PREP

Perfect Stranger

"Mr. Lee," Lee Shin and Jong Hyun were having breakfast. "So I read you're  into fishing recently. Loving it?"

"Hmmmm..." JongHyun  nodded. "The feeling is nice especially when you go early in the morning. The cool morning breeze is refreshing."

"So you rent a boat then?"

"Yeah. Can't  afford to buy one," JongHyun  laughed.

"Oh.. you can. You have those luxury cars. Boat is cheaper." Lee Shin teased. "By the way, "Ahm.... uh...." Lee Shin doesn't know where to start.

"Is there a problem?" Jong Hyun set down his spoon.

"I think I have to go home. Uhm...I have to settle things before...uhm... we..I mean..My family will grill me and pressure me to get you to meet them. You know..."

"Oh... Okay. Are you going to tell me now why you ran away from home?" He continued eating.

"One thing is arrange marriage and some other serious stuff. Soon you will understand. "

"Okay, I trust you. Uh... about us... I mean.. Uhmm. I'm  afraid that if you go home, You're family will force you into marriage." JongHyun  stammered but managed to say it.

Lee Shin snickered.  "If you  love me and trust me, you'll  find yourself  in trouble."

"What do you mean by that?" Jong Hyun  gawked  at Lee Shin.

"Take me fishing one time." she said instead.

"Sure. How about we go tomorrow. I have no schedule. You can go home in the evening. "

"Hmmmm... it's  a date then. Who knows when will I see you again."

JongHyun 's eyes narrowed. "Stop saying nonsense."

"Uh... I don't  have the proper outfit for fishing. Can I borrow your jacket. I don't  want to go shopping. Once my card gets  spotted. I don't  know what my brother will do."

"I'll buy you a jacket on my way home. Mine's are huge. It will swallow you up," Jong Hyun laughed.

Lee Shin rolled her eyes. "Fine. I know I am I am so tiny."

"I'm just teasing you okay," Jong Hyun got up from his chair and wrapped his arms around Lee Shin's waist. Back hugging her. "I've a practice  for maybe 4 hours. I'll see you later."

"Hmmmm... You take care." Lee Shin can't help but smile. Jong Hyun's extra sweet. It never crossed her mind that they will get back together and with marriage in minds.

When Lee Shin entered the house, her mom literally beat her with the newspaper she's holding. She ran around but her mom ran after her."You! How many times I told you to call us wherever you are!" her mom was shouting over her cries.
"I'm sorry mom. I am really not ready to go public." She decided to come home and settle everything before she and Jong Hyun appear to her parents.
"Wrap up your private life. You'll be introduce next meeting and you will be assuming office work as well."
"Mom! I can't give up my drawings." Lee Shin plopped on the couch.
"You have to learn to manage your time then. You'll start office next month. Your brother already arranged everything for you. Now tell me where have you been this past week." Her mom's voice screams authority.
Lee Shin made a disappointing sigh. "I was with your future son-in-law,"
"My.. what? Say it  again? Mei Lee Shin, is this your way of rebelling to your mom?"
"Nope. Everybody always wanted me to get married. You. Dad. Grandma. I'm giving you a heads up. There'll probably a Shin wedding this year. Who knows,"
"Mei Lee Shin, stop it." her mom repeated but she saw that her daughter was serious. "Okay, who's the unfortunate guy?"
"Mom?!" She pouted. "Lee Jong Hyun."
"Lee Jong Hyun? That idol? Hmm... I knew it that you both will be a good pair. I thought you guys broke up."
"Well, we both realized we still love each other," Lee Shin was open to her mom.
"Okay... Why didn't you just tell your brother? Why do you have to make us worry. Do you have any idea how the house was in chaos? When did this happened?" Her mom didn't gave her a chance to answer.
"I know mom. I'm sorry. I need to sort out myself as well."
"Don't mention this to Tae Min. He was worried and called us. We told him, you went overseas"
"Thanks mom. I want to take a rest. Wake me up when dad arrives please," Lee Shin walked towards her room and called Jong Hyun. He told him she went home earlier than they planned.
"Did they scold you?" Jong Hyun asked right away.
"Mom was pretty mad. She beat me with newspaper." Lee Shin laughed I told her about us. She.."
"What do ... You told your mom?" Jong Hyun didn't expect that from Lee Shin. "Uh... what did your mom said?"
"She was surprise at first but looks like she's okay with it. Where are you?"
"At the building. Hyung and I are trying to collaborate on something. Are you going out later this evening?"
"You want to go for a date?" Lee Shin teased.
"Uh... no... We might be working late night. I'll see you tomorrow morning?"
"Breakfast at your place? Sure. I'll drop by before I go see Chae Won."
"I'll see you tomorrow. Love you,"
"Loads."  Lee Shin giggled and hang up.

Jun Seong called Jong Hyun for a meet up and talk about Chae Won.
"Have you looked at it?" Jun Seong asked Jong Hyun. "I tried calling her but her phone was out of reach,"
"Jun Seong-ah, Did Chae Won say something about  me?"
"About you? Are you... Do you still like her? You said she's not your type." Jun Seong laughed.
"I guess first love never dies." Jong Hyun said seriously.
"You're joking right?" Jun Seong laughed. "You're not?"
Jong Hyun sighed." I thing I have to tell her everything,"
"Are you sure?" Jun Seong was doubting. "You really still like her."
"Jun Seong -ah, her name is not Chae Won,"
"What?" Jun Seong's eyes popped out. "What do you mean she's not Song Chae Won? What's her... Who is she then?"
"I have to confirm first. She said the signature is hers but she's using her bestfriend's name."
"What do you mean?"
Song Chae Won is a manhwa writer. Her best friend Lee Shin does the illustration for the manhwa. The one you met is Lee Shin. She went to our school but I have yet to confirm if the designs are really hers. She concealed her name. Jun Seong-ah, did you ever mention we know each other?"
"huh? No... Why?"
"She's the girl I was telling you."
"The girl? You mean... Are you... What a small world," Jun Seong hit his head and laughed.
"Oh.... I just did the math after my Busan concert when I saw her there but I haven't asked her about the design yet."
"Oh wow! In the end, huh,"
"Everything is kinda complicated for now but uhmmm.. just to let you know, we're uh... kinda starting off."
"Starting off? You mean you started dating? Now That was fast Lee Jong Hyun." Jun Seong commented. His face dropped. Disappointed.
"Long story. She might call you one of these days. Uhmm... can you not mention that we're friends. I'll tell her soon."
"Sure. Sure.. We can hang out together. How is that?" Jun Seong suggested.
"hmmmm.... I want to introduce her to all my friends. I hope she doesn't mind."
"She's nice person. I'm sure she won't. Ya... So you're inlove with a pretty girl. Always has a connection with Busan. So what does she really do aside from drawing?"
"She only does illustration. If you saw  Kim Hee Chul's book. She did the drawing. She also did some overseas project. As far as I know she studied overseas." Jong Hyun answered.
"Oh.... pretty smart. So does she speak english fluently?"
"Oh she is. She travels a lot."
"How did you met her?" Jun Seong was curious.
"In an accident. I was in an accident. She bumped me from rear."
"She'll be surprise once she finds out we're friends." Jun Seong commented. "Wait.. She doesn't have SNS?"
"She has but uh... she's not active I guess. She's not the techie person."
Jun Seong nodded."I lose this time. But bro, I'm happy for you. The girl you've been looking for years and your first love turned out to be just around you. Ah... speaking... so is she the one who gifted you that expensive watch?"
"I guess but I'm not sure. I haven't had the chance to ask her about the signature,"
"Wow! Oh... Is the feeling mutual?"
Jong Hyun blushed.
"Oh... It is, right?" Jun Seong teased. "Lucky Jong Hyun. Are you guys really dating now?"
Jong Hyun nodded.
"Ya! How could... When did this happened? Did you ..."
"For a while. We broke up and uh... we just got back together recently. I'm sorry Jun Seong-ah."
"You broke up and... Ya! You've been dating before?" Jun Seong was surprised to learned that Lee Shin and Jong Hyun dated before. "Bro, you have a lot of things to tell me. And what are you sorry for?"
"I know you said you like her. I  can't bring it to tell you."
"It's fine. I always had the feeling you like her. Let's talk again some time. Be sure to bring her along,"
If she's not busy."

"Hi!" Lee Shin waved at Jun Seong. She invited him for a coffee at the Class.
"Hi yourself. How are you?" Jun Seong pulled a chair.
"Great. Ah, I'll make you something. What do you want for drink? I suggest coffee. The crepes goes perfect with black coffee." Lee Shin got up.
"I'll have black coffee then,"
"I'll be right back," Lee Shin hopped away. She asked her barista to make Jun Seong's coffee. After few minutes she came back with her signature crepes. "For the handsome friend,"
"Oh.. wow!" Jun seong's eyes widened. "This is...."
"Crepes." Lee Shin finished.
"Crepes." Jun Seong repeated.
"Hmmm... I learned to make that when I went for a trip in Quebec. The crepes were so good that I tried hard to master it." Lee Shin grinned.
"Oh... You travel a lot?"
"Uh... not really. It was a graduation trip." Lee Shin managed to answer quickly. "You've instagram? I am assuming you're going to post that?"
"Why not? It's worth posting. You don't have instagram?" Jun Seong returned the question.
"Nah.. I don't have time for those. I have facebook though," Lee Shin answered.
"Oh... I remember Jong Hyun posting like this." Jun Seong commented and realized what he just uttered when he saw Lee Shin staring at him. "Ah... you know Lee Jong Hyun.."
"Busan boy. You went to his concert in Busan? Before the reunion party." Lee Shin was cautious with her words.
"Ah.. yeah.. I went with... with my friends." Jun Seong stammered.
"Jun Seong-ah, hmmmm, I asked you to meet me today because ahmmm.... we might  have lesser chance to meet again. I mean publicly. We can meet up some time but.. uh... well.."
What do you mean? Are you getting married?"" Jun Seong joked.
Lee Shin laughed. "Maybe."
"Comeon, your husband won't be that possessive is he?" Jun Seong's mind worked fast and thought of Jong Hyun. "Oh my God! He is?"
"Nah... but just letting you know. We can talk over the phone though."
"Hmmmm.... I'll be busy anyways. Promotions and all. Hmmm.... Can I call you sometime... Maybe we can hang out."
"Sure why not. I'm always here in the cafe saturday morning. I hang out with my bestfriend. You can join us."
"Sounds good. Count me in."
 

 

a/n: Let's keep cheering for our Lee Jong Hyun.