Chapter 5

I'm Not Crazy

———

“Wha—”

 

It was already night when Kyungsoo wakes up to find himself in a room that he doesn’t recognise. The room was dark and smelled of smoke, making the man scrunch up his nose at the smell.

 

“Hello? Is anyone here?” Kyungsoo whispers and something moves at the dark corner of the room. Kyungsoo climbs off the bed and slowly walks over to see a Kai sleeping on a rusty metal chair, mumbling something unidentifiable every once in a while. Kyungsoo leans closer at the sleeping figure, gazing at the soft plump lips that he had kissed just that afternoon. The younger man seemed so peaceful, and Kyungsoo didn’t want to disturb him.

 

“HELLO KYUNGSOO!”

 

Chanyeol burst out as he and Baekhyun suddenly appeared at Kyungsoo’s side, making him jump.

 

“Shut up Chanyeol! Can’t you see that he’s sleeping?” Kyungsoo shushed, clamping his hand over the giant’s mouth. “You’re gonna wake him up!”

 

Baekhyun gave a cheesier cat smile smile when he saw the younger pyro sleeping on the chair, leaning up to whisper something into Chanyeol’s ear before asking, “So when did you fall in love with fire boy?”

 

“Wait WHAT?!” Kyungsoo spat, whipping his head from staring at Kai to looking at his troublesome friends incredulously. 

 

“Obviously. We’ve been spending less time with each other ever since you’ve laid ur eyes on him”

 

“That’s not true!”

 

“It’s okay to admit it Soo, it’s just us.”

 

“But I don’t like him!”

 

“You don’t like who?”

 

Kyungsoo whips around to see that Kai is awake, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Yawning, he focuses his gaze back on the older man, expecting to hear an answer. Kyungsoo coughed, hiding his blush before asking “What am I doing here?”

 

“You fainted a while ago, I brought you here just in case the other people wants to attack you again.”

 

“Oh… Thanks.”

 

Kai smiled, reaching a hand out to Kyungsoo and curling it around this wrist, tugging the shorter man closer. Kyungsoo stumbled forward at the sudden pull, wrapping his arms around Kai’s neck on impulse, their faces mere centimetres from each other.

 

Kyungsoo could feel Kai’s hot breath fanning over him, the pyro’s eyes staring directly at his lips as he sticks the tip of his tongue out to them wet. Time seemed to stop as they started at each other until Kai broke the ice. 

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

“Mhm?” Kyungsoo said, his eyes closed, awaiting the other’s lips on his.

 

“Your friends are watching us.”

 

Kyungsoo rips himself away from the chuckling pyro to see Luhan, Chen and Xiumin staring at them, jaws slack in surprise. He could feel heat rising at the thought of his new friends seeing him almost kiss the exact person that they told him to avoid.

 

“Hey guys….” Kyungsoo stammered, before a bunch of hands grabbed his arms and shirt and dragged him to Xiumin’s room, forcing him to sit on the bed as the three of them surrounded him.

 

“What were you doing with Kai? I thought that we told you to stay away from him!” Xiumin exclaimed, his face turning red in frustration.

 

“I don’t know! I just woke up and was in his room!” Kyungsoo defended, crossing his fingers and wishing that he could defend himself without triggering Minseok out.

 

“When Luhan told us what was happening with you, we looked the whole hospital upside down for you!”

 

“You were just looking at the wrong places! If you were searching the whole asylum, why didn’t you check Kai’s room in the first place?”

 

“We specifically told you to stay away from him!”

 

“He’s not even as bad as you think!”

 

“You don’t know him the way I do!”

 

“How would you know what he’s actually like if all you do is fight with him! He’s actually a very sensitive and caring person!”

 

“I can’t believe you’re crazy enough to believe all his lies!”

 

“For the last ing time, I’m not goddamn crazy!”

 

Kyungsoo lunged at Xiumin, tired of the older putting the blame on him when it wasn’t his fault to begin with. Kyungsoo grabbed Xiumin’s neck, trying to strangle him when suddenly he was flying across the room, his back hitting the wall hard. He stands back up and faces Xiumin, ready to fight him while Luhan and Chen tried to hold the small but strong man back.

 

“Please Minseok! Calm yourself! You don’t want to fight Kyungsoo!”

 

Xiumin growled again, practically shaking the two struggling men off him before charging at Kyungsoo’s direction, punching Kyungsoo right on his left cheek. Kyungsoo tried to retaliate by hitting the other back, but overwhelmed by the other’s strength, he had to think of another tactic to get Minseok off him. He whips his head around, desperate to find an escape when he gets thrown on the floor, hands scratching and punching his torso. He let out a whimper as he felt Minseok pin his shoulder down and he knew that Minseok’s infamous punch was coming. Turning his head to the side, he closed his eyes before bracing himself for the punch.

 

Which never came.

 

He felt the heavy weight leave his body and he looked up to see that Kai had knocked Minseok out and tossed him to the side of the hall, before picking Kyungsoo up and throwing him over his shoulder and stalking away, while Kyungsoo just stared hopelessly at Luhan and Chen, who was now tending to the still unconscious Xiumin.

 

——————

 

Kai arrived back to his room, before throwing Kyungsoo onto the bed like he was a pillow. Sitting down next to the older, he took Kyungsoo’s chin in his rough fingers and tilted his head around to inspect the bruises and cuts that were forming on his face.

 

“Are you okay?” Kai breathed out, so soft that Kyungsoo almost couldn’t hear him.

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head slightly, mouth dry as he started at the pyro. Kai then raises his hand and brings a wet cotton ball to Kyungsoo’s face, leaning even closer to disinfect Kyungsoo’s face. 

 

Kyungsoo scrunched up his nose as Kai helped him clean the wounds. Not because of the pain that immediately started searing through his face, but more because of the way Kai was caring for him. He’s really not as bad as Xiumin said he was.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Kai, whose face was contorted in concentration. The older smiled, reaching up and running his hands through Kai’s hair until it moves down to his nape, circling his neck even though there was really no need for such close contact on both of their accounts.

 

He could feel the pyro gulp, putting down the cotton ball before wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s smaller frame and resting his head against his. 

 

“Hey Kyungsoo?”

 

“You’re not gonna tell me that my friends are watching this time are you?”

 

“Kyungsoo… Can I kiss you?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head softly, before leaning forward and meeting Kai’s lips with his. 

 

———

Annyeong! Oh my god I finally finished this chapter after countless sleepless nights~ I'm already starting to work on the next chapter so hopefully I would be able to upload that quick. I'm anticipating that there would be in the next chapter but I'l' put a warning sign on the next chapter if there is! I hope you all like this and remember to comment or suscribe!