Two

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stepped off the train with Mijoo following closely behind me. Right away, I knew exactly where I was: Andong Train Station, also known as my hometown. That sneaky little Angel of mine-- I knew she was up to something, but not something like this. I mean, knowing her, the possibilities are endless.

To be honest, we haven't been in the best point of our relationship. Sometimes we fight over the smallest things and most of the blame is on me, I'll admit. In these past few months, I've gotten a promotion, but with this promotion comes a lot of traveling the first year. It's something I'm not used to. I didn't want to leave my Mijoo home alone for days, sometimes weeks, at a time. But as time went along, I started to not mind as much because I was too focused on work I often became stressed and took most of it out on her (plus I knew she was going to be safe, don't worry). She didn't deserve that. No one did. I feel especially bad because she always tried her best to hold back because she knew what I was going through. The fact that she planned all of this for me-- I didn't know what to say or do. She yelled surprise, and I was speechless.

"Hello?? Yeobo? Are you okay? I mean..if you don't like it then I'm sorry, we can just--" Was all I heard, but couldn't answer. I set my luggage down and pulled her into an embrace cutting her off before she could continue that last sentence. I started to tear up but only a little, I swear! 

I could hear Mijoo's amused laughter coinciding with my thoughts and disrupting them. "So I take it that you like it??" She said amusingly. I pulled back and left my hands on her shoulders.

"I love it. Just like how I love you."

 

Mijoo's POV

If that didn't make my heart skip beats, then I don't know what else will. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him, feeling our grins through this kiss as we shared a long awaited, happy moment...finally.

•••

I didn't want Mark to see his family just yet. I know that sounds wrong, but trust me on this one. I wanted to build anticipation and suspense so that when he finally gets to see them, it'll be more impactful! We checked into our hotel room and loaded our stuff in before lying on the bed snuggling up under the covers. We stayed in bed for a while just talking about this trip and planning where to go next, basically relaxing and enjoying the comforting feeling of being with each other. Honestly, it feels so nice to get away from our city we know, and love, but sometimes get sick of. Andong was a perfect vacation spot. Not only do we have family here...well not only does Mark have family here (my sister moved to Busan with her fiancé when I moved to college and my aunt moved further north in Andong in the countryside managing her own business), but it's a cute place when you just wanted an escape.

After a while of lying down, we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter