My Best Friends Were Taken Away From Me

My Twins (Hiatus)

It was the first day of school, I was colouring my butterfly. The teacher went out to talk to another teacher. It was just peaceful in my own little world.

"Yah! Ji Eun! You colour so ugly! No wonder! You're ugly as well!"  the other kids laughed

"So?! Does it do anything to you?" one of the boys smirked.

"Well, from now on, everything you do bothers me" he laughed.

"Get her" he told the other kids.

The kids came running to me with crayons and paint. They scribbled my drawing at first, but then it went to my face. They drew and painted my face. Then it got to my hair. Then my school uniform.

"YAH!" Kikwang came and pulled everyone away from me. U-kwon threw the paint brushes and crayons on the floor. He stepped on it to make sure it broke.

"Stop bothering her!" U-kwon yelled.

"So what are you going to do about it?" the boys cracked up a laugh.

"Tell me what you're going to do. Punch me? Go ahead" he held out his arm.

Kikwang gripped his fist and it went to the boy's face. U-kwon came to him and kicked him to the floor. The boy cupped his bruised cheek and started to cry.

"Are you okay, Ji Eun?" Kikwang patted my back and I nodded.

"Don't worry, we'll protect you. And we'll make sure one day later, you'll become beautiful as a swan!" U-kwon promised.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" the teacher came in with her arms folded.

"Why is Bae crying?" she came over to him.

"Who punched him?!" the teacher questioned and the kids pointed to Kikwang and U-kwon.

She glared at them, "You both come with me" they followed her out of class.

We had been best friends since birth. Ever since they saw me got hurt like that, they had protected me. Every fight, they face it for me. I was so grateful to have best friend like them. They loved me like I was their own sister.

___________

It was at the playground when it happened. We were playing hide and seek. Laughing and smiling.

"1...2.....3.......4.......5....6......" I started counting.

I could hear the boys giggling of looking for a place to hide. It had put a gentle smile on my face.

"......7........8......9" I continued.

I couldn't hear them giggle anymore. Thinking it was just because if they laugh, I could find them.

"...10! Ready or not, here I come!!" I yelled.

I looked all around the park. Behind the trees, around the playground, everywhere. But there was no sight of them. 

"Okay guys. You can come out now. I give up" I blinked thinking that they would really come out.

"Come on, Ji Eun. It's getting dark" I frowned when my father pulled me away. But where'd they gone to?

 

He took me in the car and drove off.

"Appa, I couldn't find the twins" he kept quite.

"Appa...we were playing hide and seek. And I couldn't find them.." I innocently said. He turned to me and smile.

"They had to go somewhere"

"But...where? Why didn't they tell me?" I pouted.

He kept quite, "Appa!" 

"Lee Ji Eun! Don't raise your voice at your father!" he yelled in the car so loud that it made me sink in my seat.

My eyes started to tear, "Their father took them somewhere" he spoke.

"Why..?" he didn't bother to tell me until we got home.

_____

"Lee Ji Eun! Sleep now, or you won't be able to wake up for school tomorrow!" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Nae, omma!" I replied and got under my covers.

I shut my eyes and wondered where they possibly gone to. Probably they went home.

That's the place in my mind that I could only think of. Their father wouldn't bring them far far away right? If yes, why?

Someone opened the door to my room, "Ji Eun-ah" he came over to me.

"About the twins, I can't actually tell you. Until you get older..." he said it like he regretted not telling me.

I nodded since I don't want to argue with my dad.

He kissed my forehead and went out of the room.