Chapter 5

I Love You
🎆 CHAPTER 5 🎆

"Welcome back lovebird. How was the date unnie?" Seokjin greeted Sungyeol raising her eyebrows suggestively while crossing her arms, dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey band shirt, her long lashes framed her eyes and the way her full lips curled into a mischievous grin eyeing Sungyeol. 

Sungyeol giggled, shaking her head "It was good Jin-ah, I’ll story you later." she said while leaning on the kitchen counter "Where are the boys? The house is silent.." Sungyeol asked scanning the living room as the hallway was quite, spread with Lego’s, colourful crayons and toys. 

Just as Seokjin was about to answer - "Umma~~weecome home" Myunggyu squealed running towards her. Hundred years baby!

A warm bright smile spreads up Sungyeol's pale complexion as she squats and lifts her munchkin up into her arms, brushing their noses together. 

"My little munchkin. Did you behave well?" He nods excitedly "Uhhuu..Jinnie umma made blueberry pawcakes and stawbervy. Then tae-tae and I we play tag..lego..we colour butterfly. Ouh t-then..and then we watch tom and jervyy" he giggled as he explained his adventures, moving his tiny fingers. Cute 

Sungyeol cooed at his cuteness as Gyuiee buried his face onto her warm embrace. Awwh my baby is sleepy 

"Thanks for taking care of Gyuiee and sorry for the mess Jinne-ah. The living room looks very bad as if it was hit by Tsunami" Sungyeol said apologetically looking at the half-sleepy boy in her arm, nuzzling onto her neck and the messy looking hall. 

"Sure no, problem unnie. I guess he is tired. Gyuiee refused to sleep when Taehyung did." She responds. 

"Well, that explains, why. Alright then, I'll make a move...Myungsoo is downstairs stairs."

"Okay, bye Unnie. Send my regards to him~👋"

🎆🌼🎆 

Back at home

"Yeobo.. could you carry Gyuiee-" 

"I’m going to shower first." Myungsoo cut her off flatly, rather in a rush as he dashed upstairs. 

Sungyeol frowned momentarily, watching him slink up into their room without taking a single glance back. Well, that’s odd. Myungsoo has been acting weird since the encounter with that old man, he bumped into at the parking lot.

Geez, I wonder what's bugging him?

Is it because of that old man?? 

Firstly, Myungsoo has been walking unusually slowly, almost robotically, as if his brain was struggling to tell each foot to take the next step. Secondly, he didn’t even utter a word throughout the journey from the park not even after picking up Gyuiee. Myungsoo was way surprisingly quiet, lost in his own thoughts. 

"Hmm, sit here okay, umma will be back.." Sungyeol said kissing Gyuiee's temple and puts him down on the soft cushion couch, but Gyuiee protests and hugs her tightly not relinquishing her anywhere. Soft cackling and gasping sounds were heard, Gyuiee scrunched his cheeks as pearl-shaped tears ran down his tiny face. Ouh my..

"What's wrong baby?" she postulates when the crying boy buries his face deeper onto her neck, moving restlessly seeking for comfort as he mumbles in his tone. Myunggyu's sudden change of mood isn't new to Sungyeol, it happens often when his sleepy or when he is extremely hungry. He gets grumpy and restless as his skin craved for cuddles. Sungyeol pats his back swaying her body ever so slightly to calm the trembling boy in her arms while humming his favourite lullaby. After walking in slow circles for a few minutes, Myunggyu was fast asleep on her shoulder. 

She quickly wonders into the kitchen to make up some milk for later, limiting her movements not to wake Gyuiee up from his slumber and tugged him in his bed with his favourite panda plushie. She looks down at her sleeping toddler, her fingers through his hair while watching him sleep, holding his panda plushie tight to his chest. She slowly slid her pinkie into his open hand and watches as they curl around her fingers. Cutie~

Sungyeol bend down to kiss him good night. "Goodnight baby, Umma loves you 😘"

 

♦

Meanwhile Myungsoo...dashed into the bathroom, utterly drained.

He stepped into the refreshing shower and welcomed the pebbles of cool water caressing his skin. Water always made him feel peaceful but today is was the opposite, there's that feeling in his stomach after so long, four years to be exact burning up.

All he wanted was to forget and block out the sounds surrounding him as he tried to clear his clouded mind. He pressed his forehead against the grimy stall door and began to let his heart yank out.

But it pulled back in like a yo yo. 

 

That man, Kim Su-ro.

 

The key to all his misery!

 

"Ahh!!.." Myungsoo yells in frustration and looks down at his trembling hands, his head started to buzz,

Myugiee~

Myungsoo froze, her voice, 

Myugiee-yah~

Whispers of her voice, calling him lingered in his mind ~ 

Myugiee~~come here

That voice, that sweet voice he could listen to it all day.  

Just as a cue, the images of his past were still fresh from 4 years ago came rushing in his mind, wrapping Myungsoo as it carries him off to a world where a sound is a power that could change everything wrong in the world. Only she had the power, KIM SUNGGYU - even her name hurts on his tongue. 

As realization daunts the brunette, he doesn't know why, but he felt the overwhelming emotions of his past crushing his logical mind.

Tears formed around the rim of his eyes threaten to fall.

"Stop!!" Myungsoo screams, resolve to break down.

"P-please..stop! I-i c-ca-n't" tears started pooling in his eyelids, as he slides down onto his keens making him feel awfully uncomfortable.

‘The past beats inside me like a second heart’
 

🎆🌼🎆 
Myungsoo's office

"Well, gentleman. As I told you earlier, European cars are the best in the world. And what we have done to the European cars is something very fundamental.” Mr Hwang So, the project manager of Audi AG; presented their new innovation on the usage of modern technology in today’s cars. 

He started his explanation with diagrams shown on power point “Now let’s take a look at what we have done on the current Korean models. As we see here in the Korean model cars, we don’t have enough length for the piston. And hence the torque and power are very normal for a normal rpm.” 
 

“Now what I am going to do here is that...I am going to increase the length of the piston." Mr. Hwang continued, "See as simple as that since I have increased the length of the piston, the volumetric efficiency-” 

Myungsoo frowns, crocking his eye browns as he observed the model on screen. 'Something is not right'

The brunette turned towards his left facing his supervisor, Mr. Choi who was engrossed in the presentation. Nudging him quietly “Sir, they are not suitable for our local roads” he whispered earning a nod as a response from his supervisor.  

After 20 minutes, Mr. Hwang ended his talk “Well, that’s about it gentlemen” 

Myungsoo raised his hands in an instant, “Sir, what you have said is suitable for European standards. And you don’t seem to know about the Korean roads…and their attitudes towards driving.” He continues before Mr. Hwang could think of anything to bite back “For that we may have to increase the bird's eye of the cylinder to get the volumetric efficiency, torque, and power for the same rpm.” 

“Was it you?” Mr. Hwang questioned. His eyes were narrowed, rigid and cold. Who is this guy? Acting smart!

All eyes were focused on Myungsoo and Mr. Hwang, the silent tension between the two was vivid. “Yes, Sir” Myungsoo responds breaking the awkward silence.

“Who are you? In what capacity are you in to question me?” Mr. Hwang hissed with a quirk of his eyebrows as he inspects the way Myungsoo froze the minute the question was asked. Geez, what a cocky ! He mumbled silently while clenching his teeth and his jaw was wired shut before his anger overactivated.

Mr. Choi who was taken aback by the entire scene, quickly bud in a rebound to defend Myungsoo, “Sir, this is Kim Myungsoo, one of our main chief mechanic.” he introduced. Maybe not the right time to do so.

Mr. Hwang glared at the said man, the whites in his eyes turned a pure black as his iris glow teal. “Mr. Choi, I don’t need any mechanic to designs any for my car. Got it! And I mean a damn mechanic!”

The entire conference room lapsed into silence; only the furious Mr. Hwang was on talk “I am not a fool to listen to a mechanic? Just ask him to get out.”

 “Sir—”

“Do I need to repeat myself?” he questions back not letting anyone bud in. “You!! Mechanic, know your limitations. And right now, get out of my sight!” he lashed, shouting in a blind rage until his words ran out. 

Myungsoo’s patience was fading off; a glimpse of an icy violet flare through the brunette’s eyes, trying to keep him from blowing up. He felt so humiliated and disgraced. “It’s okay, Sir. I’ll head out” The brunette spun around, politely bowing to the higher authorities, he dashed out of the conference room struggling to suppress his disappointment as. What a pain!

Darn it! "I should have spoken my mind out. What an attitude for a project manager!" Myungsoo grumbled walking straight to the parking lot, ignoring the call of his best friend, Dongwoo.

"Soo--?" 

♦

The drive back was horrible. A procession of headlights on the highway, snaking their way down the road, cars bumper to bumper, was enough to multiply Myungsoo's rage. 

Those days, people define anger as a poison, that eats you from inside. And its true, as well as for Myungsoo?

🎆🌼🎆 



Heyaa readers 😊,

Well at first I'm very sorry, anyways here's chapter 5. I hope you all enjoy reading, do comment I would like to know your thoughts.
To those who were anticipating my update, thanks :D.

Also, welcome new subscribers. 

Good day, all 🌸
Regards ~ Sheirly