Ch 002

Dreams of The Hopeless Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two Chapter Two

 

Hongbin sighed. It seems useless to fortify themselves with reasons. It will only make him look stupid.“I'm sorry to have been mistaken.” Having struggled to suppress a sense of his pride, eventually these words can be out as well. Jiyeon however, the girl in front of him just shrugged and took another rope that had fallen just now.

“Say something, please!” Hongbin growled. He doesn't expect at least Jiyeon's thanks for having care over her, but seeing the indifferent attitude as it makes him furious.

Jiyeon still doesn't answer, yet she was busy tying ropes instead. Seriously, Hongbin feels an eyesore once he look at knot was made by her. If it has to be assessed, her ability to tie was same as students of an elementary school. Because Hongbin can't bear to see it, he approached her and untied it. Then, he tied it back, of course, with right and tight knot.

“Thanks,” She just say it now. Hongbin turn around and face her, but end up having a strange vibe. Although Jiyeon's eyes are clear and pure, there is no light in her eyes. Usually, the eyes of every girl who looked at Hongbin closely like this will be seen sparkling, like a sky full of stars or something. But for this girl─Jiyeon─isn't working. The deeper he look into it, the darker in there until he could not see anything but gloomy, full of sorrow.

“Uhm ...” He hisses.”I have to leave, so bye!” Having said that, Hongbin walked away with both his hands tucked into his pockets. Well, at least he should still look cool in front of Jiyeon even he was cursed himself inwardly. Because of this ridiculous incident, the morning which is supposed to be beautiful turn out messed. Pity him.

.

♥♥♥♥♥

.

Kai get off from his black car, staring at the large mansion that set beyond the sidewalk, towering over Kai as if attempting to intimidate him. The cream coating of the paint shines as the sun beat down on it, causing Kai to have to squint. Uniquely twisted fencing kept the house enclosed, neatly trimmed hedges surrounded the house. The roof was peaked, slanting down at an angle. The windows had royal purple curtains hanging on the other side of them, drawn so that the sunlight could stream through.

As he stepped onto the sidewalk, Kai noticed a marble fountain sitting towards the right side of the lawn. An angel holding a flower was perched on top, looking up towards the sky. Water spurted from its other hand, which lay gently out in front of it, as if waiting for someone to take it in return. The water fell gently towards the crystal blue pool beneath it, causing ripples to form and wave out until they were no more.

As soon as he's in the front of the black door, he is just walking in without pressed the doorbell, which glowed with a yellow light surrounding the white button.

Kai stole a glance around the place. This place is still same. The black and white linoleum floor of the entrance glowed, obviously having been cleaned before he came. Stairs lay across the room, climbing toward the ceiling. A doorway was on either side of the room, one admitting into the kitchen, the other into the living room. The walls were a dark blue with silver brush swipes crossing over it, creating a shimmer effect.

When sounds of pounding came from upstairs, he lift up his head and sees an older one is walking down the silver,”I've been waiting for you.”

“I already know the reasons why you asked me to come here.” Kai said while walking to the brown couch right five feet at his left side.

“So? did she agree?” The man's wearing an elegant black suit with a white shirt and a black bow tie who apparently Kai's father, asked. He is Kim Min Jong, the chairman of the foundation of Seoul University who known by many people because of his generosity. Sadly, it's just for publicity. For his only son, he is the worst father ever. Because of his egoistic, workaholic and high-pride, he lost his wife, who was cheating behind him until both decided to divorce, and his son, who lost his trust over his blood-relatives called parents and make him don't want to live either with his father or mother.

“As soon as she knew it's me, she said that she will cancel her appointment,” Kai replied without seeing his father's face.

“Hmm ...I knew it will be like this,” He frowned as taking a sit opposite Kai.”You can do anything you want but at least please graduate from University.”

Kai smirked.”Right, if I can't make it again this semester, I'll get a drop out letter, and everyone will think you failed to raise me.”

“Jongin-ah─”

“No need to worry because I'll ask Jiyeon again and make sure she won't reject it this time,” Kai cut him off,”this is all you want to talk, right? if so, can I leave now?”

His father nods,”Yes, indeed. I do know you must attend class this morning, so of course you can leave now, thanks for understanding. Just call me if you need help.”

Kai gets up,”I need your help, definitely. Can you not ask me to come here, and call me Jongin anymore? I really hate both of that!” He asked, mostly with sarcastic tone. His father say nothing but letting out his heavy sigh without facing his son. Kai, who don't want to waste any times for waiting his father answer, leaves that mansion right away.

.

♥♥♥♥♥

.

Knock knock!

Jiyeon knock that white door calmly before she enters that room, yet her mind is busy thinking of how the best way she can tell the chairman about canceling their appointment. Some abstract paintings and a little retro display at certain angles like welcomes her, as it designed for making anyone who comes to this room won't be nervous. In the middle, there is coffee table which surrounded by four doors. Jiyeon doesn't sure any function of each room. She just know a wood door in the edge of the room is chairman's private office. It's available at 8 - 9 a.m for everyone who wants to complain about their teaching learning process, or broken facility.

That door opens, indicating someone will be out of room.”Oh gosh! finally you're here!” an eyeglasses men approached Jiyeon immediately while massaging his temple.”Maybe he is so bored waiting for you, so he has been kicking the wall which affected me, I mean how can I work properly if there is something bother me!” That man, Jung Yunho who Jiyeon knows is the chairman's secretary, said like a business train, so fast until Jiyeon─her mind─can't process it.

“Pardon?”

He sighed in frustration.”Just go to that room, could you?”

“O-okay,” Jiyeon obeyed him to go to the room next to it.

As soon as Jiyeon close the door, she notices someone's back is standing in front of her.”You're late,” She can't see his face but still recognize his voice which none other than the guy she met yesterday, Kai.

“What is this all about?” Jiyeon asked. Her intention of coming here is not to meet Kai, again. She's circulating her gaze. There are no furniture except, one table and two chair with a mid-sized white board hanging on the wall, obviously seems like a room for tutoring.

Kai turn around and showed his best smile at Jiyeon. “Eiii~ you're a very serious person, huh? Whereas yesterday I was just kidding.”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes lazily.”Whatever!" She said as tried to leave that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter