Six

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"EOMMA!!!" I yelled throwing my hands up to pull her in for a bone crushing embrace.

"Aigoo, Mijoo-ah! You came so suddenly?! I wish I knew beforehand so I could make you a meal," my aunt said with a small smile  and smoothed her hair.

"Omo, who's this?" she said with a bright smile and referring to Mark who decided to show himself.

"Oh, ne, annyeonghaseyo ajumma Mark ibnida," Mark said introducing himself while bowing to my aunt.

"Ne, Eomma, this is Mark. We decided to come visit because he wanted to meet you and I wanted to see you again."

"Oh! So you're Mark? Aigoo, nice to meet you. Have you been treating my Mijoo well?"

"Ne, ajumma! It's so great to finally meet you in person," Mark schmoozed cupping my aunt's hands in his.

"Please, just call me eomma. It's so great to finally meet someone who's so close to Mijoo. When she was in high school, she only brought her friend Soojung over. You must know her, so I'll skip introductions. Are you kids hungry? I'll cut some fruit," my aunt said excitingly.

It was true. I never brought anyone except Baby Soul (Soojung) over. She and I were best friends and although I also told Mark what was going on, I never brought him over. I was much too embarrassed as is-- I know: that's bad.

"Eomma, I like your new house. It's perfect for you," I said, making conversation. Mark followed me and sat on the floor next to me.

"Ne, I like it too. But enough of me, I want to know about you two. Why did you both decide to date after all these years?" My aunt was clearly too eager to know this gossip, but I thought it was cute. I was about to answer, but Mark beat me to it.

"Well, honestly, eomma, I had this secret crush on her ever since we met. I never had the guts to tell her until we finished our last year of college," Mark surprisingly confessed. Wow. Wait. Did he just say he had a secret crush on me since high school?! It's been how long and he's never even told me this?

"Bwo?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah…ah..I didn't tell you, yeobo. Mianhe?" Mark was quite embarrassed, but it was really cute.

"So wait. Mijoo, you never knew about this until just now? Wah~ how cute! You must be really embarrassed, right Mark? It's okay, when I first met my husband a long time ago, we went through this exact situation," my aunt explained trying to comfort Mark a little.

"Ah really? Well, it's true. I mean, to be truthful, I did date other girls before Mijoo because I never thought that I would have a chance with her. My confidence went down every time I thought about telling her because I didn't think she thought of me in that way. I started having feelings after she told me that her sister, Eunji eonni, got proposed to by Hoya hyung," Mark confided.

I was speechless. I just sat there feeling kind of guilty for some reason. I really had no clue Mark thought this way of me for such a long time. My mouth was slightly agape and I didn't notice it until my aunt said, "Mijoo, close your mouth, you're gonna catch bugs in your mouth. Ahh well our Mijoo is pretty oblivious to these things, as always."

Mark chuckled and looked at me. He closes my mouth for me and turned his attention towards my aunt and started to say, "Eomma, since we're here, is there anything new I should know about Mijoo since I just told my biggest secret?" He had this anticipating look on his face that would make anyone like my aunt squeal and fall for.

"I-I'm going to go to the bathroom, excuse me," I pardoned.

 

Author's POV

Auntie sighed and started to peel fruit.

"You must be someone special to Mijoo, hm? She's only had 2 boyfriends that I've known of and they're all whom I've approved. I remember one time during her last semester of high school, she locked herself in her room for the whole day after school because of this boy. I don't know if she's told you about him, but he left her so heartbroken that her sister nor myself could get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter