KangTeuk

Shinee Cafe 2

Onew could sense something was the matter when Leeteuk began to spend more time at their café. While none of them minded the constant presence of their owner, there was something off about the whole thing. Mainly for the fact that no one else was ever there with him. Normally Kangin or Heechul would accompany the man when he was at the café but neither of them have been seen for a while. As curious as they all were, none of them wanted to actually ask because Leeteuk didn’t seem to walk to talk about it. When the man would enter the café he would go straight to the back to look at numbers or other things and would hide in there for a couple of hours. When he did come out he was still friendly to them but there was definitely this aura about him that made them all know not to ask.

And so none of them did.

But over time they could tell that, whatever was bothering the man was starting to show. He would sit at his booth and gaze out of the window, a hand absentmindedly playing with his phone. He would sigh occasionally and would have an almost sad smile on his face whenever Key or Jonghyun would have their daily moments. He would sneak out without saying goodbye to any of them. Not even Ryeowook could figure out what was bothering him. And so Onew, as manager, was sent to finally talk to him and figure out what the problem was. Onew was not looking forward to it, he always tried to respect Leeteuk's privacy but he knew that it was starting to affect the café as well.

A few weeks later, on a rare slow day, Leeteuk had come into the café. There were tension lines all over his face and he looked torn between screaming and crying. The whole staff were terrified by this because they have never seen the owner so upset before. Onew was quick to jump into action and grab the man by the arm. With a strong tug he led him through the café and into the back, calling out to Key to keep an eye on everything while they were gone. Once they entered the back room, he sat the man down at a chair and closed the door. Leeteuk looked winded by the whole exchange and looked up at Onew with wide eyes.

"Jinki, what on earth was that about?" He asked him in a shocked breathless voice.

"Sorry hyung. But you looked really upset when you came in. And you have seen out of sorts the last few weeks as well. We were debating if we should say anything and I wasn’t planning on it. But today you, well you like you were ready to scream. So I decided to pull you aside and find out what's going on."

Leeteuk was quite as he stared at the other man. Onew could practically see the wheels turning in his head as he thought of what to do next. Finally he seemed to come to an understanding because he let out a loud sigh and seemed to deflate.

"Guess there is no reason to hide it now." He muttered. Taking another deep breath he looked up at Onew.

"I think Youngwoon is planning on breaking up with me." He whispered softly.

"What?" Onew took his seat in surprise. "What on earth gives you that idea?"

Leeteuk began to play with his hands. He looked rather lost, and heartbroken at the same time. It took him a few minutes to gather his thoughts. Onew sat across of him patiently waiting.

"It's been going on for a while now. He would starting talking to me on the phone and then he would suddenly get fidgety and change the topic s of times and suddenly need to go. He wouldn’t answer my questions straight and would get annoyed if I pressured too much. So I backed off. And now, he barely calls me or texts me. I don’t know what to do."

"Oh hyung…I am really sorry. I don’t know what to tell you to do."

Leeteuk sighed in defeat.

"I know, trust me I know. I don’t want this to go on if he is so unhappy. But at the same time I don’t want to let him go. I can't even begin to imagine a future without Youngwoon next to me." Leeteuk dropped his head into his hands. "I don’t know what to do."

"Talk to him." Onew replied gently. "You two have been together for a lot. And you should be able to just talk to him, ask him what's going on. Maybe you won't like the answer but at least you know. It's better than doing this to yourself."

"I know. But I can be quite the coward too." He whispered softly. "So it makes it hard."

"Hyung, you and Youngwoon are in a good enough relationship where you can talk to each other. If you can't talk to him about this, then what can you talk to him about?"

"Why must you be such a voice of reason for me." Leeteuk grumbled at him. But he offered a small smile so Onew felt he was kidding. The man raised his hands in the air and stretched as far as he could. When he dropped his arms down there was a sudden knock at the door. Onew glanced at him before turning and calling out to the person to come in.

Both men were surprised when Minho poked his head in to announce that Youngwoon was in the café and wanted to see Leeteuk. Onew looked at Leeteuk who looked like a ghost had just appeared in the room he was so pale. His hands were shaking really bad and he was close to hyperventilating, or just passing out. He told Minho the pair would be out shortly before turning his full attention to the owner. Placing his hands on the other's shoulders he gave him a sharp shake.

"Leeteuk-hyung, get a hold of yourself. You are looking like you are walking to your funeral."

"Sure feels like it." Leeteuk muttered under his breath. Finally he took a deep breath and gave a supportive nod to himself. "All right, let's do this."

Leeteuk squared his shoulders and walked confidently out of the back room. His face was rather pale still but he still made his way. Onew was quick to follow the older man out. He arrived to see Leeteuk standing right behind the counter staring flabbergasted at Kangin who was standing in the middle of the café in a nicely pressed suite. It's not like the other man had never come to the place nicely dressed, he did visit often while at work, but never with this degree of looks. It wasn’t a professional look, but a look of a man who was there to clearly impress someone else. Someone like their owner. Onew had to bite his lip to hold in the glee that threatened to spill out.

He knew what this was all about now.

Leeteuk blinked at the scene in front of him. With a confused look he walked around the counter to stand in front of his boyfriend.

"Youngwoon, what is going on?" He asked softly.

Kangin smiled gently at him and took his hand.

"Teukie, we have been together for a while now and I have to confess, it has been the best time of my life. You have made things so much brighter so much more fun, I actually enjoy going to work because I know I will see you at some point there. Both of our parents have spoken how well things have been since we got together and I realize I want this sort of feeling to last.  So I am asking you, Park Jungsu, will you marry me?"

At this point Kangin pulled out of his pocket a small but elegant looking ring and held it out. The ring was made from white gold and in the middle it had a small but  fancy looking sapphire stone. Everyone in the café stared at the couple in bated breath as they waited for Leeteuk to answer. The man had his hands over his mouth in complete surprise and his eyes look teary. After a minute of not saying anything Onew was about to nudge him when a voice called out from the doorway.

"Yah! Old man answer the poor raccoon already." Heechul called from the entry way where Han Geng stood next to him.

"Yes! Yes I'll marry you!" Leeteuk finally gasped out.

There was a loud cheer that sounded from the entire café as a grinning Youngwoon slid the ring on Jungsu's shaking hand. Cupping the man's face he pressed their lips together sweetly. Leeteuk had tears streaming down his face when they pulled apart and Onew believed them to be happy tears. The newly engaged couple embraced and the Shinee staff members quickly jumped them in a large group hug. While tightly hugging the owner he heard the man whisper his fears to Kangin.

"I thought you were going to break up with me." He confessed.

"Never Teukie. You are the most important in my life, I will fight to the death to keep you with me."

Leeteuk laughed at this and nodded his head.

"I love you Youngwoon."

"I love you too." Kangin whispered in his ear.

"I love you two as well." Heechul called from the booth they just sat in. "Now can someone get me a bubble tea already?"

"Cullie." Han Geng muttered softly.

Onew couldn’t help but laugh at this. He was happy all things ended with a happy ending. He could only hope that things stayed this way for days to come.

"Yah! Key! Get me my tea already!"

"Keep your skirt on you bloody Diva." Key yelled back.

"You're just jealous I look better in a dress than you do!"

"As if!"

Yes, Onew hoped nothing changed.