Chapter 6

I'm Not Crazy

 

Kyungsoo skipped up to their usual lunch table, a wide grin on his face as his friends looked up at him in confusion. He slipped into his seat, grabbing a plate of ‘mystery meat’ from Luhan’s plate, ignoring the foul taste as he shoved a spoonful into his mouth. 

 

“What has got you so happy?” Chen asked, draping an arm over Xiumin and nuzzling the older’s ear with his nose.

 

Kyungsoo leaned over the table, huddling his head into their circle before whispering “Kai and I kissed.”

 

“WHAt.”

 

Kyungsoo looked over to Xiumin, whose jaw was practically hanging off the floor. 

 

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Yeah. He saved me from those rioters and healed my cuts and wounds that I would like to remind Minseok gave me.” Kyungsoo could see the fumes coming out of Xiumin’s red ears, but he already couldn’t stop himself. “You tell me that Kai is dangerous, but you were the one to lose control and hurt me while Kai was the one that saved me from you. How are you any different than Kai. Both of you are dangerous, but can be incredibly sweet. You are just misjudging him.”

 

The tension among the few friends was so think you could cut it with a knife, and Kyungsoo closed his eyes, ready to feel Minseok tackle him in fury, but it never came. 

 

“I wish you know what you’re doing.” Xiumin said when Kyungsoo peeled his eyes open.

 

“Xiumin hyung, I know you’re only looking out for me but I want this. I want him.”

 

Xiumin sighed, but nodded his head before standing up , tugging Chen up with him. “I’m full, let’s go.” before walking away from the table.

 

Luhan giggled, looking at his freshly done nails while telling Kyungsoo that he “thinks that they would be cute together” and that “he should go get some”. 

 

Kyungsoo immediately excused himself after hearing this, running down the hall to escape Luhan’s maniac laughter from his reaction when he slammed into a wall.

 

Or Kai. Same thing.

 

“O-oh… Hi Kai.” Kyungsoo stammered at the man who was now towering over him.

 

Kai smiled, before taking something from behind his back and handing it to Kyungsoo. “For you.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at the faded blue, worn out box that the pyro has given to him. 

 

“What is it?”

 

“Open it and you’ll find out.”

 

Kyungsoo gingerly the cover on the box, not sure if there would be anything inside the box that could potentially harm him. He could hear Kai tapping his foot, telling him to hurry up so he took in a deep breath and opened the box.

 

A teddy bear. 

 

A burnt one to be exact.

 

Kyungsoo took the teddy bear in his hands, which looked like it has been through a few rounds of fire. He smiled weakly at Kai, who beamed back as if the smell of burnt cloth didn’t affect him.

 

“So, do you like it?” Kai asked, who trying to hide his eagerness.

 

“Um, yeah! It’s so… cute!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, even though the bear was so burnt he couldn’t actually see it’s face. 

 

“You don’t even mean it.” Kai pouted, sensing the older man’s hesitation.

 

“Of course I do! See, isn’t it adorable?” Kyungsoo gasped in pretend surprise as he made the bear dance around Kai’s head.

 

The pyro chuckled for a moment before taking Kyungsoo’s hand and saying “I’ve got something to show you.”

 

He slowly pulls Kyungsoo to the clinic’s garden, and the first thing that Kyungsoo notices was fire.

 

Lots of fire. 

 

There were approximately 30 flower pots surrounding the garden, and Kai lead him to the middle, before sitting down on the dry floor and pulling Kyungsoo down next to him. 

 

“Do you remember that wall?” He asked Kyungsoo as they got comfortable on the ground.

 

“The one you tried to kill me against?” He asked, looking over to that infamous wall.

 

“I didn’t only try to kill you there, but it was also where we first kissed.” and both of them smiled, reimagining that memory in each of their heads.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo?” Kai suddenly whispers, leaning closer towards Kyungsoo.

 

“Ye—?”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t even finish his sentence before he felt Kai’s lips pressing firmly against his in an open mouthed kiss, and he kissed back just as eagerly, moving his hands to grip the front of Kai’s shirt as Kai gently tugged him onto his lap. 

 

Kyungsoo pulled back for a breath, eyeing Kai’s swelling red lips as he giggled. They spent the rest of the day soaking in each other’s presence, before Kyungsoo slowly fell asleep listening Kai’s heartbeat.

 

———

When Kyungsoo woke up, he was already on the bed in his room instead of in Kai’s lap liked he had hoped. Pouting, he flopped back in bed, disappointed that he didn’t have the pyro with him.

 

“Missing your lover boy?”

 

Kyungsoo sprung up in his bed, just to realise that it was just Baekhyun.

 

“Baekkie ahh~ you scared me.” he said, clutching his chest.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just Yeollie and I haven’t seen you in so long. We miss you.”

 

Kyungsoo could sense the sadness in his best friend’s voice and the guilt started slipping in. “I’m sorry Baek, it’s just that I’m so busy these days…”

 

“It just seems like you don’t need us anymore… we’ve been seeing you less and less and when we do see you you’re with lover boy.”

 

“Baekhyunnie, it’s only that we don’t have the chances here. You know I don’t mean to drift off from you.”

 

“Okay… if you say so. We just wanted you to know that although we miss you, we still want you to be happy and if being with lover boy does make you happy, then we wouldn’t stop you.” Baekhyun sighed, wrapping Kyungsoo in a hug. 

 

“Baekhyun, I know that you and Channie are upset about this, so I promise that we can—” Kyungsoo blabbered before he was cut off by a knock on the door and a note slipping under it saying ‘Meet me in my room in 5 minutes. - Kai’. 

 

Baekhyun sighed at the disruption, before waving at Kyungsoo and telling him to ‘go find lover boy’, giving him permission to run down the hall to the pyro’s room.

 

———

5 minutes later, Kyungsoo stood in front of Kai’s room, unsure whether or not he should just walk in when the door suddenly opened, revealing a grumpy looking Kai when he was suddenly pulled into the smoke scented room.

 

“Woah… are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked when Kai tugs him onto the bed and buries his head into his neck.

 

“Bad day, don’t ask.” Kai mumbles, burying is head keeping into the conjunction between Kyungsoo’s neck and collarbone. 

 

They sat in silence, listening to each other’s breathing noises, when Kyungsoo starts feeling Kai peppering kisses up and down his neck.

 

“K-kai… what are you doing?” he asked as he subconsciously stretched his neck longer to give the pyro more access.

 

Kai ignores him in favor of leaning up and kissing the elder while trying to get rid of his shirt. Tugging both his and Kyungsoo’s shirt off, he trailed a path of wet kisses down Kyungsoo’s body while palming his crotch though his pants, causing him to let out a moan.

 

“Kai… please…”

 

Kai slowly tugged Kyungsoo’s pants off, and needless to say, both of them found bliss that night.

------

Hello~ I'm so sorry for not updating for so long I've had major writer's block please forgive me >///< I know it's very crappy but school is really taking a toll on me and I keep getting these new fanfic ideas Im so so sorry~~ Please leave comments down below if you want and suscribe ^^

By the way I just want to tell you that schizophrenic people usually use their hallucinations as a distraction so when they have something in real life that would help them they see their hallucinations less hence why Kyungsoo is seeing Baekhyun and Chanyeol less and less if any of you were wondering. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this ^^