011

Duplicity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of Sohee's favourite memories of Nichkhun was when she saw his speech at the assembly after his team had placed first at a debate competition. She thought about joining the team and every year, every time the sign ups are posted, she'd stare at it a little too long without doing anything. "What are you looking at? This?" Jiyong asked when he caught her staring. She shook her head quickly, walking away a little too quickly but was pulled back by Jiyong who was moving closer to inspect the sign up sheet, "Debate?" he gave her a surprised look. "Wha... well..." Sohee started, feeling awkward all of a sudden, when Jiyong did the unthinkable and grabbed a pen to put her name on the sheet. "Hey!" she called out, trying to stop him, "What are you doing?" He succeeded in writing her name, grinning in satisfaction, and said, "Like Nike said, Sohee. Just do it." She wanted to punch him but her mind immediately started going 100 miles an hour at the implication of her name in that sign-up sheet.

By the time the scheduled meeting for the debate team rolled around, Sohee was already sweating in nerves. Her palms were wet and her steps were hesitant. What am I doing here? she thought to herself as she walked closer and closer to the Literature classroom that was the designated meeting place. She remembed Jiyong's annoying grin from this afternoon when he signed her up and she immediately exhaled. As much as she hates to admit it, Jiyong was right. She just needs to do it.

Walking in, she was greeted with half a dozen students who were chatting amongst themselves. They looked so comfortable and friendly with one another that Sohee was tempted to turn around and run. But before she could do that, a familiar face popped out from the side of the door with a gentle smile. "Hey! I saw your name and I was so excited!" Nichkhun greeted her. She couldn't help but to feel grateful to see him and seeing a familiar face made her fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter