Ch 003

Dreams of The Hopeless Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three Chapter Three

 

 

Jiyeon scan around the room. This is the first time she comes here. The walls were made of dark stone, dimly lit by torches. Empty benches rose on either side of her, but ahead, in the highest benches of all, were many shadowy figures. It's really look traditional, yet it could be amazed everyone who sees.

They are standing to face the manager in front of them while stole a glance occasionally toward him, both of them─Hongbin and Hana feeling uneasy because he hasn't spoke anything for five minutes. He really pissed about that vase, of course. That type of pottery appears around 620BC. It applies to pottery where the main figures are in black. This type of pottery is achieved by painting on a thin layer of liquid clay is painted on to the unfired pot. Details on the figures were achieved by scraping a way this wash. Due to the high iron content of the clay it turns brown or black when fired. Technically speaking, that vase is damn expensive.

“Jiyeon-ssi, yesterday I wished I won't see you again, but why out of blue you appeared in front of me again?” The manager begin to talk when he noticed Jiyeon staring at him confidently while the other two were lowering their face.

Jiyeon shrugged.”Maybe, we were meant to be.”

Hongbin bites his bottom lip and Hana shuts her eyes and mouth immediately if they don't want to burst into laugh. Right now, they acknowledge Jiyeon as the right one who can save their life from tension. She really make an awkward atmosphere become a funny one.

“This isn't the time for joking around, Jiyeon-ssi!” The manager covers his face with his palm. Instead of knowing that Jiyeon's already fear against him, she isn't at her position. Jiyeon's squatting down, calmly tied her loose shoelace.

Jiyeon sees the anger eyes of the manager like the chemicals burn in his bloodstream as soon as she stand up. She sighs before says,”Look, I know you're mad because that vase, but what the point of telling me here. I even didn't touch that vase.”

They dumbfounded. Jiyeon is right, all she did was just sit.

“Is it true?” The manager asked. He looked at Hongbin and Hana alternately.

“Y-yes─“ Hongbin muttered, yet Hana cut him off.”But Jiyeon was the one who made me did that, sir. She provokes me!”

The manager make a fake cough. He feel ashamed for misunderstanding Jiyeon.”Okay, since you're not involved, you may leave now, Jiyeon-ssi.” He allowed Jiyeon without apologies.

.

♥♥♥♥♥

.

Hongbin his neck awkwardly. He doesn't know why both Jiyeon and him end up walking home together like this. All he knew when he was out of restaurant through back door, Hongbin found Jiyeon was giving milk to a cat. He wants to say hi or do small talk since she is his neighbour, but he doesn't know how to start it. This is not himself. Usually, he's so talkative and easy going yet now, he feels being introvert somehow.

“Jiyeon-ssi, where are you going?” Hongbin said when in the juncture, he saw Jiyeon turn left which supposed to be right. He walks after Jiyeon right away.

“I'm going home,” Jiyeon replied without stop her steps.

Hongbin frowned.”But bus station is over there.”

“I always take a shortcut,”

Hongbin smile brightly after hearing Jiyeon's words.”Then, can I walk with you? to be honest, I'm out of money so yeah ...”

“Whatever, just help yourself.”

Hongbin stops for a while. He presses his lips together while shakes his head. He really has no idea what kind of woman Jiyeon is, she is super cold towards anyone. She acts whatever she wants, says what she wanna says, but she has no emotion everytime she did that. She's pretty bad at expressing her feeling.

 

GROWL~

Jiyeon turn around once she heard that sound. Even tough they're in the dark, she still can see Hongbin lowered his head, getting blushing exactly.

“Are you really out of money?” Jiyeon asked. Jiyeon didn't ask 'are you hungry?', she says it, instead. Jiyeon isn't idiot though. That's clear for her to know that he's hungry.

Hongbin nodded in return.”Yes, that old man take away all money in my wallet. He said that it's kind of down payment. Not only that, I won't have my payment for three months in order to repay that ing vase Argh! I hate him! He's such a jerk, being bossy around while he can't work properly!” He cursed as ruffle his hair in frustration.

“If you hate him, do you dare to throw a plastic bag full of trash toward him?” Jiyeon challenged.

Hongbin is speechless. Indeed, he hates him yet he can't do what Jiyeon asked.”Of course, I can't. I'll be getting fired immediately.” He muttered.

“But, I did, accidentally.” Jiyeon admitted.

Hongbin burst into laughter. He can't imagine Jiyeon throw that plastic bag with careless, and the manager who pissed off because he saw nothing but emotionless expression of Jiyeon.”You're so amusing!”

Jiyeon shrugged. She doesn't know which part is funny until he laugh so loudly like that.”Let's go to the grocery first to buy food for your hungry stomach. There's one around here.”

“Really? Your treat? Yas! let's go~” Hongbin jumped into air like a child. Slowly, Hongbin can find out Jiyeon personality. She seems like doesn't care at all to everything around her. However, she do care like others. She just has a different way to express it. A unique one.

.

.

“Wel─oh! Jiyeon-ah! you're so early today. Hmm that can't be... Are you, by any chance is getting fired again?!” The young lady who Hongbin assumes is a cashier and knows Jiyeon greeted, but yelling at her in the end.

“No need to yell at me, you idiot! just give me it like usual, but I'll buy two for this time,” Jiyeon said, not bother to explain an entire story about her fired.

The cashier sighed,”Until when you will always like that, keeping everything just for yourself, you stubborn girl!” She said as taking two cups of Ramen.”Here, your two─wait ...two?!” She looked at Jiyeon's direction. Oh! My ... my... How in the world she could not aware that there is a handsome tall man behind Jiyeon.

“Is he your friend or your boy─“

Jiyeon cut her off,”We're not in that both options,” She take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter