stress busting

Perfect Stranger

"you're coming to London with me," I told Jong Hyun. He just came back and I purposely waited for him. When I went home to tell my mother I'm going to London to sign a contract, she panicked. She is thinking again I am going to ran away. I cannot believe my mother. If I wanted to, I did it long time ago and have not to deal with this of fake and forced relationship I have with this idol. She insisted I bring Jong Hyun along. I fought with her and told her that he is busy filming but knowing my mother, she can pull strings to get what she wants. I have no choice.

"London? Why? I mean why am I coming with you?"

"Same reason why my mom  followed me to New York," I answered.

"I can't. I have filming and practices. I am busy,"

"I know. But you have no choice,"

"I am not coming and that's final," he walked away towards his bedroom.

I sighed. "We're leaving in 3 days. You have more than enough time to arrange your schedule,"

He turned around. " I am not going,"

"Suit yourself. I am not going to spoil this contract just because of some stupid idol," I said and got up.

"excuse me?" he retraced his step. "stupid idol? Miss Lee Shin. I am a musician. I.."

I cut him. "oh... then you should visit mr. webster. Oh.. google. Far as I know, a musician is a person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented. I'm not even sure you're qualified." damn I don't know why I said that. sure he's good at his guitar but I'm not impressed. "Look what you're doing? Filming dramas. That stupid gag show. we got married? So lame. Is that a musician? You tell me. You all idols are the same. At least Gdragon acknowledge himself as an idol," why the hell did I mentioned Gdragon?"

"Gdragon is an idol," Jong Hyun hissed.

"yeah. That bastard sure is..." I didn't finished my sentence. I felt myself pinned on the wall.

"He's older than you. Have at least respect." He roared.

I suddenly felt fear but I am trying to calm myself. "I respect people who respect other people. Respect? You don't know Gdragon,"

"And do you?" He did not released me. "And don't you dare look down on me. I am a musician. Much that I don't want to act on dramas, I have to. I am under agency and I am not in the position to say no. And We got married is not a lame show. You get to learn how married life is,"

"Oh... you're so called wife," my face darkened. I don't know why I don't like the idea of him being in the show. Maybe because it's the reason of the mess I'm in now.

"Listen to me," his gripped was on  my collar now. My fear heightened. Damn! I shouldn't have provoked him. "You made it clear that we shouldn't care what we do. Leave my career alone. I shouldn't have problem if you didn't came along."

I pushed him and kicked his shin. "If you were  smart enough, you should have done better than dragging me into the mess. Let me remind you, you're the one who started this. You should be grateful that I am trying to clean this up?" I said mocking. "Mr. Lee Jong Hyun, you better behave or you so called career will go down the drain." I walked to my room and slam the door. I am fuming. God! He started this whole mess and he's blaming me? The nerve!

 

I went out and flagged a taxi. I directed it to Mokdong Ice Rink. Jong hoon oppa saw me right away when I entered the locker room.

"what's a girl doing here?" he locked me in his arms. "it's been a while,"

"I miss you oppa." I feel like I am back to the old days. Park Jong Hoon  is my brother's  bestfriend. He's  Korea's  top hockey player. I learned my first  lesson from him. He's  a professional  player and  when  not on rink he manages the restaurant  he and my brother opened.

"I haven't seen you for 3, 4 years? Oh my.. Mei, you've  grown so beautiful. Any boyfriend yet?"

I rolled my eyes."Got extra sticks? I think I forgot my moves," I evade his question.

"oh... Sure. We're  having a friendly match in an hour. Jin, can you grab my extra stick. This little girl want to make some moves." Jong Hoon  asked his team mate. "So tell me how are you? I knew you went overseas for school."

"I just got back a month ago and mom is arranging my marriage," soon as I mentioned marriage Jong Hoon  oppa laughed out loud. "It's  not funny okay. Anyways. Life abroad was okay. I learned to be independent. I learned to earn my own bread."

"Your brother was very proud. Aside from this marriage plans what else keeping you busy?"

"Uh.. I just came from NY weeks ago. An author published her book and she invited me for the launching. I have a current project going and I am going to London in 3 days for a possible contract for a book," I beamed.

"wow looks like our baby girl is busy,"

"ah..huh..  and will you and oppa stop calling me baby girl," I whined. "I'm turning 25 soon. Duh... Oppa, you should get married and have a baby girl," I laughed. "Oh... I checked my locker. My stuff are still there. I just can't find my stick."

"Your brother made sure it was always clean and your skate sharpened. Oh... Kim Won Joong," Jong Hoon exclaimed. "You know him right? Kim Yuna's boyfriend."

"Kim Yuna, ice skater?" I clarified. Jong Hoon nodded. "I am not really updated with relationships whatever. I watched his last stint in olympic but I never knew she's dating,"

"Comeon, I'll introduce you to him." Jong Hoon skated to the rink and I followed him. "What's up?" the two guys bumped fist. "Won Joong, Mei Lee Shin. She's a monster in the ice. Uh... years ago," Jong Hoon oppa laughed.

"Nice to meet you," Kim Won Joong offered a hand shake.

I accepted the hand shake. "Pleasure to meet Kim Yuna's boyfriend,"

Kim Won Joong smiled.

"We'll just warm up. This girl wanted to bust a move. Stressed, I guess," Jong Hoon Oppa led me in the middle of the rink.

 We've been playing for a while when I noticed camera installed in the stands. "Are you recording this match?" I asked.

"Oh.. the cameras? Some TV show asked if they could film here. We got married something," Jong Hoon oppa answered nonchalantly. Looks like he doesn't like the idea.

We got married. Gosh! I wanted to scream. I hope it's not Jong Hyun and his wife.

"20 minutes and the whole gang will be here for warm up," Jong Hoon oppa motioned the time.

"Hyung!" one of the players came skating towards us. "Siwon hyung called. He can't make it. He had a sudden exam," he informed Jong Hoon oppa.

"It's okay. We still have enough players. Oh..." Jong Hoon oppa looked at me. "hey baby girl, wanna play? Like real one?"

"Oppa. It's.."

"Hyung, she's a girl," the younger one pointed out.

"I know. You haven't seen her play and it's a friendly match." Jong Hoon oppa said. "You up baby girl?"

"uuhmmm.. okay." I smiled.

"That's our baby girl. Show Jun Seo what you can do," Jong Hoon oppa put an arm around me. "Okay.. call the gang and let's warm up."

Jong Hoon oppa introduced me to both team and told them I'll be playing along. I heard groans. whistles. But most of them came up and acknowledged me and said it's their first time playing with a girl.

The  game started. I was at the  bench watching. I haven't watched a live hockey game for long time. The last time I watched was the NHL play off. A friend bugged me to accompany her to watch the game. And I enjoyed it. Watching it infront of you and the possible of playing for real in the ice excites me. The last time I played was 5 years ago. I was with Korean women's amateur hockey. We went up against Singapore. And we won that time. Jun Ha oppa and Jong Hoon oppa came with me for support. That's how I got my first car. My brother promised me a car if we win that game. My first car that uh... Tae Min owned now. He loved that vintage car. I'm not even sure if he's driving it. It's a five year old car now but Tae Min won't let it go. I heard that s about the car and he shut them up that it was his girlfriend's car.

I sat by the bench. I am not actually looking forward to play. I am a stand in. The game was not that fierce. I found out later that it was for charity. The stand was almost full. The We got married  crew that  Jong Hoon oppa mentioned earlier wasn't in the stands yet.

"Hey baby girl," Jong Hoon oppa called me. "You're time,"

I looked at him in surprise. "You're really letting me play?" I smirked.

"why not? Comeon,"

I put on my helmet and glided in to the rink. The whistle blew off. I don't know if my team wanted to test me as they kept passing the puck to me and our opponent surrounded me. They knew I am a girl.

"Show me what you got," one of our opponent smirked.

"I got nothing," I smiled and glided. I laughed as I saw the opponent all positioned  blocking me. My teammates aren't helping. I ducked the next person as I continued towards our goal. Like figure skating I turned gracefully with the puck still safely cradled in  my stick, then I glided and hit the puck straight to the net. All the boys infront of me turned towards the net. Then I feel all my team mates hugging me.

 

"Who was that?" an older man asked the person beside him. "He's too tiny to be playing,"

"Lee Shin,"

"Lee Shin," he nodded. "Lee Shin?" he turned to the person beside him. "You mean Shin Mei Lee? There's only one good hockey player named Lee Shin that I know."

"Uh huh. and we're watching the one and only Lee Shin."

"Holy smokes! What is she doing playing with men?" he exclaimed.

"Oh... yeah! You're her coach when she was playing."

"That girl. I haven't heard about her since she left the league. I  am going down to see her," he got up and made his way to the bench. The other man following him.

The players on the bench automatically got up and bowed as soon as they saw him.

"The great and might coach," their coach hugged the older man. "what are you doing here? Scouting?"

"You can say that. I support the charity," he smiled. "I didn't know you allow women to play men."

"Oh, that?  Jong Hoon let her play. One of our players didn't make it. You're interested? She's pretty good." the coach answered.

"Way too good."

The coach looked at him wondering what's in his mind. He called a time out.

I saw a familiar face when we skate to our bench. Our coach called a time out. "Coach?" I took off my helmet and  made my way to hug him.

"And what's a lady doing in a rink with all men?" he raised his brows.

I can see all the boys watching us.

"Stress busting." I laughed. "you know how hockey is,"

"It's nice seeing you again. So any plans to come and play with us again?"

"Huh?" I gaped at him. "Uh... Nah. I think I'm over."

"Over? And what do you call this? Playing with men. Are you trying to find a boyfriend?"

The boys laughed out loud.

"Please, her brother will kill me," Jong Hoon in.

"Alright. I saw you from the stand and I have to say hi. Now back to the rink." the old man motioned us all to go back.

 

Lee Jong Hyun POV

I was pissed off and mad when she said I am not even a musician. It hurt my ego. True I heard all the time that I am an idol but coming from her, I cannot just accept it. I do not know what got in me that I grabbed her and pinned her to the wall. I saw fear in her eyes but she tried to be brave. I was regretful when I heard the door slamming. I do not know what she hated most. I admit that I made the mess but she does not have to keep on slapping in my face that it was because of the show and the show was ridiculous.

I went out and drove to FNC building. I knew my band were still there practicing. I haven't parked yet when the president called me. I went straight to his office.

"Sir?"

"Lee Jong Hyun, you're going to London with your girlfriend," he said firmly.

My face turned dark. "What? Sir. Ok. Who is she that she can manipulate things? I have shooting to do and I can't afford to miss one day of shooting."

"I already talked to your producer and director. It will be just 3 days."

"Sir, can you at least be honest with me. Why does it look like your hands are tied when it comes to Lee Shin? Why can't you do anything?"

"Lee Jong Hyun, I hope you are learning from the mistake you did," The president didn't answer his question.

"I am not going to London," I insisted.

"You're not going to any filming as well. Might as well pack your things," the CEO said.

"Sir!" I shouted.

"You do what I say and come back with all your works. Now go home and pack. And let me remind you, don't try to fight with Lee Shin about this."

I just walked out and slammed the door behind me. I am so mad. I don't know what's going on. I have to find out who is Lee Shin that she can order things to the CEO to the point of cancelling my projects. I drove back to my apartment but Lee Shin wasn't home yet.

I have one filming to do today. We were told to go for a date and watch a hockey game. I showered and changed. I grabbed my thick coat and called my manager to pick me up. I have no idea about the place.

Seung Yeon and I met up in the lobby. The director brief us about the game and what to do. It's supposed to be a charity raising fund and a friendly match.

The area was nearly full. Our designated area was the only vacant. I held hands with Seung Yeon as we sat down. I never watched a hockey game before. I can't even skate. I can snow board but not ice skate. The game was on. We were told it was the last period. The  crowd were all cheering and screaming. We joined in. It's a very physical game. Slamming bodies here and there. Don't mention the sticks. I shivered just the thought of getting hit by the stick.

"Can you ice skate?" Seung yeon asked.

I turned to her and looked at her lovingly. "I tried it once. I can't. You?"

"No. I don't like too much physical sport,"

I directed my eyes back to the rink. The game's getting interesting. Then I heard screams. Someone was  pushed hard and was thrown meters away. I cringed. That must hurt. I do Judo and taekwondo but this game is no match. There's no way I am doing it.

"babygirl!" I heard a clear name. I almost laughed if not of the situation. So these players call their teammates. Babygirl? Homo? I saw someone whizzed his way to the player on the ice.

I can hear them clearly as we were on the second row.

"Baby girl," he took off the helmet. It's a girl.

I rubbed my eyes making sure my eyes. We had an argument earlier and my eyes might be playing on me. "Lee Shin!" It came out automatically from my mouth. Good thing it wasn't loud. I hope the camera didn't caught it.

"Lee Shin! Ya Mei Lee Shin!" I heard the player shouted. Her boyfriend? He called her babygirl earlier. The crowd blocked my visual.

Lee Shin got up with out a fuss. "That's the beauty of hockey," she  put on her helmet. "I'm fine. and oppa, will you stop calling me baby girl. Oh my gosh, even if I probably passed out I can hear you screaming baby girl," Lee Shin was pouting.

"Ya! Your brother will kill me if something happens to you. Now off to the bench," the guy was shouting.

"Duh! I didn't learn hockey for nothing."

"Miss Lee Shin, you might want to listen to Jong Hoon." I recognized Kim Won Joong. Oh my Gosh! Kim Yuna's boyfriend. I have to mention this to Yong Hwa Hyung.

"how about we make a bet, if I'll make a goal, we'll get Jong Hoon oppa to dress up like a girl in his restaurant?" Lee Shin was smiling wickedly.

"Ya! Mei Lee Shin!" Jong Hoon yelled.

The whole players hooted and shouted yes.

"Comeon Jong Hoon, it's just a game." Won Joong patted Jong Hoon. "Let' finish this up, Lee Shin."

The game resumed. My eyes were glued to Lee Shin. I almost forgot I was filming a show. I turned  to Seung Yeon and put my arms around her. "Uh... that must hurt,"

"Oppa, you know the girl?"

"Uhmmm," I was taken  in surprise by her question. I didn't expect her to ask. "I met her at the gym,". I'm glad she didn't recognized her.

The camera stopped rolling. The game finished. Lee Shin's team lose. I guess that Jong Hoon did it on purpose because of the  bet. I asked the director if it's okay to meet Kim Won Joong and Park  Joong Hoon. They allowed me to go down and met them personally.

 

a/n: This was originally posted during the Stanley cup play off, hence the touch of hockey.