Thirteen

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV

"Hey.." Mark shyly said, now face to face with his fiancé.

"Hey?" Mijoo mimicked.

Mark sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I-I'm sorry," Mark finally mustered out while grabbing both Mijoo's hands in his.

"Why is it so hard for you to tell me how you're feeling?"

"…?" Mark furrowed his brows and made eye contact with Mijoo.

"See this is exactly what I'm talking about! Sometimes, I wish you would tell me instead of showing me. Never thought the day would come where those words would come out."

"..Mijoo…?" Mijoo took her hands out of Mark's hold by this time.

"I'm not saying I'm sick of it, but damn can I get 100 words out of your mouth in a day?! I'm not psychic. I can't read your mind."

"Sometimes I just have nothing to say or don't know what to say.."

"Yeah..? Now I don't either."

Mark gave her a confused, flustered, frustrated, sad expression. He didn't know how to feel about this remark she had just given him. They stood there, eye to eye, not speaking a single work, stuck in a trance of bottled up emotions until Hani's scream broke the intensity between Mark and Mijoo. Mijoo closed her eyes and dropped her head down and Mark turned his head towards the couple in despair next to them. Once he saw the scene before him, he sighed in embarrassment and stuck his hands in his pockets glumly.

He saw Jackson covering his ears like a child boasting, "LA LA  LA  LA LA--I CAN'T HEAR YOU--LA LA LA LA LA--" Hani was on the other side with her hands on both sides of her head, grunting in frustration shouting random things at Jackson through her clenched teeth.

She looked so done with Jackson to be completely honest lol.

All of a sudden, a (not so) small voice appeared out of nowhere.

"Alright that's enough!"

 

Kei's POV

"Alright that's enough!" I shouted as loud as I could for them to hear me. Everyone suddenly came to a halt and turned their attention towards me. Oh, I never liked to be the center of attention, but I will if I have to be, especially during times like this.

"Hm? Kei? What's wrong with you?" Jackson said with a tone dripping of worry.

"Me? Me?! What's wrong with you? All of you?" I asked, my voice volume raising with each word.

I saw everyone blink twice, as if they didn't take note of the situation.

"Hani, Jackson. Don't you think you two are being a bit too much? Truthfully, Hani, Jackson didn't tell any one of us you were coming," I confessed, watching Jackson's face twitch up when he saw Hani's murderous expression protrude off her face as she turned to look at her boyfriend.

"I wanted to keep that secret hidden, but it ended up making things worse, and I apologize for that. And Jackson, all you had to do was apologize and tell the truth. That's the problem with you--you have so much pride that you don't want to admit you're wrong. And you bluff. A lot," with my last comment, I heard Mark and Mijoo snicker a bit. Hani busted out laughing and held her stomach from the amount of laughter she was expressing.

"But that's not all that's been going wrong this whole night. Jackson, I just want you and Hani to be happy in the relationship. Both of you have your pride at an all time high, and that's what's going to eventually cause potential problems. That's why this whole mess started," I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but tried so hard to prevent them from spilling out.

"Jackson, I've known you longer than anyone that's been in my life. I just want to see this relationship work out because I have honestly never seen anyone to be more fitting to be your significant other than Hani. I just want to see you happy."

Jackson and Hani both looked at each other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter