Ch 005

Dreams of The Hopeless Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five Chapter Five

 

Leo approaches him with a rounded mouth, still cannot believe that the person he thought just now suddenly appear right in front of him. He is so happy to see him again even there is a little bit afraid about his buddy safety.”Don't tell me you were running away,”

Hongbin smiles while shrugs,”Hmm, you can say that again,”

Leo sighs,”You know Mr. Kim wouldn't let you, Hongbin-ah. His people will find you sooner or later,” he said without looking at Hongbin.

Hongbin crosses his arms while walking toward the windows, ignoring Leo's words for a moment.

At this floor, he can see the view of Busan, and automatically remembers those memories when he was young. They were young for exact, Hongbin and his buddies. In the central street of the city, there are a lot of clothes shops that have the most important brand in the world. They like a lot to walk into the center and see, and sometimes buy, the clothes into the shops. In the center there are also a lot of pub, bar and restaurant. They like in particular one pub that is downstair, not so illuminated, like a typical Irish pub. In that pub they can taste a lot of good beer, difficult to find in other place.

It was also near the center a big cinema with five room, one bar and one pizzeria. In the night, specially in the week-end night, that bar is very full of young people and the music is very high. Hongbin smiles when he recall that sometimes the police going into the bar and they were pretty throe because there were still underage. They thought there were some raids, but apparently, the police just told the boss to lower the music.

Does not want to remember any further from that, Hongbin throw his gaze back to Leo.”You don't know how many times I tried to run away, but always getting caught in the end. It's okay even I just have a short time if I can feel fresh air. I'm sick of being watched, you know,” Hongbin replied, making Leo, in other side start to feel aches on his heart, kind of guilty.”I remember when every time I walked near the police station, they always drag me right away into the apartment and yeah ...beat me.” He continued.

Leo can do nothing but shut his eyes along with lowering his head. He does not know Hongbin live a hard life.”I'm sorry, it was because of me.” Leo stated. Life is cruel as they turn out to be like this while they were used to be happy back then. Yeah, back then.

Hongbin smiles, knowing that Leo is still same; his cold face cannot hide his soft or perhaps weak heart in Hongbin's opinion. He is really easily being touched or hurt even he is a physician.”Don't be silly, Leo. It wasn't your fault or anyone either. This is just the path we need to take ...I think.” Hongbin shrugged, trying to be wise.

As Leo tired to stand, he decides to sit on the brown couch behind him.”But it was from my ridiculous idea and his wrong decision. I can't pretend I had done nothing!” he insisted, putting blamed on him.

Hongbin follows him, placing himself next to Leo.”Ssst ... we knew you’re just kidding and he was in the middle of stress, of course it made him easily ignited by emotions without thought about the consequence.”

Leo looks puzzled once he felt Hongbin was pinching his cheeks, pulling to different directions makes his face wider like a axolotl which kind of salamander.”Heol~ what's with that expression. Let's stop this topic, past is still the past, okay! You looks so terrible with your psychology title. Just quit this job, you're not match at all.”

“Lee Hongbin! You wanna die?!” Leo said with unclear voice since Hongbin's hands still have not let off, with his rounded eyes as if he wants to scratch the face of Hongbin.”Yah! let go of my cheeks!”

“Doc─” Hearing call of someone, they both turn their head to look the person who suddenly pop up without knocking. There is standing a stunned nurse. Leo gasped, automatically hands off hongbin's. He is sure this is end of his reputation. Leo, who everyone in this hospital knows as cool physician and full of charisma, can be cute if he meet his friend or ... does the nurse think something foolish like he is a gay? God, no way! it can't be.

“I'm sorry for interrupting, doc. I just inform that now is the time for checking the patients,” The nurse inform in one breath, not pausing at all.

“Okay, I'll be there soon.” Leo get up as the nurse was nervously out of the room after bowing.

“There will be gossip soon, but it disappear when I think it again,” Leo grinned toward Hongbin. He, who is being asked only cast a glance what? “I always pray to meet you again someday, but even you come back, I'm not sure you'll be still the same. Then, today comes and proved that I just afraid for no reasons. You're, no ...you will be same forever, I guess. You're the greatest and strongest guy I ever know, give up is not your option to against this scared world.”

Hongbin cut him off.”Just do your job, will ya! you talked too much about how good I am, but still my eyes won't be teary anyway.”

“Whatever! Hongbin is still Hongbin.” he replied. While shut the door, leaving.

However,

In the middle of hallway, he just remembered that there is something he must to tell Hongbin. Oh, right! she is here. The young lady Hongbin saved is here. He'd better to see and give her some advice because she changed to wrong way, the way which can be scarified her for the rest of her life. Hongbin should help her.

 

.

♥♥♥♥♥

.

 

Nowhere is the chronic underfunding more evident than in the hallways. They are for the most part crammed with patients on trolleys, some tended by strained relatives and some alone. Each of them lies on their back, strapped in- eyes toward the fluorescent tubes that flicker as though they are on their last legs. In the brief gaps between these unfortunates who cannot afford the exorbitant private fees, the pale blue walls are deeply scored by the metal framed trollies, the drywall showing though like white scars. The cheap prints on the walls are insipid, so lacking in vibrancy that they appear sun-bleached in this windowless strip. The confined space magnifies the groans and wails to no avail, the nurses have seen it all before and are immune, hardened by repeat exposure and over-work.

Feeling dry on , she turn left to where the drink machine is. Seriously, Jiyeon just aware that she has not drink anything since leaving her apartment. Many footsteps sized her attention, making her look around; yet the further she walks, the louder she can hear that until finally a lot of children caught her eyes. There are running toward her for the reasons she does not know. Jiyeon gulped, there is no space for avoiding them.

“Yeay! Time for playing!”

The children shout in excitement, do not care at Jiyeon who trying so hard to keep her balance. In no time, she starts to feel dizzy and everything around her quite blurry after she spun a few times. The poor woman already closed her eyes, letting her to fall unwillingly.

A minute passed but she cannot feel anything except there is something hold her waist, like muscular arm. Wait, what? Jiyeon immediately opens her eyes and finds a guy grabs her by waist, with his sweet smile but an annoying one in both eyes of Jiyeon. In the first time in her life, she agrees to anyone who states that the world is so small. What in the earth happen until she meet the same person again within a day, or hours exactly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter