Chapter 3

I'm Not Crazy

Kyungsoo immediately stood up, mouth wide open at the flame that was gradually spreading around the room.

 

“What are you doing? Everyone’s looking at you! You’re not supposed to attract attention!” Xiumin hissed, grabbing Kyungsoo’s arm and pulling him back down into his seat.

 

Kyungsoo looked around, surprised that no one seemed to be surprised at the fire, but instead their gaze was all trained on him. He raises his head high, not wanting to seem like he was scared of them. Most of the people, seeing that Kyungsoo had a neutral reaction to their infamous stares, decided to return back to their meal, but Kyungsoo could still feel a gaze on him when someone from the back of the room stands up and starts walking towards him. He stands in front of Kyungsoo, looking down at him and smirks, lifting his hand to grab Kyungsoo’s chin and leans forward, his lips ghosting over the other’s, and whispered “Well what do we have here?”

 

Snapping out of his trance, Kyungsoo shoved the man away from him, shooting him a hard glare. The man just laughed, “Feisty. I like you already.”

 

Xiumin shot up in his seat, face red and hands in tight fists. “Stay away from him Kai. Touch him and I’ll personally make sure that you won’t live to see tomorrow.” He growled in a not so Xiumin like way. 

 

Kai continued laughing, wiping away his fake tears before stating “Oh Minseok, aren’t you just adorable standing up for your friend like that. I think you’re going soft.” 

 

Xiumin’s eyes darken as he roared at the accusation before jumping and tackling Kai onto the ground, straddling the taller boy and punching the living daylights out of him. Kyungsoo’s gaze was on the surprisingly large muscles that was flexing as Xiumin’s arms worked, and Kyungsoo was surprised that a boy that was so sweet was so…. wild.

 

Someone probably called security, cause four guards came rushing into the room and peeled the furious boy off the other, each person holding one limb as they rushed off, Xiumin still yelling while struggling against their grasp. After the four security guards left the room, everyone just continued to eat their lunch, and Kai brushed himself off, winked at Kyungsoo, and left the canteen.

 

“What was that?” Kyungsoo demanded at Luhan and Chen, who had also started eating their lunch again. “What happened back there? What happened to Xiumin?”

 

Luhan looked down at his perfectly manicured nails, obviously ignoring Kyungsoo’s question. 

 

“That man is very…. bipolar. The one that you met and most people are used to is Xiumin, the sweet, lovable and innocent baby. Minseok, the man you saw just now, is the asylum terror. He doesn’t come by often, but everyone’s wary of Xiumin cause Minseok can attack you at any moment.”

 

Kyungsoo nods at what Chen told him. He feels like he should be afraid of Xiumin, but to be honestly, what he just found out just made him like the other man more than he did. Even if Minseok can harm him, seeing Minseok defend him made him feel like he was safe with the man. He trusted Xiumin more than he should, but he doesn’t care.

 

“Where’s Xiumin?” he asked the duo, who immediately looked at him in shock.

“Why are you going to see him?” Chen questioned, worried for his new friend.

“I just want to talk to him. I won’t let him hurt me.” Kyungsoo assured.

Luhan runs his hands into his hair, thinking as he combed it in place. “I’m not sure, Kyungsoo. Minseok wouldn’t have turned back yet, and it’s dangerous for someone inexperienced.”

 

Kyungsoo pouted, giving his hyungs what he claimed was his aegyo. The two hyungs sighed, they were worried for Kyungsoo, but they were in an asylum, and he had to learn on his own.

 

“The guards brought him to his room, number 7. His walls are stronger than average, so it contains him well enough.” Luhan says, “But you really have to be careful. He should be calm, but Minseok can still… pop out.” 

 

Kyungsoo gives them a thumbs up sign before standing up and walking down to room 7, which was guarded with a metal door that said 7. Kim Minseok, Kim Xiumin, Bi Polar Disorder on it. Kyungsoo knocked lightly on the door, before opening it and poking his head in. Xiumin was sat on his bed, legs curled into him. It was obvious that he had been crying, and Kyungsoo just wanted to pull the other into a hug. 

 

“Xiumin?”

 

The man in question looked up, eyes red and swollen. He sniffled, and Kyungsoo walked over to him, wrapping his arms around the other and whispered soothing words.

 

“Why are you here?” Xiumin asked, teary eyes looking up sadly at him.

“I wanted to tell you that I’m not afraid of Minseok. I know you won’t hurt me, I’m not scared.” Kyungsoo answered softly, the way Baekhyun and Chanyeol would comfort him when he was upset.

“I just wanted to defend you from Kai.”

“I know Min, I know. I’m okay with it. Now rest for a bit okay? I’ll come back and check on you later.”

 

Xiumin nodded, obviously exhausted, and Kyungsoo smiled. Minseok may be aggressive and wild, but he would take the dangerous side if he got to see baby Xiumin more often.

 

———

 

Leaves crunched against his feet as Kyungsoo walked down the small path in the asylum’s “garden”. It smelled like rotten flesh and everything was dead, but it reminded him of his park. He wanted to go back to his room, but there was smoke coming out of the room next to him, which would then seep into his room. Kyungsoo suspects that Kai was burning something again. He sworn that he had heard someone scream.

 

The newbie continued walking down the road, when Baekhyun and Chanyeol suddenly approaches him.

 

“Chanyeol! Baekhyun! I haven’t seen you two in so long!” Kyungsoo yells, throwing his arms over his two best friends.

 

The two smiled, and Kyungsoo let go, pouting, “Did the mean government people put you in here too?” 

“No Kyungie~ we’re just visiting you. This is a very nice place, I wished I could stay here.” Chanyeol complimented, and all three of them laughed.

 

They sat on the dead grass, talking about random things like they used to before. It felt like an hour or more has passed, when a girl wearing a skimpy almost translucent top and skirt walked over, looking weirdly at Kyungsoo. 

 

“Who are you talking to?”

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

“Who are they?”

“My best friends.”

“I don’t see them.”

“You’re not smart enough.”

 

The girl seemed to have exploded at Kyungsoo’s diss, yelling all sorts of obscenities that are along the lines of “WHAT DO YOU MEAN I’M NOT SMART?”, “YOU MUST BE ING STUPID!”, “I’M THE MOST POPULAR PERSON IN THIS BUILDING!”, “I WISH THAT YOU WOULD GO KILL YOURSELF!”. They didn’t really bother him until she said the one thing that Kyungsoo hated hearing even as a young kid.

 

“YOU’RE CRAZY!”

 

Kyungsoo lunged at the girl, grabbing her neck and slamming her to the floor. She yelped, gasping for air, while Kyungsoo continued slamming her head against the floor, yelling “I’M NOT CRAZY.” He hated it when people called him that. Baekhyun said that if someone called you crazy, you have to hurt them so they don’t say it again. So Kyungsoo did. He tightened his hold on the girl’s neck, cutting off her air supply while slamming her head down onto the hard floor, hoping that it would knock her out, or at least silence her. It took another minute or so when the girl just stopped moving, and Kyungsoo removed his hands from her neck. He searched her clothes and pulled out an identity card that had Bae Suzy, 20, written on it. He pocketed it, smiling at himself, when a dark presence dropped down from the dead tree on the other side of the garden. The person walked towards Kyungsoo, and as he got closer, Kyungsoo could tell that it was Kai. He turned around to look at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, seeking help, but they had disappeared. He turned back around, Kai’s emotionless face mere inches away from his own, and all he could think was “F•ck my life.”

-----

Author's Note

Annyeong! Sorry for not updating for so long I've been super busy :( I'm in the process of writing the 4th chapter so continue reading! By the way I have nothing against Suzy and I'm sorry for making her a and killing her but she just came into mind! I got no idea how this fic is going to turn out but hopefully I stay long enough to finish it! Hope you enjoyed this chapter~~