A Spooky Surprise!

Our Perfectly Imperfect Family

a/n:

It's a halloween update!!!! The boys are the same ages as they have been for the past couple of chpaters. 

How about that more freuent updates, yes?

please enjoy!

 

-

 

It was Halloween time in the Kim household, and excitement was sweeping through the air.  The boys eagerly discussed costumes and candy, tricks and treats.  They were counting down the days until October 31st would arrive. 

 

Especially the biggest kid of all, Namjoon.

 

Halloween was his favorite time of year, and he loved spending it with his family, getting everyone dressed up in costumes to go trick-or-treating.  Seokjin loved how excited he always got, and how excited it made the boys, especially when it came to picking out costumes.

 

That’s why Seokjin decided it would be fun, while the boys were at school, to lay out materials, like sheets, felt, markers, scissors, and stickers, as well as fun props, all in the living room floor so the boys could make their own costumes.

 

When the boys came home from school, they were amazed to see all the costume supplies laid out in the floor.

 

“Woah, Daddy Jin, what’s all this?” Hoseok asked in amazement.

 

“I decided that it would be fun for you all to make your own costumes this year, so I found sheets and stickers and other fun things,” Seokjin beamed as Jimin went straight for the page of firetruck stickers.

 

“This is so cool! I’m gonna dress like a toilet-fixer guy! I love those guys,” Hoseok nodded and dove for a piece of felt.

 

Seokjin just smiled and shook his head.  “You can make whatever you want to make, boys.  Be what you want to be.”

 

All five boys nodded excitedly and started to work on their costumes.

 

Jimin had quickly grabbed a sheet and had cut two roundish holes- with Seokjin’s supervision- right in the middle of the sheet.  He stuck a few star-shaped stickers onto the sheet before slipping it over his head.  He started to walk around, making ghost noises to scare his brothers, before bumping right into a wall and falling down flat on his back.

 

“Jimin, are you okay?” Seokjin jumped up from where he was glitter gluing designs on Yoongi’s hat, rushing over to help his son.

 

“Daddy Jin, I can’t see,” Jimin spoke, sitting up and rubbing his head.  “How am I supposed to be a ghost if I can’t see?”

 

“It might help if we cut the eyeholes in front of your eyes,” Seokjin chuckled softly.  “Come on, I’ll help,” he said, and then helped Jimin over to where the scissors were, cutting two perfect eyeholes in front of his eyes so he could see.

 

The boys worked quietly for a while.  Yoongi was gluing feathers to a hat, Jimin was still making ghost sounds, Hoseok was making suspenders out of cloth, Jeongguk was rolling around in a pile of yarn, and Taehyung was sitting stoically staring at everyone, a fake moustache plastered across his face.  Curious, Seokjin walked over to him.

 

“Taehyung, what is your costume?” he asked the young boy.

 

“I’m not Taehyung, I’m a man in disguise,” Taehyung said defiantly.

 

“It’s a very good disguise,” Seokjin nodded.

 

“But you saw right through me,” the boy pouted.

 

“Hold on, we can fix that,” Seokjin smiled and grabbed an old pair of glasses from the floor, poking the lenses out before sliding them onto his face.  “There, now you’re for sure a man in disguise.”

 

Taehyung beamed before going over to sit by Yoongi and Hoseok.

 

“Woah, who are you?” Hoseok asked him, looking at him with a startled face.

 

“I’m a man in disguise,” Taehyung grinned.

 

“Nice,” Yoongi grinned before cutting bat wings out of carboard.

 

Taehyung continued to walk around, being sneaky in his moustache and glasses.  He sat down next to Jeongguk, forcing the young boy to take a break from rolling around in his yarn.

 

The youngest boy studied Taehyung for a moment, attempting to tap his chin in thought, but the yarn wrapped around his little arms was getting in the way.  After moment of observing his brother, he tried to reach out to poke his face, but settled on leaning forward and nudging him in the shoulder with his head instead.

 

“Handsome,” the youngest boy spoke his approval, pulling away his in order to return to his yarn. 

 

The other boys watched in stunned silence at the exchange and the way that Taehyung stood up, walked away, and sat on the couch, completely satisfied with his costume after receiving Jeongguk’s approval.

 

Seokjin also watched on as Jeongguk happily played with his multi-colored balls of yarn, oblivious to everything. Seokjin made a mental note to just how powerful his five-year-old son was over his brothers, and also made a mental note to make sure that the boy never found out just how powerful he was.

 

-

 

Later on, in the evening, Namjoon slipped into the house, tired after a long day of work.  Seokjin was there to greet him at the front door with a big smile, helping him take off his coat and hang it on the chair.  Once he was fully de-coated, Namjoon collapsed into Seokjin’s arms, sighing heavily.

 

“Long day?” Seokjin asked gently, rubbing small circles into the younger man’s back with his hands.

 

“Yeah,” Namjoon nodded, nuzzling into Seokjin.  “We got new trainees today with terrible attitudes, and the main dancer in the boy group that’s supposed to debut officially next week broke his leg his morning, so we had to argue with the company for hours just to convince them to push the debut back,” he shook his head gently, leaning his weight fully on his life-partner.

 

“Wow, that does sound like a long day,” Seokjin said soothingly, expertly maneuvering him down into a kitchen chair, his expert fingers already massaging and working at Namjoon’s tense shoulders.  “Is he okay, the boy with the broken leg?”

 

“He should recover in two months.  I hope,” Namjoon said, rolling his head forward and groaning softly.  “How are you so good at this?”

 

“What do you mean, ‘how’? You know I’ve always been good with my hands,” Seokjin smirked as he worked Namjoon’s muscles, causing the younger man to chuckle softly.

 

“That I do,” he smiled, leaning into Seokjin’s touch.

 

Seokjin leaned down to peck Namjoon on the cheek before going back to kneading his back and shoulders.  This continued for a few minutes before it dawned on Seokjin that there were five boys in the living room becoming increasingly more impatient.

 

“Babe,” Seokjin said, leaning down to whisper in the younger man’s ear. “I have a surprise for you.”

 

Namjoon snapped his head around quickly, turning to look at the man behind him.  “Are you finally gonna wear that lingerie I bought you?”

 

“What? No- the kids are here,” Seokjin shook his head.  “Just, come with me.  It’s a spooky surprise,” he grinned, taking Namjoon’s hand and helping him stand, before turning him around and shielding his eyes with his hands, pushing him toward the living room.

 

When they reached the living room, Seokjin removed his hands and Namjoon took in the full sight of his boys dressed in their own homemade costumes.  Each boy grinned brightly up at him, shouting in unison, “Happy Halloween, Daddy Joon!”

 

Namjoon sank down to his knees to wrap the boys into a group hug, pulling them all tightly into himself.  “You guys look amazing!” He pulled away from the hug, sitting back on his knees and grinning.  “I think this calls for a fashion show.”

 

The boys jumped excitedly at the news, scrambling to get in a line for a makeshift catwalk, all except Yoongi, who sashayed to the back of the line like he owned the place. 

 

Seokjin and Namjoon sat on the couch, clapping out a sassy beat for their sons to walk out to so they could model their costumes. 

 

Jimin was up first, bumbling down the “catwalk” towards his fathers, out spooky ghost noises.

 

“I’m guessing you’re a ghost,” Namjoon smiled, and Jimin nodded excitedly before floating back to the back of the line, leaning on Yoongi and trying to trap him inside of his ghostly sheet.

 

Next up was Hoseok, who was dressed with a big hat and yarn suspenders, holding a plunger in his right hand.

 

“Where did you get that plunger?” Seokjin asked with mild panic in his voice at the thought of all the germs on the bathroom tool.

 

“Relax, Daddy Jin.  I’m a toilet fixer guy, I need the plunger,” Hoseok provided a loose explanation, waving his arm as he strutted away, causing Seokjin to wear a look of horror while Namjoon just shrugged.

 

Taehyung came on next, walking slowly and sneakily down the runway, glancing suspiciously at Namjoon before turning around and walking back up, turning his head to look behind him the whole time. 

 

“He’s a man in disguise,” Seokjin whispered as Namjoon watched on, a bit concerned about the suspicious looks.

 

Next up was Jeongguk, wriggling down the runway wrapped in his yarn of many different colors like blue, green, pink, and yellow, hopping a bit because walking was proving to be difficult.

 

Namjoon watched his youngest son, opening his mouth a few times to say something, finding that no words were coming out.  “I’m lost on this one, son,” he held his hands up in the air.

 

Jeongguk stopped struggling long enough to look at his father with pure disappointment since he couldn’t figure out his ‘obvious’ costume. “I’m a mummy, Daddy Joon,” he said, trying his best to shake his head before sadly turning and hopping back to the end of the line.

 

Namjoon watched on as he left, turning to look at Seokjin.  “I feel like I just let him down.”  Seokjin offered him a sympathetic look, patting his thigh gently.

 

Yoongi cleared his throat in order to interrupt their moment before he burst down the catwalk, sashaying and sassily stepping the whole way.  He was dressed in a cowboy hat with feathers glued onto it, a white toy doctor’s coat complete with a toy stethoscope, and finally, a pair of bat wings that he had cut out and painted himself and stapled to the coat with help from Seokjin.  He reached the end of the catwalk, stopped in front of the catwalk, snapping his fingers before placing his hands on his hips.  “I’m a cowboy doctor bat,” he said before either father could ask.

 

“Well, that’s certainly creative,” Namjoon nodded, holding a thumbs up in approval.

 

“I know,” Yoongi smirked, and he strutted right back up to join his brothers.

 

Namjoon turned to look at Seokjin, and then their boys, and then back at Seokjin.  “We have the greatest kids ever.”

 

“I know,” Seokjin smirked, and then he stood and strutted right back to join his sons and help them shed their costumes and put them away safely.

 

 

-

 

After each costume was put away and all the yarn had been removed from Jeongguk, Namjoon picked up the phone and ordered a pizza as everyone was just too tired to even attempt to pick up a pan and make dinner. 

 

As they waited for the pizza, they all sat in the living room floor, playing a rousing game of “Go Fish”. Yoongi was leading with three pairs, Jimin, Hoseok, and Taehyung all had two pairs, Seokjin and Jeongguk had one pair each, and Namjoon had zero pairs.

 

“Hey, Jimin, got any sevens?” Namjoon asked, desperate for anything at this point.

 

“Nope,” Jimin giggled.  “Go fish.”

 

“Aghghghgh,” Namjoon made a garbled sound of defeat as Hoseok took his turn.

 

“Hey, Daddy Joon,” he began, smiling mischievously.

 

“Don’t you dare,” Namjoon warned.

 

“Got any sevens?” Hoseok grinned, and Namjoon hung his head before reluctantly handing his son his only seven.

 

“I came here to have fun, and honestly I feel so attacked right now,” he shook his head as his boys giggled, hearing the doorbell ring, signaling his excuse to escape.

 

“Doorbell? Is that the pizza? Taehyung asked, and all the cards flew around the room as excited shouts of ‘Pizza!’ rang throughout the air.

 

Namjoon chuckled and stood up, fishing his wallet out of his pocket as he walked to the front door, followed by two of his sons clinging close to him so they could help him carry the food in.

 

He opened the door for the pizza boy, taking the pizzas and handing the boy money in exchange.  He handed one box to Yoongi and one box to Jeongguk as the pizza boy bent down to talk to Jeongguk.

 

“You’re a very cute.  Your mommy must be very pretty,” the pizza boy smiled.

 

Jeongguk scrunched up his nose before interjecting, “But I don’t have a mommy.  I have two daddies!”

 

Namjoon looked at the pizza boy with wide eyes before trying to find words to explain the situation.

 

“Well, your daddy must be very handsome then,” the pizza boy said, winking knowingly at Namjoon.

 

“He is!” Jeongguk giggled, and Namjoon thanked the pizza boy before closing the door and ushering the boys into the house.

 

They were quickly surrounded as soon as they placed the boxes on the counter, hands ripping into the boxes at lightening speeds, grabbing two slices apiece and heading into the living room to eat.

 

-

 

After each boy had gotten his belly full and had a bath, he was put into his pajamas and had been tucked in for bed.  They had had a big day full of school and homemade costumes and pizza, so they didn’t argue as their fathers put them to bed, which was very rare.

 

Seokjin and Namjoon headed off to bed themselves, also very tired from the day.  Namjoon half-heartedly removed his pants, barely kicking them off and into the floor before collapsing into the bed.

 

“Seokjiiiin, I’m tired,’ he whined as Seokjin joined him in bed.

 

“Then close your eyes and sleep.  I’m tired, too,” he rolled his eyes and rolled over to Namjoon, wrapping his legs around him and getting comfortable.

 

“Are you trying to seduce me?” Namjoon asked, his eyes already closed but his voice hopeful.

 

“No,” Seokjin said sleepily.

 

“Are you sure?” Namjoon slurred.

 

“Tomorrow,” Seokjin said.

 

“What?” Namjoon asked, confused.

 

“Tomorrow.  It’s the weekend, the boys are going to my mother’s.  I’ll wear the lingerie,” Seokjin smiled a sleepy smile, attempting to be the big spoon until Namjoon turned around with wide eyes.

 

“You mean it?” he asked, like a very sleepy kid on Christmas morning.

 

“Yes, I mean it,” Seokjin smiled.  “Now sleep.”

 

“Yes, sir,” Namjoon winked, pecking Seokjin’s before turning back around, the two of them falling asleep quickly, tangled in a pile of limbs, completely content.