chapter8

lee yoon and hye ryeong's story

And as he sent yang sun away, yoon returned to his new quarters, to queen quarters since he decided that it will be easy to protect her if he were beside her than far from her. The room looked different now, there were two tables at two corners one for him and one for her and also the bed sheet was now replaced with a larger one, and all his belongings took their place in various corners of the room, since the room was already big, new thing added didn’t make it look congested. He sat there waiting for her, he was served lunch and still there is no trace of hye ryeong. Where was she ? did gwi do anything to her ? he worried and got up from the lunch he was served with, he was about to open the door when it was opened from the other side revealing hye ryeong.
“where were you ?” he asked her worriedly
“I just went for a walk sunbae” hye ryeong said as she hid the drawing behind her, she didn’t expect him to be here in this room, no she didn’t talk these thing out, earlier when she saw maids moving his things but they didn’t talk thing out.
“oh come have lunch then” he said as he called out a maid and ordered her to bring food for the queen. And he went to the table, hye ryeong hid the drawing in one of her cup boards and took a seat as the maid got her lunch too. They both ate in silence, glancing at one another some times.

This is why those eyes seemed beautiful to me oppa, they were the same ones that caught my attention years ago and years later too as I saw them for the first time in years, but these eyes don’t have me in it, so you are going to remain as sunbae to me oppa, I don’t want to complicate things for you. But are you going to move here ? hye ryeong thought.

is she fine ? is she disturbed by the gwi thing that happened last night ? but she shouldn’t go alone around anymore, gwi may attack her anytime, yoon thought as he looked at her, she definitely is seeming upset about something and is doing some hard thinking, what is she thinking about yoon thought ?
“you shouldn’t move around alone”
“are you moving into this room sunbae?” both of them spoke at the same time,
“yes I am, it is my responsibility to protect you and I can’t be doing that by leaving you alone here, not after what happened yesterday” yoon explained, he need to be honest with her
“but sunbae, ” hye ryeong called for him, sunbae ? Can’t she find something better to call me ? atleast crown prince, or anything else, yoon didn’t like the way she calls him sunbae. Unknown to this hye ryeong popped her question
“this may lead to mis-understandings if yang sun accepts to be your mistress” and silence fell, though him moving in means she gets to see him more, it might only cause him troubles in future hye ryeong worried. Does she really want me have yang sun as a mistress ? why is she so accepting about my liking towards yang sun, and it’s not like I have any more hope left. After a few minutes of silence yoon decided to break it as he wanted to tell her his decision of releasing yang sun
“I have released yang sun” yoon said ,hye ryeong simply nodded since she already heard it, yoon continued speaking
“I think it is not apt for even one person to get hurt in the process of defeating gwi”
“it is for the better sunbae” hye ryeong responded, since yang sun will be safe and yoon will be happy she thought.

“so what are your plans on fighting gwi sunbae ?” hye ryeong broke the silence. It was seeming too much awkward, earlier today after lunch when things were quiet similar yoon left as he has to meet with the ministers. She sat there in this same room as she read some book and passed her time, their dinner was  silent too and again now she was doing nothing while he was at his table thinking something with some registers. But this question she was really curious to know.
“I am not sure yet, I am thinking to meet with kim sung yeol, he has to have some news” yoon said, well that is what he thought for now, there has to be a way and kim sung yeol might be helpful but first he has to get back on good terms with him since the black robe incident he knew that sung yeol might be thinking he was on gwi’s side. Hye ryeong just nodded, she decided to sleep, she took another set of bed sheets and placed them on the floor and took her rest while yoon just watched her do that. After a while he thought to sleeping as he went to his bed sheet that was at a distance from hers, he saw her , her sleeping face is as beautiful, that is when he wanted to do something and he immediately got up from his bed.

“so you say that both the king and queen are fighting against gwi ?” sung yeol asked as soo hyang explained to him, soo hyang then explained to him, what all happened and despite gwi threatening her to make her into a vampire, how he behaved with her and how the king was so much against it and pleaded to leave her. Their actions made sense now, they both might be despising vampires sung yeol thought, it also explained why hye ryeong took his black robe away from him. The king even let yang sun go, from what he heard he now believe that no life must be lost in this order to kill gwi.  Sung yeol later spent some time with yang sun,  and had their normal talk and as the night fell he let her sleep and returned back to his room and once again opened jung hyun’s memorandum.  He just flipped through all the places and read it once again, hoping to find some other clue, what that maternal relation actually meant not by actually gwi having yang sun’s blood. It must mean something.  Slowly he closed the book, and caught on something, like he found the list written inside the thick paper, the book’s end cover seemed harder than the front side.  There must be something in here, thinking, he ripped the cover open carefully and as he expected, there was one more paper, a letter to be precise since it seemed long. Sung yeol took that paper out and started reading it. He let out a deep sigh as he read.

and as hye ryeong woke up she saw something she didn’t expect, yoon’s  sleeping face , she  smiled at this sight, maybe it is a dream she thought, but as she observed, he was sleeping with his head held on the table, and the table which was supposed to be away from her was now at her side, what is he doing here ? she immediately jolted up to see that it was for real. She stood up as she tried to wake him up and ask,
“sunbae please get up” she said to him
“sunbae” she called him again as she patted on his shoulder, no use he didn’t wake up but he turned his head in other direction and revealed a paper which previously was beneath his face, it is a drawing hye ryeong thought, curiously she leaned over his shoulder to see what it was, it was her, her sleeping face, did he draw me ? and a smile crept on her face, she happily exited the room for a bath.

“ho jin, I want to meet the king, send that word to the palace secretly” sung yeol said to him as he can’t exit in the day light, his robe still not returned to him.
“why do you want to meet him ?” soo hyang asked sung yeol, and sung yeol explained to her what  he found out last night, to her and ho jin, knowing that their master will die was devastating for the, sung yeol dismissed them to have space of his own, if he is going to die, then what about yang sun ? he worried as soo hyang and jo sang left. Jo sang was about to leave to the palace when soo hyang stopped him
“I will go to the palace”
why ? ho jin wanted to ask, but soo hyang was already glaring at him as if she knew he was going to ask her that, so he stopped letting her go.

Hye ryeong returned after a while having her bath only to see yoon already woke up and left, the table was back at its original place and the drawing was not on top of it anymore, feeling little disappointed she took a seat at her table when she heard a maid speak
“majesty, you have a visitor”
“let them in” hye ryeong said and as the door opened it revealed soo hyang. Soo hyang made her greetings to hye ryeong and took a seat infront of hye ryeong
“how are you now majesty ?” soo hyang asked as she looked at hye ryeong ’s wound on her head,
“I am fine” so eun said as she touched that are where she hit her head that night, compared to any of the scars she already has in her heart this small injury doesn’t mean anything for her.
“why did you come here ?” hye ryeong asked her
“my master want  to meet with the king , I am here to deliver the news”
“then why did you visit me ?” hye ryeong asked her, if there
“I was a little worried and I wanted to apologize, I misunderstood you” soo hyang said, for she has been mean and didn’t give any respect hye ryeong deserved as a queen. Hye ryeong on the other hand was surprised that she is hearing that from soo hyang,
“well, it’s not like I have been understood better by anyone ever” hye ryeong said as an answer to soo hyang but she didn’t want to discuss more on that, “if there is nothing else, you may leave ”
“there is actually majesty” soo hyang said making hye ryeong question what
“a plan has been found for killing gwi and I thought you might want to hear it” soo hyang just wanted to deliver the news to her, she learnt that hye ryeong also despise gwi and it might be a good news to her, it was just another reason, but why soo hyang came for is just to greet her and apologize since she has been feeling guilty. And that news made hye ryeongs day once again, she told soo hyang that she will deliver the news to the king and after that soo hyang left. But as she left, one doubt crossed hye ryeongs mind, what if kim sung yeol will be mad at yoon for her action of stealing his black robe, I better apologize to him first. And with that thoughts she left the palace to kim sung yeols place. Jo sang who noticed her presence in their house he asked her and guided her to kim sung yeol’s room saying that sung yeol will arrive and asking her to wait. She took a seat across his sitting table when her eyes fell on one old book and a paper that was beneath it, curiously she took that paper out and started to read.

You have to find him a grave. Since he is not an ordinary vampire he can’t be burned and killed like others, he has to be burned in a grave made of hard wood. And the suitable place for that grave only the royals can find. This must be done by a royal who wants gwi dead.  Dressed in white the royal family has to search for a suitable place for grave of the vampire, they have to go search for it on a white horse, a horse that has already smelled the gwi’s blood. The guardian vampire must be served with maternal relation, his powers will increase ten folds by that of gwi, then he must fight him and lure him to that grave, and as the guardian vampire drinks gwi’s blood, his vampire powers will be gone once the guardian vampire drinks his blood. And as the vampire approaches the area, gwi has to be stabbed by a silver knife dripped in the royal’s blood, only then he will die. And as the last vampire dies, the guardian vampire will also lose his life since there will be no need for his existence.

and as it ended her eyes were all teary and her vision blurred, this means that the king has to die ? just then sung yeol came in
“why are you here ?” he asked her surprised that it was her not the king
“is this true ? please tell me it is not” she ran towards him crying showing the paper towards him, only then he realized that she read it, she read that there has to be some sacrifices, and the king was a part of it. A crying queen is something he didn’t expect of, though she resembled his myeong hee so much, she has been different, she was not kind hearted and loving as myeong hee was, or so he thought, this clearly meant that she is in love with the king and she is not so different from myeong hee.