Ch 004

Dreams of The Hopeless Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four Chapter Four

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon suddenly stop pressing the keyboard of her piano when she felt someone was watching her. Seeing Jiyeon slowly turn her head toward him, Hongbin let off that wallpaper into its position automatically. He stunned, feeling uneasy if Jiyeon knew he was paying attention all this time. Wait ...what? Why should he thought that way? Anyway, it doesn't mean he is such a stalker or what. It's because that melody just blow his mind and make him can do nothing but enjoying the song.

 

Instead of worrying for no reasons, Hongbin decides to go to his bed room. However, at the same time, Kai walks in into Jiyeon's apartment while claps enthusiastically as if Jiyeon has been playing it in the big ballroom with a meticulously considered colour palette reflecting the desert’s great natural beauty. An exceptional space that can be personalised for any event. Parties, weddings, business functions, conferences and everything in-between. Events without pretentions. Delivered with perfection.

 

Kai is keep walking. Even though Jiyeon is staring at him with coldly, he doesn't stop at all. The more he approach, the fast fury raced through her body, heating Jiyeon to her very core and igniting a flame so hot within her heart that she almost screamed in agony and anger.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked, demanding. Her eyes glinting sharp.

 

The warm feels which flooded his heart when saw Jiyeon was playing, now turn into a cold one, again. Kai crosses his arms before replies,”Well, when I arrived to the restaurant, I thought you didn't come but there was waitress who told me that you were there for a while. I asked for your address and luckily she knew it. So yeah, here I am.” He explained without mentioning who she was and who the guy walked home with Jiyeon.

 

“I've told you! I don't want to be your tutor.” Jiyeon said coldly.

 

Kai smirks annoyingly before resting himself onto the couch.”If there is another student who willing to help me, I wouldn't try to ask you so bad,” he answered with a long sentence again. Kai who hates do it because he thinks that it is just to waste his time, being big-mouth this time. One day, even one second passed really able to change someone, indeed.

 

Jiyeon rolls her eyes.”Whatever! but still ...I won't accept it.”

 

“It's okay. Then, I'll sleepover here until you agree,” He decided. One-sided, exactly.

 

Kai stretch his arms, finding the comfortable position. For the sake of Yunho's toothpaste which he had not been replacing for this past two years, Kai really wonders  why Jiyeon is so stubborn and what the reasons behind it? This is such an opportunity for Jiyeon since she was getting fired, right? It's so frustrating for Kai to just think about it.

 

Jiyeon let out her heavy sigh. She knows, everything she tries to kick that irritating young-man would not work. So, with half-hearted, Jiyeon enters to her bedroom and slams the door. She doesn't know how gasped Kai was. If he were chicken, he was sure will lost all his feathers. Kai could not help but patted his chest, trying to calm himself. That girl really built his interest even more. Seriously.

 

Jiyeon sat and buried her face into her tremble arms. A lot of unexpected things happened lately is making her emotion less stable. Does she need drugs again while she had succeeded to endure the pain for traumatized around this year? that can't be! She has to be a famous pianist first if it will be going to happen. She has to fulfil her promise, no matter what. Even though sometimes she feels so burden and regret what she said that time, still ...promise is promise.

 

Knock Knock Knock!

 

“Jiyeon! are you nuts? how can there is no food inside refrigerator? you have predicted I would come, so you hide all inside, right? Just give me one or two snack, will ya?! unless I will death in hungry, Argh!” Kai sulked himself and ruffle his hair outside as Jiyeon get up lazily. She does not think Kai would check her refrigerator.

 

Jiyeon keep staring at Kai who is rolling on the floor while hold his stomach, so overacting.”Stop bothering me, I know you already had a dinner.”

 

Kai get up abruptly,”Who says?” He rounded his eyes as if those will be out soon,”I came here immediately after got your address!”

 

“So, what's your problem? it's fully your fault,” Jiyeon said calmly even she knows Kai is being serious.

 

”You're so cruel, Jiyeon,” He hissed while narrowed his eyes.

 

Jiyeon lift her edge of her lip,”There you go again!”

 

Kai blinks his eyes for several times,”So?”

 

Jiyeon sighs before says,”As if I have another choice. So, let's go.”

 

 

.

♥♥♥♥♥

.

 

Jiyeon and Kai sat side by side on the edge of a pond, located at nearby her apartment. Kai thought they were going to grocery, but all she did was taking her fishing stuffs (cane, fiberglass or graphite pole) and coming here. They caught crayfish under the rocks, redworms and crickets under logs and leaf litter. Even though other baits work, too, like altwater fish love shrimp, dead or alive, Kai can do nothing but get scared of it.

 

“Yah! seems like you have no fear about anything,” Kai said with terrible look at worms Jiyeon grabs. Once again, Kai wonders what was she thinking actually?! she was so silly. Maybe, she is really out of money recently so she struggle to survive, he thought.

 

Jiyeon throws both her bait and Kai's,”Wait for the fish to bite. FISHING TAKES PATIENCE! It’s common for fish to take several minutes to find your baited hook. Watch your bobber. If it jumps or shakes, a fish is nibbling your bait!” Jiyeon explained like a pro fisher, making Kai's mouth rounded in awe. A second after, Kai is smiling secretly. This is the first time he heard Jiyeon talk longer than usual.

 

Kai scans around the pond. The scenery of pond is on a humble scale, and, though very beautiful, does not approach to grandeur, nor can it much concern one who has not long frequented it or lived by its shore; yet this pond is so remarkable for its depth and purity as to merit a particular description. It is a clear and deep green well, half a mile long and a mile and three quarters in circumference, and contains about sixty-one and a half acres; a perennial spring in the midst of pine and oak woods, without any visible inlet or outlet except by the clouds and evaporation. The surrounding hills rise abruptly from the water to the height of forty to eighty feet, though on the southeast and east they attain to about one hundred and one hundred and fifty feet respectively, within a quarter and a third of a mile.

 

His gaze stopped at Jiyeon who caught kept staring at him. Kai blinks his eyes as Jiyeon slowly comes closer right to the face of Kai. Despite of feeling unexplained about why was he suddenly so nervous, he also do what Jiyeon did.

 

SLAP!

 

Kai can feel a hard slap on his forehead. Groaning in pain, he placed his palm on it. He is sure, that such a gorilla slap left a red mark.”Aish! Why you did this?!”

 

Jiyeon looks at her right hand innocently, then turn to Kai,”Sorry, I couldn't kill the mosquito on your tennis court,”

 

Kai laughs stiffly,”Yah! my forehead is not as large as tennis court!”

 

“Whatever, it's just my opinion,” Jiyeon replied,”and don't do it anymore. I mean, closed your eyes while pursing your lips. You looked so ugly,”

 

“Aish! you bitter girl!” He changed his position toward the pond again, hiding his blushing. He was misunderstanding her act, thinking Jiyeon would kiss him was totally wrong.

 

Jiyeon who suddenly pulls the hook, seized his attention. He dumbfounded, feeling happy and jealous at the same time; happy because Jiyeon already has the big fish for dinner, and jealous because there is no fish which wants to bite his hook.

 

Fifteen minutes passed already. This situation is too quiet, or there are just covered with awkward. They do not know. However, for your information, Jiyeon has caught four fish while Kai is none. It really pissed him off, somehow.

 

Kai snorts,”Can you give me an advice, at least. This is my first time fishing.” he said without looking at Jiyeon. He was too prestige.

 

When Jiyeon was about to answer, they hear someone comes from behind and says,“When the bobber goes completely under the surface, set the hook by raising the pole quickly. Then point your pole straight up in the air, so the fish swings to you. Handle with care! Most fish you’ll catch from shore don’t have sharp teeth, but many have spiny fins. Grasp the fish gently but firmly behind the head as shown. Use needle-nose pliers to remove the hook.”

 

Kai turns around, frowning. He sees an eyeglasses old man wearing blue sweater and brown pants standing behind them with crossed arms, and without knowing, Jiyeon─who next to him rushed to pack their things.

 

“Let's go!” Jiyeon grabs Kai's hand before runs as fast as they can. Kai, in other side, who do not know anything just can obey what Jiyeon said.

 

“YAH! STOP THERE, YOU RASCAL! HOW MANY TIME DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT THIS POND IS FORBIDDEN FOR FISHING! COME BACK AND GIVE ME THE FISH YOU CAUGHT!”

 

Now, Kai knows the real situation. With a brighter smile written on his face, he change the grip; release his hand from Jiyeon's before interlocked their fingers. As long as he is with Jiyeon, another unexpected thing will happen and happen, again. And he likes it.

.

.

.

.

Kai wiped his sweat. It is 01.15 a.m, and he still struggle to make his dinner. He cursed Jiyeon inward for telling him that he should make a dinner himself. Kai, who do not want Jiyeon look down at him claimed he is good in cooking while he is not.

 

Jiyeon is trying to sleep when the smell was tickling her nose. She sighs, predicting this would happen. She jump off the bed unwillingly, walking out her room. She sees, kai was coughing with the dirty apron as well as his face which almost filled by flour. It is really funny until Jiyeon wants to laugh so badly. However, Jiyeon restrained herself.

 

Jiyeon hisses,”Tsk! you are so desperate. I prefer to just sit and watch me cooking than burn my kitchen,”

 

Kai looked down, feeling embarrassed.”Sorry,” He muttered. Then, he put off the apron before do what Jiyeon told.

 

“Wait,” Hearing that, Kai stopped and turned around, blinking his eyes as if ask what-now? 

 

Jiyeon takes a few sheets of tissue that was above the dining table, then gently clean the rest of the flour from Kai's face. Kai stunned, feeling blush for what Jiyeon do. Like a slow motion, he stares at Jiyeon's face, not even a single moment he turned his gaze. Her eyes, nose, lips slightly open, Kai could not help but want to staring any longer as if Jiyeon is rare creature. Oh no! What was he thinking?!

.

.

.

.

Thirty minutes later, a bowl of Maeuntang has reserved on the table. Jiyeon chose the right decision; selling two of fish for buying ingredient and vegetables. If not, it will just become a fried fish.

 

Maeuntang is a hot spicy fish soup boiled with gochujang (red chili pepper paste), gochugaru (red chili pepper flakes) and various vegetables. As its main ingredient, fresh or sea-water fish is cut into several pieces and boiled with green vegetables such as watercress and garland chrysanthemum.  In addition, onion, radish, chilies, crown daisy, garlic and sometimes, pumpkin and bean curds are added to the mixture to absorb the gochujang which is the base flavor of this dish. It is then seasoned with gochugaru, garlic, soy sauce and potentially more gochujang to meet everyone's taste buds.

 

“Eat this, and then leave.” Jiyeon said.

 

“I won't─“

 

Jiyeon cut him off,”I'll be your tutor, so just leave,”

 

“O-okay, thanks for the meal by the way.” Kai answered hesitatingly. Truthfully, from the deepest heart, he wants to stay here any longer. He has no idea why. He always feels happy and exciting, but it is fake. The real 'exciting' and 'happy' for the first time in his life is tonight.

 

.

♥♥♥♥♥

.

 

“Eh? where are you going?” Hongbin asked as soon as he was out his apartment, a door next to him open at the same time, showing Jiyeon with neatly clothes as if going to somewhere.

 

“I'll be sneaking someone's house and then kill that person. I like it. As I plunged the knife

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter