Hot Chocolate

Our Perfectly Imperfect Family

a/n

I don't think I specified in this chapter, but this takes place a little bit in the future from the last chapter, so the boys are a little bit older. Yoongi is around 7, Hoseok is 6, the twins are about 4, almost 5, and Jeongguk is 2.

Please enjoy-

Chapter Text

"Get up."

Namjoon was startled awake by Yoongi sitting on his chest, the young boy's face inches away from his own.

"Good morning to you, too," Namjoon attemtped to blink the sleep out of his eyes.

"It snowed last night," Yoongi informed.

"And?" Namjoon asked.

"And the whole outside is covered in snow and it looks fluffy and I want to play in it," Yoongi said matter-of-factly.

"Aren't you a little too old to be sitting on my chest like this?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't think so. When can we go play?" Yoogi asked, trying not to bounce from all his excitement.

"We'll go outside after breakfast. Are your brothers awake yet?" Namjoon asked.

"No. I had to pee and I looked outside the window and saw the snow and then I came to tell you and I still haven't gone to pee," Yoongi said as if he just realized that he forgot to pee.

"You should probably go pee then. And when you come back, you can help me wake everyone up," Namjoon winked, and Yoongi's eyes lit up before he nodded and then ran towards the bathroom.

Yoongi came back in record time and jumped right back into bed with his dads, Seokjin still sleeping peacefully.

"Are we going to wake everyone up now?" Yoongi asked excitedly, beginning to become a little impatient.

"Yep," Namjoon nodded, and then he grinned that dimply-dad grin.

"Who first?" Yoongi asked.

"Daddy Jin," Namjoon nodded.

"Tickle attack?" Yoongi asked.

"Tickle attack," Namjoon agreed, and then they both launched onto Seokjin, tickling him awake.

"Why?" Seokjin whined, his eyes closed tightly.

"Because it snowed last night," Yoongi and Namjoon answered in unison.

"The snow will still be there later. Let me sleep," Seokjin huffed.

"But we have to wake everyone up so we can eat breakfast and THEN WE CAN PLAY IN THE SNOW," Yoongi yelled a little at the end, unable to hold his excitement.

"Inside voice, young man," Seokjin scolded, and Yoongi pouted.

"Please, Daddy?" he asked, using his best puppy dog eyes.

Seokjin tried to hold in his resolve and his will to go back to sleep, but he was weak.

"Let's go wake everyone up so we can play in the snow," Seokjin smiled, and Yoongi and Namjoon broke into joyful cheers.

-

After breakfast, five very excited boys were all snug in their winter clothes to go out to play in the snow.

Or, at least, they were supposed to be.

"Taehyung, come here so we can get your boots on you," Namjoon beckoned the boy, who was pulling on Jimin's hat instead of putting on his boots.

"Hoseok, you can't run around this house without pants on and expect to go outside," Seokjin scolded, trying to catch a pantsless Hoseok, who was running around the living room.

"Daddy, snow," Jeongguk, all dressed up in three layers of warm clothes, cooed, wrapped around Namjoon's leg while Namjoon tried (tried being the key word here) to get Taehyung's boots on him.

"I know, buddy. Snow. We can go as soon as Taehyung puts his boots on and Hoseok stops running away from pants," Namjoon promised his youngest son.

"Tae, boots," Jeongguk said, and Taehyung stopped struggling and let Namjoon put his boots on. Namjoon thanked his lucky stars for Jeongguk, because Taehyung would do anything and everything the youngest boy asked.

"Finally!" Seokjin exclaimed from across the room, and Namjoon looked over to see a triumphant Seokjin standing with a displeased, pants-wearing Hoseok.

"Real men don't wear pants," Hoseok pouted.

"Then I must be a fake man," Seokjin said, and he zipped up Hoseok's jacket.

"Is everybody ready now?" Yoongi asked impatiently, looking around to see his brothers dressed in thick layers.

"Daddy Joon and I still have to put on our layers," Seokjin said.

Yoongi sighed deep and heavy as Namjoon attempted to walk to their bedroom to grab clothes for them both to wear while Jeongguk was still clinging to his leg.

Namjoon returned quickly with an armfull of clothes and threw two pairs of sweatpants at Seokjin for him to wear over the pair of sweatpants he was already wearing. He himself was trying to get his coat zipped over a sweater and two sweatshirts, while Seokjin did the same.

"Now are we ready?" Yoongi asked, his voice slightly muffled from the scarf Seokjin made him wear (against his will).

"I'd say so," Namjoon said, pulling Seokjin's hat down around his ears.

"Yay!" came a chorus of voices, followed by sloppy running towards towards the front door.

Seokjin and Namjoon exchanged glances before following their kids towards door and towards the snow.

-

"Cold. Don't like," Jeongguk said the second they stepped outside.

"Come on, Jeongguk. Snow is fun!" Yoongi said, holding out a hand to him, which he took. The older boys dragged him through the snow while he looked at it in awe.

"Jeongguk, come do snow angels with us!" Jimin giggled as he and Taehyung lied down in the snow, swooshing out their arms and legs to make angel shapes in the snow.

"Why?' Jeongguk asked.

"Because it's fun," Taehyung said, and Jeongguk shrugged before falling into the snow and swooshing his own arms and legs around in the snow just like his brothers.

"Hey, Taehyung, watch out!" Hoseok yelled as he flung a snowball at Taehyung's face.

"Rude!" Taehyung yelled back, and Jeongguk giggled and clapped his hands.

"Want to play, too!" Jeongguk exclaimed before picking up a puny amount of snow, mushing it around in his mittens to make it into a ball, and then he rared back to throw it, only to have it go crashing to the ground in front of his feet.

"Wait, Jeongguk, I'll help you," Taehyung promised, standing to his feet to help his baby brother, who was looking at his sad snowball with tears in his eyes.

Jeongguk sniffled and nodded, and together he and Taehyung, and with a little help from Jimin, packed snow into the perfect snowball before throwing it at Hoseok and Yoongi, who retaliated with a snowball of their own.

"Snowball fight!" Jimin exclaimed, and it was on. Snowballs suddenly came from everywhere. Taehyung ran straight in the line of fire towards his fathers, grabbed Seokjin's hand, and pulled him towards the little fort he, Jimin, and Jeongguk had managed to build in the middle of the fight.

"Hey! No fair! Daddy Joon, come help us!" Yoongi yelled, and Namjoon ran over to join his sons (even though his main objective was to attack Seokjin with snowballs, don't tell anyone).

Seokjin helped the boys make a huge snowball and helped them throw it at Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon.

"Take that!" Yoongi said before they threw snowball after snowball at the other boys in retaliation.

"Wow, that was a lot of snowballs," Seokjin siad.

"Yeah. It had to be at least, like, five, " Taehyung said.

"I think it was more than five," Seokjin laughed.

"Yeah, it was more like ten, maybe eleven," Jimin said, and Taehyung nodded.

Seokjin just shook his head before he threw another snowball at his husband.

-

After a while, it was time to go in because the boys all had rosy cheeks and red rudolph noses, and it was just too cold to stay outside. As soon as they stepped into the warm house, clothing was shrugged off and onto the floor, Hoseok completely in seconds, with his brothers soon following.

"Why are you all just standing there without clothes on," Seokjin said more than asked, just looking dumbfounded at his five sons. They never failed to throw new surprises at him every day.

"We're getting warm," Yoongi answered.

"Wouldn't clothes help with that?" Namjoon asked.

"A warm bath would," Hoseok grinned, and Seokjin smilled.

"How am I going to fit five boys into a bathtub?" Seokjin asked.

"That sounds like some of the stuff you and I were involved in back in college," Namjoon commented, a hint of suggestiveness in his voice.

"Hush," Seokjin scolded, and Namjoon laughed.

"We can all squeeze into the tub!" Jimin said and the boys all nodded.

"That sounds like some stuff we did in college, too," Namjoon said, and Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"Let's go take a bath, boys," he said before he and Namjoon ushered the boys into the bathroom.

-

After bathtime, when everyone was all snuggled in their pajamas and little blankets with hoods sewn in, courtesy of Seokjin, the boys sat in the floor, gathered around Seokjin while he read a story.

"'And then the handsome prince came to the princess's castle riding on a white horse to save her from her evil step-mother'," Seokjin read.

"Daddy Jin, why is it a prince saving the princess? Why not a prince saving a prince? Or a princess saving a princess?" Hoseok asked.

"That's just how this story was written, baby," Seokjin answered, honestly surprised by the profoundness of the question.

"Is every story written that way?" Yoongi asked.

"Not every story," Seokjin said.

"Then what stories have a prince and a prince or a princess and a princess?" Jimin asked.

Seokjin thought about it for a minute before closing the book he was reading and answering with, "Once upon a time, there was this prince named Seokjin. And Seokjin spent a lot of time in this little cafe fighting against the evils of homework and exams. One day, when the evil was winning, another prince rode up to the cafe on his white bicycle and he came into the cafe, and he saw Seokjin struggling with those horrible evils, and he walked over to him and rescued him by buying him a coffee and letting him take a nap on his shoulder in the middle of the cafe.

"After that, Seokjin woke up and thanked the other prince so much for helping him and asked for his phone number and his name, and the prince gave it to him and told him his name was Namjoon. Namjoon and Seokjin continued to meet up at the cafe to fight evil, falling in love as the days went passed, until they graduated college, where Namjoon asked Seokjin to marry him and live happily ever after. The end."

The boys stared at Seokjin in stunned silence for a minute until one of them spoke up.

"Wait, wait, wait. Did Seokjin and Namjoon really live happily ever after?" Hoseok asked.

"They did. They had a wedding and invited all their prince and princess friends and now Seokjin and Namjoon have fiv beautiful children that they love very, very much," Seokjin answered him.

"That was a really good story," Yoongi said.

'Wait, wait, wait. Daddy Jin, isn't your name Seokjin?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes," Seokjin answered.

"And Daddy Joon's name is Namjoon?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes," Seokjin repeated.

The boys stared at him for a moment, thinking about it, before it all clicked in their heads.

"You two have the same names as characters in a fairy tale! You're famous!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"That's so cool," Yoongi grinned.

So maybe it didn't click.

Namjoon chose that moment to emerge from the kitchen with a tray full of little mugs of hot chocolate with marshmallows, with two big mugs for Seokjin and himself. He passed each boy their mug, and then sat down next to Seokjin, handing him his mug and kissing his cheek.

"Nice fairytale," he grinned.

"It was based off a true story," Seokjin said, and he smiled at Namjoon.ly now?"

"Oh really, now?" Namjoon asked, one eyebrow cocked.

Seokjin winked and snuggled in closer to Namjoon while they watched as the kids drank their hot chocolate (and the twins threw marshmallows at each other), and closed his eyes in satisfaction as they closed the chapter of another perfect day.