Chapter 6

I Love You

🎆 CHAPTER 6 🎆 

The distance was all that mattered and the drive back was horrible. Myungsoo wasn't stopping for anything, all he had in his mind was to get home as soon as possible.

Procession of headlights on the highway snaking down the road, cars bumper to bumper, was enough to ire his rage.

What Myungsoo wasn't aware; that his anger is winning against this true self. Damn!! That Mr. Hwang

Meanwhile at home 🏠

It was a peaceful evening, the heat was replaced by a cool breeze, ebbed to a comforting warmth.

Sungyeol had just finished making dinner and was about to wash the unwashed utensils in the sink when she felt a slight tug on the hem of her dress.

She looks down and finds a raven black hair baby boy, the younger tilt his head slightly with a big smile while holding his panda plush. "Mama, let's play?" 

"Play? Now?" she questioned, side-eyeing the sink.

There's so much to clean and set up before Soo comes home, yet she has no heart to say oblige her son. Oh well, cleaning shall wait~

                                                                                                             
“Gyuiee~ sweetie, where are you?”  Sungyeol shout exasperated with her hair tucked in a neat ponytail, tired of running around the apartment. She signed, stopping in the middle of living room, glancing around to see if she could spot a little figure from his hiding spot. 

A string of giggles could be heard from the back of the wooden cabinet filled with Myungsoo camera collections. Gotcha^^ 

With a mischievous smile, Sungyeol pouts as she tip-toed towards the cabinet, slowly.

“Oh my.., I’ll never be able to find my little baby. Unless~he’s hiding..here? ” Sungyeol jumped out, surprising the younger who burst out giggling.

“Umma~ found me!” he grinned cheekily, clapping his hand. 

Sungyeol got hold of the giggling boy whose laughter filled with air with gorgeous sound; waved his arms towards her for the pick-up. She smiles and carried the boy in her arms, pampering him with kisses on his cheek and forehead.

“Do you want juice, baby?” Sungyeol asked looking at the clock, as she made her way into the kitchen. It was half-past eight and Myungsoo is awfully late today.

Myunggyu shakes his head, a slight pout forming on the side of his lips as he voiced out an audible ‘No’.

“No? Then milk?” Sungyeol questioned again.

“No-“ Myunggyu huffed with a pout, shaking his head again in disagreement, “ chowco?” he trails off, tilting his head cutely.

She blinks trying hard not to smile, “Oh no sweetie, it’s a big No! No chocolates for you, it either milk or strawberry-apple juice” she stated in a soft yet stern way.

"Choco, kissy?” the younger questioned again.

Sungyeol giggles, “Are you trying to bribe me, baby?" she asked nuzzling her nose with the younger; "Still no chocolate baby, its dinner time", she said placing Myunggyu on the baby chair safely as she continued cleaning. 


The front door clicked open, a tad sound resonates as Myungsoo dashed into their apartment with his office bag in hand to the quite living room. He dumps the laptop bag on the couch and took off his shoes as he sits on the couch sigh with pint up frustration.

The latter was totally disturbed by the incidents that took place at his office. Oblivious to the situation, Sungyeol just had to spill oil on the burning fire.

"What is it mechanic? Today you have come early" Sungyeol asked curiously from the kitchen, earning small giggles from her baby boy. "Papa, good mecha-nic ow bad me ha-nic?" he questioned tilting his head cutely while having the strawberry-apple juice.

Myungsoo huffed with anger not expecting to hear the same word 'Mechanic'  from his wife. 

The writer who had no idea of the turmoil her husband was fighting on, giggles playfully "Good, hmm bad mechanic," she adds, giggling softly as she carries Gyuie on her left arms to the living room with a glass of orange juice on her right.

"Letgoo...Papa!" Myunggyu squealed happily on Sungyeol's arm.

"What is it mechanic? How come you're home early? " She jokingly questioned her husband placing the orange juice on the coffee table, as she sits on the couch opposite him with Myunggyu on her lap. 

Myungsoo sighed, something inside him felt sick. He clenches his fits on his lap, as he spoke up "Will you stop calling me mechanic again and again?" he stated voice full of irritation as his eyes bore into his wife's orbs.

Sungyeol hummed with a teasing smirk"Then do we call a mechanic as a doctor?" she stated as the matter of fact. 

That was it. Myungsoo was losing his patience which was all unnoticed by Sungyeol. He groans, running a hand through his hair "Alright, hereafter don't call me like that-.."

"No, I will call like that!"

Myungsoo blinks for a minute with a silent 'what'.

Sungyeol continued as she leaned closer to her husband and whispered; 

"Mechanic"...

"Mechanic"...

"Mechanic" 

That was the breaking point. Myungsoo's patience was gone being impulsive out of anger."Hye! I'll beat you then.." he stood up in a jape, moving his fists towards her cheeks. 

In a reflex, Sungyeol staggered backward and fell on the couch, the bark of Myungsoo's voice and actions surprised her as tears sting her eyelids. 

Myunggyu, who was playing with his panda plushie stopped playing as the argument heated up. The little one had no idea what was going on, as a child witnessing his parents arguing was a bit too much. He started crying seeing his mother tearing up.  

The tensed situation worsens as Myungsoo vent on with range, voice unforgiving and cold. He looked down at his wife with wide red-rimmed eyes "I am working as a mechanic and not as a broker. Mind it!" he spoke up letting out all the pent-up ire he kept to himself as he slinked away to the master bedroom without looking back.

Sungyeol stares back in shock, tears stopping in sheer surprise. Those words from Myungsoo and the dark expression he gave as he walked past her; was unbearable.

What just happened she thought.

A soft quivering voice brought her back to reality as she felt Myunggyu's little fingers on her face. She smiled at the gesture, wiping the pooling tears of her son as she carried him into her arms. "It's okay baby. Don't cry" she whispered kissing Gyuiee's forehead.

Myunggyu nods his head, sniffing as he snuggled closer towards his mother's warmth. 

"Let's tug you on the bed, kay my little munchkin" she pats bouncing him lightly till he fell asleep on her arms. 

Rough night for the trio, Myunggyu had a strong grip on his mother hugging her tightly as they settled on the couch giving space to Myungsoo to settle his inner turmoil. Sungyeol smiles apologetically at the younger, feeling sorry for what he has witnessed. I'm sorry baby' she murmured drifting off to dreamland.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo?

Myungsoo stepped into the pouring shower as he recalls the entire scenario at the back of his mind. His morning started out great but had to end dreadfully. He lashed at Sungyeol, his beloved soul and Myunggyu, watching them cry was heartbreaking.

Guilt getting the best of him!

'I'm sorry my love..ill makeup to you and Gyuiee soon!'  He solemnly promised. Myungsoo stayed up longer than the usual bedtime as he worked on an engine design that gives more mileage on Korean road way.

 He vows to prove Mr. Hwang that he isn't a mare mechanic. I know what I'm talking about! 

♦ 


Next day: 

Clouds dominated the morning sky leaving transitory patches of greyness, a suggestion that rain may play a part in the day to come. Sungyeol woke up from her slumber as the clicking sound of shoes echoed the silent living room. 

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo silently as he moved around the house making a mess out the living room; knocking the basket filled with Myunggyu's toys aside, under the tv shelf, literally every corner of the house leaving her puzzled.

She wanted to help out but was not sure how until her eye wandered under the coffee table. There you are. 

Scratching his head, Myungsoo sighed "! I'm getting late..." he mumbled as he sees Sungyeol standing with her arms stretched with his missing shoe. Myungsoo snatched the shoe out of her grip earning a surprised gasp from her Sungyeol felt defeated, "Can you wait for a bit, I'll prepare breakfa-" she stopped mid-sentence as Myungsoo walk passed her as if she didn't exist. 

The loud 'bang' on the apartment door was heard as Myungsoo paved the way out of the house. Sungyeol to fall on her knees with tears welling up her eyelids. Memories of the night flashed up her face.

What's happening to us.

= Myungsoo's office =

"I will fix 2mm in this...why don't you look for another alternative," Myungsoo said to his best buddy and partner in crime, Dongwoo while he worked on the project.

"Noted Soo" the elder hummed. 

Meanwhile, the brunette frowns biting his lips as he worked with the model on screen.

With a heavy sigh, "I don't think this idea is working, Soo." Dongwoo whispers, Myungsoo scoffs "Hyung..please don't kill my confidence. I'll definitely find a way to prove my theory right!" 

Dongwoo, gave up arguing and decided to go with the flow "Alright, we will work it out together" If Myungsoo says so then that's what we'll do! Dongwoo mumbles to himself.

Meanwhile ~


Sungyeol's Office 


"Unnie...Unnie" Jin pats on Sungyeol's arm breaking her train of thoughts, "Is everything okay?" she questions the writer. "Haa..everything is fine..it'-s fine" the writer utter with a heavy sigh breaking off her bubble of thoughts "Is there anything I can help you with?" she questioned. "Well, there is." Jin smiled, knitting her brows together as she leans closer to Sungyeol and whispered, "Let's skip work, half-day." she suggests.

A tepid chuckle left Sungyeol's lips "Now, that's a good joke" she said causing Jin to frown.

"Not a joke, Unnie. I meant every single word!"

"Wait..what?" Sungyeol eyed the younger who had a blank face, she isn't joking "Erm..you can't be serious and I still have lots to do-" 

"Oh really?" Jin raised her brow challenging the writer, "I think you're aware that I see through everything and you...didn't type a single word except for the headlines for the past 30 minutes. Now tell me there's work?" 

Sungyeol was lost for words, confusion morphs her face as she frowned momentarily. Yesterday's incident kept repeating in her mind causing her to lose concentration on work. "Alright, let's go.," she uttered gentle smile graced up her lips.

"Haha...Sure, let's go" Jin signed a bit dramatically Oh finally! " she smiled clinging onto Sungyeol walking her out of the office.

 ⇔ 

The two best friends continued working on the project but all efforts went in vain. In a blink of an eye, it was half-past six. Myungsoo refused to give up but Dongwoo was getting tired. "Soo, I can't anymore. Nothing is working bro!" he whined.

Taking a deep breath, the younger male reasoned struggling with his attempts "Hyung, please just a bit..let me try".

The elder sighs staring at the younger male with a sympathetic smile. He pats Myungsoo's shoulder and continues  "You won't listen, won't you? huff Anyways, I'm going to grab something to munch from the convenience store off-road. Want anything?, Soo?"

The brunette shrugs. "Anything will do...Hyung," he replied flatly.

~

The office is almost empty, Mr. Choi was about to leave when he spots Myungsoo working on two laptops "Myungsoo?" he calls the brunette taking a seat next to him.

"Yes, Sir" he answered, finally scrapping his attention away from the laptop. 

"Your wife called up four times since morning. Why don't you take a break and talk to her once? She might be worried." his supervisor bombarded. 

"I will talk to her, Sir. I will call her." Myungsoo replied rather quickly as he shifts his attention back to the screen. There's that feeling again burning in his stomach, a soft mixture between frustration and dissatisfaction tingles.

His head started to buzz, tiredness slowing him off, yet...work lies ahead! Myungsoo still has hope that something will turn out.

Just then, a pop-up icon blinks on-screen 'Input success'.



Hye readers, 

First and foremost I'm very sorry for going M.I.A for years. Been busy with my graduation and getting a job that I lost interest in proceeding with this story.

Anyways. I'm back now and ill continue updating this story. I hope to hear your thoughts on this chapter. Also, my new subscribers are welcome feel free to give your opinions.

Thank You. Have a nice day

Regards, Sheirly ❤