Chapter 7

I'm Not Crazy

When Kyungsoo woke up the next morning alone in a room he did not recognise and with a burning pain down under, he immediately freaked out. Where was he? What happened? He tried to stand up from the bed but his legs gave away under him, the bottom half of his body aching when what happened last night. He looked around the room for the pyro. When he didn’t see anyone around, he slowly stands up and limps out of the room, in search for his friends. He arrived his room, entering to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting next to each other on his bed, snapping out of their conversation as they hear their smaller friend walk in.

 

“Hi guys.” Kyungsoo said, standing next to his door awkwardly. He knows that his two best friends would find out what happened eventually, but that doesn’t mean that he wanted to say it out loud.

 

“Kyungsoo? What’s the matter?” Baekhyun asked, motioning Kyungsoo to come join them on the bed. Kyungsoo hobbles over, and Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he sees Kyungsoo’s slight limp. “Soo? Did you and Kai perhaps did something last night?”

 

Kyungsoo’s face turns red down to his neck, shuffling on his feet while hoping that his best friends would just change the topic.

 

“You actually ed Kai?” Chanyeol asked after getting other the aftershock. He wasn’t really sure, but he knows both him and Baekhyun feels something different in the asylum's atmosphere. As if something has shifted around the area.

 

“… I was just so caught up in the moment. He wasn’t there when I woke up, I just… I don’t know what to do.” Kyungsoo looked up at his two best friends, eyes starting to tear up as if he just realised Kai left him alone after their night together.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other, a knowing look in both of their eyes, before standing up and pulling Kyungsoo out of the room. 

 

“C’mon Soo. Let’s find that .”

———

 

Kyungsoo hand’t seen Kai in almost a week. The trio had searched high and low for him throughout the asylum, the forbidden section where no one was allowed to enter. Kyungsoo even got Xiumin, Chen and Luhan to help him, seeing as they know the asylum better than he, Baekhyun and Chanyeol does, but they still found nothing. Baekhyun and Chanyeol keeps telling Kyungsoo that Kai is hiding in the forbidden section of the asylum, but being the goodie - two - shoes he is, he refused to go there to look for the pyro.

 

Despite trying to keep his hopes up and refusing to enter the forbidden section, his mood declines over the days, with the schizophrenic boy sitting in his bed staring blankly at the walls for most of the day, creating such a panic that he had to be admitted into the asylum’s emergency sick ward for a check up. They released him right away when they found out nothing was wrong with Kyungsoo, urging him to “cheer up”, but Kyungsoo continued to sit alone in his room, refusing to come out.

 

Up until a huge fire erupts in the asylum. 

 

Kyungsoo, who was once again sat depressingly in his room, immediately perked up when the first whiff of smoke reached his nose. He jumped off the bed, desperate to find Kai. He was sure that the fire was from Kai, it must be the pyro’s way of alerting Kyungsoo that he came back. Kyungsoo ran out of the room, running after the smell of the fire. He coughs as the smoke got stronger, using his sleeve to cover his nose when he looked around and realised that he was at the border of the forbidden section. 

 

Alarms in Kyungsoo’s mind went off, his instincts telling him to run away from the smoke and the fire while his morals tells him that he shouldn’t go in the area, his desperateness for Kai overwhelms the two voices as he runs into the hall.

 

Despite the growing uncomfortableness in his stomach, he continues to run until he reaches a flaming door at the end of the hall. He runs and opens the door, bracing himself from the heat as he looked around the room for his tanned pyro.

 

“Kai!” Kyungsoo coughs when he sees the other in the corner of the room. Kai turns around, eyes glowing red as they land on Kyungsoo. 

 

“I was wondering how long it would take you to find me.” Kai almost whispered, taking a step forward towards Kyungsoo.

 

“Where were you?” Kyungsoo questioned, standing his ground even as the taller loomed over him.

 

“I had some… complications, I guess you can say.” It was at that moment, when Kyungsoo noticed that there was a bed in the room, with a weird bulge under the covers. 

 

“You wanna know what’s under that?” Kai asked when he realised that Kyungsoo has taken notice of the mysterious lump. “Why don’t you go take a look.”

 

Kyungsoo walked forward towards the flaming bed, the possibility of dying chanting in his brain as he walks into the heart of the room and deeper into the fire. He leans over and clutches the sheets in both hands, hesitating for a second before completely pulling the covers off the bed.

 

To find a man’s dead body.

 

Or more accurately, a man’s dead body covered in hickeys and scratch marks. 

 

So Kyungsoo finally did what his body told him to do.

 

He panics.

 

———

Annyeong~

 

Everyone I’m so sorry >///< I haven’t updated in so long and I don’t really have an excuse other than I’m really stuck on this story and I got no idea where this is going. ㅠㅠ I really hope you don’t give up on this and continue to anticipate it even if it takes me so long to update. I’m really worried whether you guys would like what I’m writing or if it would reach your expectations and I just hope that this chapter would be enough to continue the story even if it’s so crappy~

 

Thank you for waiting for this >///< Please tell me what you think of this, even if it’s really bad I still want to know what you think! ^^

 

- Ji Kyo // 지교