Four

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn't expect Mark to take notice of these little things. My heart fluttered a bit at the thought of how observant he was, but it was also beating so fast because I couldn't help but think he was mad, or disappointed. I was getting a little anxious..or a lot anxious.

"Hm? What's up Mijoo?"

Mark held his hand gently under my chin and spoke in such a gentle tone with the most gentle eyes. Everything he was doing right now was just so...gentle! Ugh, this little really knew how to make me feel things. I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't get myself to look him in the eyes, so I avoided them by ducking he head down again.

"Mijoo-ah, look at me..please."

I gave in and lifted my head up, but once I made eye contact with him, I lost it. I started to feel tears threatening to spill out of my tired eyes. Not sure if it was me or the hormones, but I was definitely emotional for some reason. I heard Mark sigh and pull me into a warm, very much needed, embrace. He hushed and whispered sweet compliments such as, "it's okay -- you're fine -- stay calm," etc. into my ear.

I broke our embrace and wiped my cheeks erasing the obvious, emotional evidence from my face. I gave a big smile before announcing, "surprise," in the most exciting tone I could bear out.

He shot his million dollar smile and shook his head at my weak comment then poked my forehead.

"Ya, Lee Mijoo. How long did you think you could keep this a secret from me?" He asked grabbing hold of my hands and swinging them slightly from side to side like how you'd see a teenage couple do in their honeymoon stage.

"Well, Mark Tuan, it was supposed to be part 2 of your surprise." I replied as a matter of fact. His face suddenly became blank. His expression changed so quick.

"So...we didn't use a that night? I thought--"

"No, you didn't think actually. You were too caught up with yourself and got too excited, remember?"

 

*flashback*
Warning: It gets a little steamy and suggestive here lol

It was a pretty rainy day and the couple was under a great deal of stress. Mijoo was a pediatric nurse at a local hospital. She couldn't get over how sad she was feeling because of a patient she had gotten earlier in the day who had just been given the news that she is at a potential risk for another disease. Even after years of being in this field, she still couldn't get used to breaking the news. Mark, on the other hand, was given yet another project overseas in Japan which meant more time away from home.

Mark picked Mijoo up on his way home from work. She ran out of the building with nothing but her uniform on and her bag around her torso as she ran to Mark's car a couple yards away. Finally arriving to his car, she hoped in shivering and crossed her arms around her chest after putting her seatbelt on. Mark never took his eyes off of his girlfriend. Not only was she stunning, she was soaking wet...in a white uniform..great. This was just not his day; first he found out today that he had to go to Japan tomorrow, and now his will power is being tested.

Mijoo's shirt was wet and her crossing her arms over her chest only accentuated the size of her s more. Mark looked away before he started having dirtier thoughts and began to drive off.

"How was work? Are you okay?" Mark asked trying to distract his mind.

"It wasn't fun. Another little girl just got diagnosed with a disease they think might not be curable," Mijoo explained resting one arm on her lap and one arm bent resting on the window sill with her head being supported by her hand. 

"It's okay, babe. I'm sure there's something you guys can do. Don't you guys make dreams come true. I mean, you made mine come true," Mark replied.

"And what's that?"

"You agreed to be my girlfriend," Mark said cheesing. This super terrible, cheesy line made Mijoo cheer up a bit and laugh. She took her free hand and gave him a playful slap on his arm.

"Ow, is this how you're going to treat me before I go to Japan for 5 days?"

"Bwo?! Again? Weren't you there just a couple weeks ago?"

"Yeah, but they want me to renew a contract with the CEO of our company and our other business partner there. Sorry sweetheart, your boyfriend is just so successful and adm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter