Fun With Leaves!

Our Perfectly Imperfect Family

a/n:

i'm sorry i'm so at updating, but here's the newest chapter, with the boys being the same ages from last chapter. enjoy!

 

It was a lazy Sunday morning in the Kim household.  Soft snores could be heard throughout the house as every boy (and big boy, in Namjoon and Seokjin’s case) was sound asleep.  The birds chirped softly from the outside, and that combined with the gentle sunlight shining through the window was enough to wake Seokjin from his slumber.  He stretched his tired arms with a smile on his face and glanced over at a sleeping, drooling Namjoon, and he chuckled softly.

 

“What a dweeb,” he shook his head and draped himself across Namjoon’s body, shaking him roughly and breathing in his face.

 

“Why,” Namjoon whined, attempting to roll away from Seokjin and hide his face in the blankets.

 

“Because, I want you to get up with me, silly.  We can go make breakfast while the boys are still asleep,” Seokjin smiled, already too chipper for his better half’s liking.

 

Namjoon groaned and rolled back over before sitting up, stretching and scratching his stomach, yawning.  “Fine, I can’t win against you,” he shook his head and stood up out of bed, stretching some more.

 

Seokjin just grinned and stood as well, already yanking Namjoon’s arm to lead him towards the kitchen.  “I know.”

 

-

 

The boys slowly woke up one by one to the smell of bacon sizzling and eggs being scrambled.  Hoseok was the first boy to stumble into the kitchen, rubbing his tired eyes and taking a seat at the table.

 

“Hoseok, do you want to set the table while we finish cooking?” Seokjin asked his second eldest son, who nodded his head, his shaggy hair flopping around his head.  He got out all the plates, big boy plates for himself, Yoongi, and his fathers, and ZooPals for his three youngest brothers.  He set out the silverware next, being sure to save the coveted Spiderman fork for himself.  While he was setting the table, he took the opportunity to look outside the window. 

 

“Hey, Dads, look out the window,” he said, pointing out the window as his fathers shuffled over to see what he was pointing at.

 

“Well, I know what we’re going to do today,” Namjoon grinned, and Seokjin nodded. 

 

“Not much else you can do, when your yard is covered in autumn leaves,” Seokjin smiled, and he was right.  Their yard was covered in leaves, fresh fallen during the autumn season, and perfect for playing in. 

 

Jeongguk trudged in next, curious as to why his dads and one of his brothers were crowded around the window. 

 

“What’s going on?” the youngest asked, his sleepy voice squeaking with each word.

 

“Come here, Jeongguk, come look,” Namjoon smiled, and he scooped the young boy into his arms so he could look out the window, too.

 

“Woah,” Jeongguk said, impressed.  “There’s like, ten whole leaves out there!”

 

“I think it’s a lot more than ten, buddy,” Namjoon grinned and he put the smallest boy back on the floor, who ran back into the hallway to go wake up his other brothers. 

 

“Leave it to Jeongguk, out little alarm clock,” Seokjin chuckled as the youngest boy’s shouts could be heard alongside his brothers’ tired grumbles of protest.

 

The rest of the boys filed in slowly, just as breakfast was being taken off the stove and put on the table.

 

Yoongi sat down at his place at the table, frowning as he looked at his silverware.  “Aw, man, Hoseok.  You got the Spiderman fork.”

 

“The early bird gets the cool fork,” Hoseok grinned, savoring his rare victory over his older brother. 

 

The twins came in and sat down at their respective places at the table, Taehyung next to Jeongguk and Jimin wedged between Yoongi and Hoseok.  Jimin looked down at his plate and grinned.  He turned his head and snuck a quick peck onto Hoseok’s cheek before the older boy could realize what was going on.

 

“Hey, what was that for?” Hoseok asked, attempting to wipe the Jimin cooties off his cheek.

 

“Because you gave me the plate shaped like the penguin, and that’s my favorite,” Jimin giggled.

 

“You just got lucky,” Hoseok rolled his eyes, but he knew he gave his brother the penguin plate on purpose. 

 

Seokjin and Namjoon joined them at the table then, beginning to scoop food onto each boy’s plate, which ended all conversation as every mouth was full of food.

 

-

 

After breakfast, each boy was dressed in their light autumn jackets and their “yard work” jeans, each of them nearly bouncing with excitement. 

 

“Do we get to jump in the leaves?” Taehyung asked for the fifth time.

 

“Yes, after we rake them into big piles.  Now do we remember our raking teams?” Seokjin said, and the boys nodded before forming into their teams, which consisted of Jeongguk and Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok, and Jimin would be on Seokjin and Namjoon’s team. 

 

“Alright, let’s go!” Namjoon exclaimed, and he opened the front door, and all five boys rushed out.

 

Each boy was armed with a rake, and they set out to work.  Yoongi proved to be a good worker, raking piles quickly.  Jeongguk proved to be more or less nerve-wracking, as Yoongi had to constantly reprimand him.

 

“Jeongguk, if I have to tell you one more time not to jump into the leaves until we’re done raking, then I will hit you,” Yoongi threatened.

 

“No, we do not hit in the house,” Seokjin called, and Jeongguk flashed Yoongi a cheeky grin.

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes and pulled Jeongguk in real close, whispering to him menacingly.  “Fine, if I can’t hit you, then I’ll just drop a worm inside your mouth when you’re sleeping, and then tape your mouth shut, so stop trying to jump in the leaves.  And if you tattle, I’ll definitely do it.”

 

Jeongguk stared at Yoongi, his eyes full of fear before he went back to raking, and Yoongi simply grinned because he knew he had won.

 

 

Taehyung and Hoseok worked well together.  They had managed to make a few fairly large piles of leaves, and did not argue with each other, opting to give each other high fives instead.  Jimin, despite being on his fathers’ team, decided to move around from team to team and help everyone, though he did more talking than helping.

 

After a few hours of work, the family managed to have all the leaves raked into a pile.  Yoongi wiped the sweat from his brow, and Taehyung did the same before asking, “Now can we jump in the leaves?”

 

“Yes, now,” Namjoon nodded, and all the boys ran, jumping into piles, laughing and squealing in delight.

 

Seokjin snapped pictures on his phone as the boys played.  He got pictures of Taehyung sprinkling leaves into Jeongguk’s hair, Jimin doing a flying leap and landing on Yoongi, and Hoseok tackling Namjoon into the biggest piles of leaves, laughing the whole way.

 

Once the boys had tired themselves out and the yard was decidedly destroyed and back to being covered in leaves, the boys were ushered back inside to get out of their itchy, leaf-filled clothes, and into the bath.

 

After their baths, or in Yoongi’s case, shower, each boy was snuggled into a blanket in the living room, playing as their dads made them sandwiches for lunch.  Jimin and Jeongguk solved a puzzle together, while Taehyung, Hoseok, and Yoongi were playing hide and seek, which Taehyung was winning because neither of the older boys could find him. 

 

“Boys, sandwiches!” Seokjin exclaimed as he brought a tray full of sandwiches and juice pouches into the living room.

 

“Yay! I’m hungry!” Taehyung shouted, peeking his head out from the toy box he had been hiding in.

 

“You were in there the whole time?” Yoongi asked in disbelief.

 

“Yep, right under Jimin’s teddy bears,” Taehyung nodded as he climbed out of the toy box and went straight for the sandwiches.

 

“They’re not just my teddy bears,” Jimin grumbled, his mouth full of sandwich.

 

“Yeah right,” Yoongi said, and stuffed his own mouth full of food.

 

Jimin opened his mouth to retaliate before deciding that the sandwich was way more important.

 

-

 

After lunch, the boys all snuggled into their beds for naps.  Yoongi kept trying to convince his parents that, as a nine-year-old, he was too old for naps, but his barely-open eyes said otherwise.

 

Seokjin and Namjoon went through their tuck in routine, tucking in each boy before kissing them good-nap.  After that was done, they settled on the couch together, tangled in a pile of SeokjinandNamjoon.

 

“Today was fun, playing with the boys in the leaves,” Namjoon smiled.

 

“Yeah, it was.  The yard is a wreck now, though,” Seokjin cringed.

 

“Yeah, we can clean it up again tomorrow while they’re all at school,” Namjoon shrugged, scratching his neck with his hand.

 

“Or, we could go play in them right now, while the boys are asleep?” Seokjin suggested.

 

Namjoon grinned, cocking his eyebrow. “I like the sound of that.  Race you there?”

 

“You’re on!” Seokjin shouted, and both men launched out the front door and straight into the leaves, playing just like two kids, perfectly imperfect in every way.