Oppa. I'll make sure to send yours out as soon as we pick the date." She said with a sweet smile.

"Good, good. And if you need any help with planning I am a Skype away."

She smiled again and gave him another hug. Shindong and Heechul exchanged a few words as well before they left as well. The final pair to walk up was Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Sungmin was quick to chat with Hangeng in regards to martial arts and planning on coming out to visit which left Heechul with the evil Kyuhyun. The younger man had a grin on his face as he held a hand out.

"I suspect we will be having some good Starcraft matches as soon as you are settled in your new home."

"Oh so eager to lose already Kyuhyun?"

"You are the one destined to lose. I am the best at computer games."

"Sure thing maknae. By the way, you will keep everyone on their toes while I'm gone right?"

"Well I can't be a diva like you, but yeah I can keep them occupied."

"That will have to do." Heechul grinned. "I expect full reports once a month."

"Deal."

Sungmin at this time joined the conversation. Jumping towards Heechul he hugged the man tightly. The two chatted about missing each other and promising to keep in touch before a rather jealous Kyuhyun pulled him away. Onew laughed as a pouting Sungmin clung to his younger lover in apology. He watched as his own staff also headed over to Heechul. Key was the first to speak.

"Well I suppose it will finally get quiet around here. Now that I don’t have any annoying patrons to deal with."

"Yeah well your food was getting boring anyways."

"Cross Dressing Diva."

"PMSing Drama Queen."

The two stopped before hugging each other.

"I am going to miss you hyung."

"Me too Key." He turned to Jonghyun. "Yah, you better take good care of him or I will be back to steal him to China."

"I would just follow after if you did that." Jonghyun admitted with a grin.

"Good answer." Heechul hugged the waiter before turning to Minho. "Now what are your plans?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well now that you and that hunky Thai guy at 2PM are together is there any chance you may being moving too?"

"No Nichkhun likes Korea too much to want to move. And his parents like me well enough so we don’t need to worry about them wanting him back either. But we are just taking it slow."

"Don’t be too slow. I want to still be able to travel if you two decide to tie the knot."

Minho blushed at this.

"It's rather soon to be thinking of marriage I think."

"It's never too soon for marriage."

Minho gave a jerky nod before quickly taking off. He went to the table that Hyukjae and Donghae were and sat across from the still cuddling pair. The rest of the café chuckled at his clear embarrassment before Taemin made his way to Heechul. The man smiled and ruffled the youngest person in the room's hair.

"Tae-ah, you make sure these idiots behave themselves while I'm gone okay."

"I'll try, but it will be a lot of work." Taemin replied with a cheeky grin.

"I know, sorry to put so much pressure on you."

Taemin laughed at this and nodded his head. He left and allowed Onew to finally step forward. Heechul teasing grin dropped into something a little more serious. He draped an arm around the man's shoulder and leaned close.

"You will keep an eye on Leeteuk for me right?" He asked softly.

"Hyung?"

"I know that stupid raccoon will take care of him all fine and dandy but Leeteuk is not the type to always share his feelings openly if he feels it will burden others. But he is pretty open with you. Make sure he doesn’t stress himself too much while I'm gone."

"I promise hyung."

"Good boy. Now I feel like I can do this without any worry. Thanks Onew. I always knew this place was going to be the best place for Leeteuk to run. You are the type of people he needs in his life." He pulled away from him and grinned. "Now it's time for me to really enjoy myself."

He walked past Onew and made his way further in the café. As he cheerfully chatted with the others Hangeng came up to Onew. The Chinese man had a soft look on his face as he watched his lover.

"He has been so worried about everyone lately. I thought he was going to back out of moving with me." He admitted.

"Nah, he loves you hyung. He wouldn’t let you go for anything."

"I know but I was still worried. But you know what he told me? As worried as he was about saying goodbye he knew everyone was going to be okay. Because they had this café to come to. You guys are really special to him. I just wanted you to know."

Hangeng gave a small nod before walking away as well. As Onew stood in the doorway of the café and watched as everyone socialized he could see what the Chinese man meant. There was something very special about this place. It was a place of beginnings. A place of memories. The most important place for everyone.