Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger

"hey, uhm... I'm  going to your apartment." Lee Shin called Jong Hyun.

"Are you going right now?" JongHyun  asked.

"in half hour. Do you have time? If you're  busy, I'll  just pick up my stuff and leave."

"can you wait for me. I'll  probably be there in an hour."

"Ok. See you. Oh... Have you had lunch yet. I'll  make something then."

"I had something with the boys earlier. I appreciate a dinner though."

"OK. Make it two hours then. See you later," Lee Shin hang up.

Lee Shin decided to make dinner. It's the least she can do before leaving JongHyun's  apartment. She went for a grocery shopping and head out to JongHyun's  apartment. She took all her stuff to her car before preparing for dinner. It would be easier to just leave that way.

She was nearly done with dinner when JongHyun  came in.

"You cooked?" he dropped his keys on the counter.

"Why don't  you go wash up while I set the table," she said instead.

JongHyun  came out in fresh shorts and wife beater.

Lee Shin swore she was gawking and almost drooled at him.

"Do you have schedule later?" Lee Shin asked.

"I'm  done for the  day."

"I made something. I hope you like it," Lee Shin sat down.

"Hmmm... Impressive." Grilled steak with mushrooms and asparagus on sides. Mash potatoes and green salads. Red wine. "You're good at cooking." It was a compliment.

"I lived alone for years and I lived with 2 girls who can't cook. I ended up learning to cook to survive." Lee Shin said blushing.

"Your parents must be proud of you,"

"They are," Lee Shin said  softly. Her parents are proud of her but they cannot flaunt her openly.

Both started eating in silence.

"This taste good," Jonghyun  commented.

"Thanks. So.. uhhmmm..How was your day?"

"Tiring. I was glad I was able to get away this early today." Jong Hyun answered.

They finished their dinner quietly with just here and there Qand A.

 "I'm picking  all my stuffs today," Lee Shin said as she dries her hand after washing the dishes.

JongHyun  just nodded. "More wine?" He poured more on his glasses.

"Ahm, no." Lee Shin rejected it. She even barely touched her wine.

"Okay," Jong Hyun carried the two glasses to the living room. He sat down and handed Lee Shin her glass. "uhmm.. How are you? It's  been more than a month since you left"

"Grandma passed away. I have to go back home,"

"You're  grandmother  passed away?! You didn't  even tell me?" he was disappointed.

"She's my grandmother  not yours. You're  not a family." Lee Shin stated.

"For.. Sorry. How are now?"

"I miss her. I'm  keeping myself busy though."

"That's  good to hear. Why didn't  you tell me you wrote  Orange Marmalade?"

"What reason do I have to tell you. I didn't even  know you were casted."

"I thought you knew. Uhmmm.. That was uhm a good story. I read the webtoon. Its different from the play book.".

"I know. I wanted to kill Chae Won for allowing it to be  changed."

"Lee Shin-ah, can you be honest to me."

"hmm.. Are you..." Lee Shin looked up at him.

Jong Hyun  cut her."Just who the hell are you?"

"What do you mean by that?" Lee Shin looked at him.

"Gdragon. Park Jung Hoon. Shinee 's Onew, Kim JongHyun, Lee Tae Min. The heck do I know who's next. Who exactly  are you dating?"

Lee Shin snickered. "How did you know about those? Were  you stalking me?"

"I ran into you most of the... "

Lee Shin cut him.  "You were stalking me. What do you know?" She started to get flustered  knowing someone knew her secret. 

"Who are you that my CEO can pull me any time from my schedules?" JongHyun  started to get frustrated.

"Maybe your CEO's just afraid to get you into a scandal with all your project on the go," Lee Shin answered. "Hey.. princess." she scooped Shiro and cuddled on the couch while Tan jumped to Jong Hyun's lap. "I'm going to miss you princess." she kissed the puppy.

"You're always welcome here." Jong Hyun's tone changed.

Lee Shin eyed him. "And walk into you and your wife?"

Jong Hyun's brows furrowed. "My wife?"

Lee Shin ignored it. "Can we watch something? Oh... I haven't seen orange marmalade. Can we watch it?"

"Uh..." Jong Hyun was hesitant. "Better not."

"comeon. I want to see how was my Jung Jae Min." Lee Shin pouted.

Jong Hyun gave in. He browsed the first episode and ran it.

Both were silent until Lee shin started to comment on the acting. Jong Hyuun just kept smiling.

"Shiro, be still. Your daddy will be on the screen in few minutes," Lee Shin tried to keep Shiro on her lap. " Forward it to the saeguk part. I want to see it."

"You really want to watch that?" Jong Hyun hit pause. Lee shin nodded. The saeguk part had been running for few minutes already. Both were quiet. Lee Shin was watching intently while Jong Hyun was waiting for her reaction. Jong Hyun hit the next episode but still haven't heard from Lee Shin. She was focused on the screen.

"Oh... Shiro's asleep." Lee Shin pointed the sleeping pup in her lap.

"I'm taking them to their bed." Jong Hyun got up with Tan on his right arm.

"Good night Princess. Your daddy's tucking you." She unconsciously touched her tummy and kissed Shiro followed by Tan. "Good night handsome."

Jong Hyun took the two puppies to his room and  Lee hin was left watching alone.

When Jong Hyun came back, Lee Shin was falling on the arm rest. She was falling asleep. "Hey, you can take the bed  if you're that sleepy."

"Oh... " Lee Shin  opened her eyes and sat up. "No.. No... I wanna watch this....with you."

"Are you sure. You look sleepy. I'll make some tea." He covered Lee Shin with throw blanket which she wrapped around herself.

Lee Jong Hyun turned and stared at Lee Shin's back. He can't read what's in her mind. She's over friendly and quiet this time. He set the tray on the coffee table and sat on the single couch .

"Jong Hyun-ah," Lee Shin patted the space beside her.

Jong Hyun stared at her. He hesitated at first but got up eventually and sat beside Lee Shin.

"Jong Hyun-ah, I'm sorry for making your life miserable and complicated," Lee Shin pulled her legs together and hugged them under the blanket.

Jong Hyun was puzzled. What's she up to? "Lee Shin-ah, what.."

Lee Shin rested  her head on Jong Hyun's shoulder. "This will me my last time in your apartment and maybe the last time we see each other. I know that living here got you into a difficult spot. You can't even date and that I apologize in behalf of my mom. I should have fought harder then we don't have to be in this situation."

"Lee Shin-ah, it's something we can't avoid. You're the obedient daughter. I can see that. Don't make it hard on yourself." Jong'hyun's hands  unconsciously went around Lee Shin's shoulder and pulled her closer to rest on his chest. Lee Shin encircled her both arms around Jong Hyun's waist. Jong Hyun's mind became more puzzled with Lee Shin's actions.

"Hmmm....Jung Jae Min's acting is not bad. I guess I have a very high expectation,"

"Shinnie-ah," it came out naturally from Jong Hyun's mouth.

Lee Shin looked up. "Jong Hyun-ah. Please don't call me that."

"Hmm?" Jong Hyun himself started to get romantic with the atmosphere and their set up.

"My best friend gave me that name and only  them have the right to call me that." she explained

"Sorry." Jong Hyun kissed the top of her head.

Lee shin looked up at him. Their eyes met. Jong Hyun lifted her chin and looked into her eyes. He leaned forward and kissed her lips. she didn't pull away. Her eyes automatically closed as she relished the feel of his lips on hers.. Jong Hyun slipped his tongue into Lee Shin's mouth for a deeper kiss. He pulled her closer into his arms. Jong Hyun  began planting soft kisses on the rest of her face, slowly making her way to her neck and leaving a soft mark on the nook of her neck. Lee shin's arms s around his neck and deepen the kiss.

Jong Hyun parted the kiss and look straight into her eyes. "Lee Shin-ah, say something. I don't.. I mean.."

"shhh" Lee Shin placed her forefinger on his lips to stop him. "I'm okay. It's not like our first time. Let me have a memorable parting with you,"

"Lee Shin-ah, I.." Jong Hyun paused. He looked straight to Lee Shin's eyes. He slowly pushed her up in his embrace, kissing gently at first and started to get rough. They made their way into his bedroom without breaking the kiss, but had to stop the minute they hit the bed for some air. A swirl of emotion got to her when Jong Hyun had a firm grip on her hips and pulled her closer. Their bodies entangled together savoring the sweetness one could offer

 

Lee Shin slowly pushed the arms engulfing her whole body not to wake the sleeping soul beside her. She dressed quickly and silently. She sat by the bed studying the face of the sleeping soul in the bed. "So handsome. I hope baby will take after these features." she traced the eyes and nose on the air. "I wonder why I haven't fell inlove with you the time we were together. I'm sorry for the mess I brought to your life. I hope we will never cross path again," she bent down and brush a kiss on his cheek. She got up and left the house quietly.

It didn't escape that from Jong Hyun. He was wide awake before Lee Shin did. He was staring  at the  beautiful sleeping creature in his arms. It had been bogggling his mind why did he do it. Why did she allowed it? Why did they do it?

When he felt that Lee Shin was awake, he pretended to be asleep. He heard everything Lee Shin said. When she left, he got up right away and followed Lee Shin till she got into her car. Much that he wanted to follow her to her house, he have an early schedule.

He was about to pick his car keys when his eyes caught something at the coffee table. He took off his shoes and picked the folded paper.

            J,

            I sincerely apologize for making a mess in your life. It was my choice in the first place. I appreciate you for not making qualms about my staying in your  house. For  everything that happened between us, I do ask that you forget everything. We are hence both stranger in the first place. But to me you're the most perfect stranger I ever met.

            Good luck and all the best! - LS-

 

-----end?----