Ch 006

Dreams of The Hopeless Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six Chapter Six

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon woke up from a restless sleep due to the rough waves to glimpse at the glowing and radiant sun peaking above the horizon out of her window. It extended its vivid light across the deep crimson sky. Its dazzling and inviting rays flowed through the window providing warmth to her body. Slowly the fatigue of the long journey was seeping out of her as the welcoming rays trickled in to replacing her unrest. Eventually she got out of bed and stumbled across to the other side of the cabin as her drowsiness had still not left her.

Her eyes rounded when she took a glance at the clock, showing 10.00 am, yet she is calmed herself once she remember that today is the first day she became Kai's tutor and it will be okay even she comes late for a few minutes, she thought.

Jiyeon put out some toothpaste onto the toothbrush, starting to brush her teeth while checking her eyes to make sure there is no black circle around it. Last night, Jiyeon reached home at 08.00 pm but sadly she cannot sleep because she still thought about Hongbin’s rejected. Jiyeon really didn’t get why he looked so painful yesterday.

 

Jiyeon stand up calmly, approaching Hongbin.”You're so impatient.” Then, take out one of coffee Hongbin hold.”Be my piano tutor.”

“Huh? You can request everything you want but for this one, I refused.” Hongbin answered right away as he gives the coffee back to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon frowns, feeling confused.”Why?”

“I had quitted, stopped doing it and doesn't want to know everything related to piano anymore.”Once again, Hongbin refused. He really against it, but there is slight desire to touch that white small rectangular. No, it will be recall his bad memories. Just let the past be the past.

“I still can't get over it. I know, you had lost your dream but you shouldn't break other's dream they tried to achieve.” Jiyeon insisted.

Hongbin snorted while tucked his hands on his pockets.”Does become a famous pianist is your dream?”

No, not at all. It is the the answer she wanted to give. Become pianist was regarded as responsibility for burying Hongbin's dream. She has no passion to be one.”Yes.” She lied.

Jiyeon looked at Hongbin's expression. So cold; there are no a light of Hongbin she knew for this past two days. Full of pain written on it made Jiyeon felt guilty, somehow. Perhaps, she has scraped his unhealed wound.

“Then, you still can join other piano courses. I really can't accept it, sorry. Just tell me another wish because you still have one. For now, I'm off. I'm not used to be melancholic guy in front of woman. It's not cool at all.” Hongbin replied with a fake chuckled.

 

 

Jiyeon locked her apartment. She sighs when the room next to her was so quiet as if there is no its owned. She does not know Hongbin has come back or not since Hongbin was no where to be seen after their conversation. Not wasting the times, she walks away. Jiyeon had a way of walking that made her seem perpetually in a hurry. Her steps weren't long but they were rapid. Like a speed-walker without that odd twisting motion they make.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked as soon as she out of the building. Right in front of her, there is Kai who leaned against his black sport car arrogantly.

Kai smiles while taking off his sunglasses.”I pick you up,”

“What? No, thanks. I can go myself,” before she left Kai, Jiyeon continues her words,”Uhm, are you sure you're wearing that clothes to the college? it suit rather for flirting or seduce girls.” She said sarcastically.

Kai checked himself. Pressed khaki trousers, brown unpolished shoes, blue shirt ed at the collar, and brown hat.”Oh! you noticed? Right, I wanna flirting on you!”

Jiyeon rolls her eyes lazily.”Thanks again but I'm not pleased with it.” She stated as turned around to walk. However, Kai did not let her just like that. He stopped Jiyeon by grab her hand.

“You think after I've waited for 30 minutes, I will give you permission to leave. No, of course. Besides, I'm sure you would be late at least fifteen minutes for tutoring. Remember, I can inform my dad because of  how unprofessional you are.” He convinced.

Jiyeon looks at Kai annoyingly.”Now, you're threatening me?”

Kai shook his head.”No, I just remind you.”

“Okay, then. Let's go.” Jiyeon unwillingly cut out her stubbornly for right now because she has to admit that she really needs the job. She is too dull to search for another job.

 

 

Along the way, Jiyeon does not say any word. She only stare at window while occasionally yawning. However, every single act of Jiyeon were observed by Kai. He was amazed. Every girl will keep her manner, act cute, or start a conversation to attract him or just gain his attention, yet Jiyeon, this girl does not give a about that.

“You look so sleepy. When did you arrived?” Kai asked, starting the conversation. Jiyeon glare at him as if says how-did-you-know-I-went-somewhere? so Kai continues,”I went to your apartment to ask you go on a date, but sadly you weren't at there. Out of curiosity, I asked security and he said that you're out with a man around 2 a.m. I don't believe you work as ...ugh! forget it. I thought you're innocent.”

Jiyeon bites her bottom lip. Instead of mad at misunderstand of Kai, Jiyeon wants to laugh so badly seeing serious expression written on Kai's face.”Well, you find out pretty fast.” Jiyeon followed Kai's judged. She hopes it will make Kai lost interest in her and stop doing such annoying thing.

 

Without aware, there is a young lady who approaches them. She whooshes past Jiyeon as if she is not exist. She wrapped her arms around Kai's. Jiyeon wait for Kai to say something but he does not. That girl flicks her blonde hair to one side in what she know to be a conscious act. So Jiyeon looks. Dangling from her perfect lobes are diamonds set in white gold. They are exquisite, accentuating the length of her neck. They cost more than Jiyeon makes in a year. Jiyeon cleared , realizing she has held her gaze too long.

“Chagi, we're still couple, right?” She stated confidently.

Does not want to see a romance between this couple and to avoid the puke that anytime may out without she aware, Jiyeon decides to walk away, leaving Kai and his 'business' behind. It's just wasting her time  anyway. Besides, if she is still here, she looks like a stupid flies.

Seeing Jiyeon left him, Kai take off the girl's hand roughly.”We're over, Hyeri-ya!”

Hyeri clenched her fists. She thought that Kai loves her and stop doing such as childish act, changing a girlfriend whenever he wants. Even though she is the longest among all his ex, it does not mean Kai is willing his heart, apparently.”Is it because of her?!”

Kai turns around and sees Hyeri's furious eyes while pointing the walking lady that is far away from them.”It's none of your business! you're just my ex, nothing much.” He said coldly.

Hyeri gritted her teeth seeing the man she love just gives her cold shoulder.”I won't give up! I'll own you again no matter what. Just wait and see, Kai.” She said inwardly. Then, she rushed to take her phone on her bad. She is typing something before placing it on her right ear.”Mr. Song. I need help you to gather information about Park Jiyeon, the woman from the Music major. Give me the result as soon as posible, okay!”

Hyeri grinned. She believes there is something that she can use as a sword for stabbing that brown haired woman named Jiyeon. She has a courage to landed her dirt hand on Kai, so she must be received a punishment from her. Taking down her pride, hurting her psychical, or kicking her off from here, she will think it latter.

 

 

“Jiyeon, wait for me!” Kai shouted while running after Jiyeon. Automatically, all eyes around that place took a glace toward Kai. Some guy shook their head, thinking that Kai already has a new toy and some girl are envy to Jiyeon because she is successfully attract Kai.

“Shut up!” Jiyeon glared at Kai when he reached her, walking side by side. She is really uncomfortable with the gaze anyone gave her.

“Where? Are you not happy if the gossip of us being together will be spread?” Kai teased.

Jiyeon is rolling her eyes before says,”Absolutely, no. It's only your obsession! Just searching for another woman, will ya!”

“No, I'll still after you,” Kai insisted.”Even though I know you have a boyfriend, I won't step back, I'll snatch you away instead!”

Jiyeon frowns, thinking who is the guy he referring to be his boyfriend? Ah, right. He is Hongbin of all the possibilities since Kai said he knew she went out at the midnight with a guy.”You crazy punk. stubborn rabbit!” Instead of answering, she just let out the curses. Imagining being Hongbin's girlfriend makes her blushing.

“Let's go inside!” Jiyeon changed the topic.

Kai lift up his head and aware that they're in front of the library. He could help but sighing. All of the place in this university, why should the library? he thought.

.

.

.

Kai massaged his throbbing temples as he glanced at another page. The words seemed to blur together. He blinked rapidly and pressed his forehead onto the book, as if that could imprint it in his memory. He groaned and glanced at his wrist watch. 02.15. He leaned back in his chair and glanced at the ceiling before forcing his gaze back down to the table. He stifled a yawn and rubbed his eyes.

“Have you finished?” Jiyeon took a glance at him. After she had explained the materials he should learn for today, Kai has to answer the questions that Jiyeon gave. It's kind of pre-test before decide whether she can skip some materials or just go on with her lesson plan.

“Yeah, finally!” He replied.

Jiyeon nodded and took the paper and Kai’s book. She lift up the edge of her upper lip once she has done reading. Seeing Kai who pretend he got all his answers were correct, makes Jiyeon really wants to throw him somewhere out of this earth. How in the world he just answer those question with just a sentence!

 

Basic questions:

What do you know about this? Explain! (Q=question, A=answer)

Q: Economic growth

A: When my dad gave me more money than last month.

Q: Employment

A: People who will do anything I ordered.

Q: Unemployment Rate

A: The number of people I fired.

Q: Inflation

A: The situation, when I wanna drink Vodka but the price was suddenly as expensive as .

Q: Monetary Policy

A: I can find the answer for this one.

Q: House Prices

A: This is so easy, but I don't want to tell you!

Q: Housing Inventory

A: I'll just keep this answer as a secret.

Q: Residential Investment

A: I'll tell you the answer someday *wink*

 

Jiyeon sighed. She then place the paper under Kai's book for checking his math-test.

 

Credit to the owner.

 

Jiyeon tsked.”Aish. No wonder why your father look for a tutor. And by the way, why your writing is so ugly?”

“Because I wrote it by my left hand.” Said it calmly, yet he muttered once Jiyeon glared at him.”Uhm... you know, kind of practicing.”

Jiyeon shook her head.”You really didn't put your effort into this test.”

“Oh, Jiyeon. Why so serious?” Kai hissed with a song.

“Yeah, I'm. This result test mean that I have to give you the very basic material when I thought I just could give you an advanced one.”

Kai is smiling brightly. He is dropping the chin into his palm, watching a whining let out from Jiyeon's lips. How could he find the nagging girl can be cute like Jiyeon. Seriously, when every girl he dated did this, he would immediately asked for breaking up. He thought it was the most irritating thing he's ever seen. However, it is different for Jiyeon. He want to annoy her even more.

 

.

***

.

 

“Good job, Hongbin-ssi!”

Hongbin bowed toward his manager after he praised him. In his fifth day of work, everyone finally notice there is handsome man among the waitress so since then many people has been visiting this restaurant to make sure that their friend told them the truth.

However, it  just his appearance because the person in front of him depended on who he was talking to and what he wanted. He could be everything from bad- to vulnerable, albeit with a new story of each new situation. He had an infinite number of childhoods; his parents were happy, divorced, fighting, abusive or dead. His Dad had been a banker, a road digger, a burglar or unemployed. His mother had been a drunk, a politician, a Sally-home-baker or a tart. He was an only child, brought up in a foster home or the heir to a fortune. Part of him wanted to walk away from this cruel world, but his pride shouted he does not want to be a pathetic person till the end.

Hongbin smiles.”Thank you, Mr.Kang.”

There is no slight of pain written on his face. He has mastered to hide and lock those emotions. But he remember yesterday, he could not did it as always in front of Jiyeon. He lost his control, acted like he is the most pitiful person in the world

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter