Eight

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The walk back to the hotel was quite awkward, needless to say. I think it just brought back memories from high school that neither of us really wanted to remember. High school was a mess. But at the same time, it brought back good memories. Good memories that involved Mark and I. Mark was carrying the bags of groceries ahead of me and I couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of me.

I think reality just hit me that I'm going to be a mother. Mark's going to be a father. Mark is going to be the father of this child. For some reason, this looks like a glimpse of my future. What I mean to say is that, this scene looks like something that will be happening quite often in the future from here on out.

I can picture myself holding onto the little one's hand walking behind Mark who's carrying grocery bags in both hands going ahead of us because he's impatient. I can picture myself smiling at his frustration and our little one giggling along with me. I can picture a future with Mark.

Holy .

I pulled out my phone and snapped a pic of this scene in front of me, capturing this memorable moment. I forgot that my sound wasn’t muted and the snapping sound of the picture being taken went off. Mark turned his head back to see where the noise came from and there I was holding my phone out in front of me waving and cheesing like a dummy.

I heard Mark scoff and turn his head back to look in front of him then stopped to wait for me to catch up.

"Sorry, I didn't know I was so ahead of you," he apologized.

"It's okay. I was thinking to myself while I was being deserted," I responded jokingly.

We matched paces as we continued to walk towards our hotel.

"About what?"

"Oh, you know, things in life."

"Like ours?"

I wasn't expecting this type of response from Mark, so I gave him a confused look.

"Don't give me that look," I heard Mark say with a short chuckle following after.

"I think about things in life too, y'know," he said earning him a nudge in the arm by me from his humor.

"After seeing Naeun after a long time..I don't know. I guess I expected her to be the best out of all of us after high school. After she started dating Myungsoo, that is. He looked pretty stable, like a guy that could support himself and his family and all. But seeing her like this now-- I don't know what to think anymore," Mark vented out.

I never thought I would feel so uncomfortable hearing Myungsoo's name come out of Mark's mouth. Might as well tell him now rather than later. I huffed out a big sigh before spilling my secret.

"Do you remember that day at school we went up to the rooftop? After I basically cried my eyes out?"

He nodded to let me know he was listening.

"Before I continue, I just want to say thank you again for the millionth time because if you weren't there for me, I don't know where I would be today. And thank you for not questioning it either, but I think you should know after all these years, even if it might not matter. I dated Myungsoo up until that day. That day, he unknowingly broke my heart. After I got out of the nurse's office, I heard him in the Janitor's closet with Naeun. I wouldn't have known if she didn't say his name out loud, though," I chuckled because now looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter