Japan Trip

Perfect Stranger

I became busy that I forgot about the Kang Jimin thing until Chae Won called me  to remind me of our Japan trip. Chae won will be flying a day earlier as she to be at the conference.

I spent the whole week in my room drawing. The mysterious Miss Kim emailed me the last part of her story. It is pretty impressive. It can be a kid's fairy tale bedtime story but it can warm and catch adult heart as well. I told her to give me a  month to finish it.

I received a phone call from a writer in London. Apparently, she saw Miss Sally's book and was interested to get my service.

I have to sent out the samples before I leave for Japan. I might not be able to do a thing while in Japan.

I haven't seen Jong Hyun for the whole week as well. I hear him comes in and he probably leaves while I'm still sleeping. I'll just have to leave a note before I leave for Japan.

I packed  my luggage before hitting the bed. I might get up late in the morning. My flight will be at night but who knows if I have time tomorrow"

I dragged my luggage to the check in. The girl at the counter looked at me but didn't asked any question. Who cares if she knows who  I am. I walked to the boarding gates and busied myself with my phone. It suddenly rang. Lee Jong Hyun. "did you see my note?"

"Note? What note?" he asked. Guess he didn't bother. Oh well, who cares.

"I left a note in the fridge. I'm going to Japan for 3 days incase your parents drops by,"

"You're going to Japan? well, I called to inform you I'm going to Japan as well. When are you going?"

"My flight's in an hour. I'll be in Tokyo."

"Are you in flight 402?" Jong Hyun asked.

I checked my boarding pass. "Uh.. yeah. Are you in the same plane?"

"Yeah. Where are you? We're in the lounge. Do you want to come over?"

"OK. Wanna say hi to your bandmate," I hang up and walked to the VIP lounge. I flashed my card and the lady let me in right away. I scanned the room. The four were busy with their phone. "Hi," The boys looked up. Their managers were eyeing at me as well.

"Oh, Miss Lee Shin." Yong Hwa pocketed his phone and got up to greet me. The two maknaes followed suit.  Jong Hyun just wave hand. "You're going somewhere?"

"Going to join my bestfriend for an anime conference in Tokyo. I heard you guys are heading the same way."

"Ohhh... You like animes?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Hmmm.." I nodded. I don't want to give away my identity. "how long will you be in Japan?" I whispered to Jong Hyun,"

"Four days."

"Noona, let's hang out sometime." Jung shin was so excited.

"Sure why not. Give me time and I'll look up the schedule," I smiled at Jung shin.

"hyung, we're free tomorrow evening right?" Jung Shin asked Yong hwa.

"Oh.. yeah... are you up?" Yong Hwa looked at me.

I mentally checked my schedule with Chae Won. The conference starts in the evening. We planned to roam around Tokyo in the morning. "sounds great. That's our flight. See you in Japan," I left them.

The hotel where Chae Won was staying was fully book because of the anime conference and it's near the venue. I booked myself in the middle of the City. It's easier to navigate that way.

 

I met up the boys for a dinner. The place is kinda secluded. There were few people. We were seated in a far corner table.

"How was your first day?" Jung Shin asked.

"It was good. I hang out with my bestfriend. We walked around Harajuku and hit the Ueno park."

"Ohhh... nice." Yong Hwa commented.

Yong Hwa ordered us some beers. Beer is not my bestfriend but I can't say no. Dang! It's my personality and I have to work on it.  One bottle turned 2, 3, and 4. That I really can't handle.

"noona?" Min Hyuk waved his hand infront of me.

"Huh?" I looked at him.

"You were spacing out," Yong Hwa said.

 

-flashback-

I met Chae won for breakfast. I asked her right away if she knew about the writer of the movie Twenty.

She looked down on her cup. "It's Kang Jimin," her tears started to fall.

I held her both hands. "What do you mean Kang Jimin? Our Kang Jimin?"

She squeezed back my hands. "I received a package on my birthday. I found it weird that it was posted nearby. I thought it was you playing jokes again. Turns out that Jimin had it time posted. The package contained the manuscript of the Movie. I sent the draft to one of the producers well, I didn't expect they'll like the story line."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I was already crying.

"I... I wanted to but we never had chance to talk like this. I became busy myself. Uhhh.. How did you find out?"

"I overheard Kim Woo Bin and the two talking about Kang Jimin and..." I pause. I can't let her know about Jong Hyun yet.

She nodded. "I am assuming as well that she sent a package to you. You moved out right?"

"What else was in the package?" I asked.

"A shirt she bought in Thailand,"

I smiled. Jimin's the sweetest to buy us all souvenirs. "I need the return address of the package. I'll go see how did it happened. I mean it's been 2 years,"

 

-end of flashback-

"noona, are you ok?" Min Hyuk asked again.

i smiled and nodded. "I'm fine," I slurred. "I have to go," I tried getting up but my knees gave me away and ended up knocking  my head on the table.

"Oh ! That's going to be blue tomorrow," Yong Hwa exclaimed. "Jong Hyun-ah, help her to her hotel..... No.. No.. Min Hyuk go get a taxi. We'll take her with us," The three boys gawked at him. "What? Would you rather get caught getting into hotel with a drunk girl alone? It's better to get caught with all of us. It will be easier to explain."

"She'll sleep in your room," Yong Hwa looked at Jong Hyun.

"My room? why..."

"She's your girlfriend or whatever. You lived in the same roof. There shouldn't be any problem," Yong Hwa said with authority.

"But..." Jong Hyun tried to complain but retracted. "Alright. I'll see you guys tomorrow," Jong Hyun walked back to his room. "Trouble maker," He made another glance to the girl lying in the bed before hitting the bathroom for a shower. The girl was still on the same position when he came out in fresh pyjamas. He slowly laid beside her and sleep took him away in few minutes.

I stirred. My head hurts. "damn beer," I cursed silently. I turned and was shocked to see another body beside me. My eyes went wild and instantly he checked if I am fully clothed. I sighed in relief. I slowly got out of the bed. I saw my purse was on the bedside table. I picked it up and turned to the sleeping soul in the bed. "Lee Jong Hyun?" Oh right! I was drinking with them last night," I reminded herself. I slowly put on her shoes and walked out of the room. I was lucky to find taxi just outside the hotel.

 

~~~~

Chae Won and I separated after lunch. The conference's going to start a little bit early because it's the last day. I decided to just go shopping. I just entered a store when my phone rang. "Hey," it was Jong Hyun.

"hey yourself. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"A little okay. Thank you for taking care of me last night,"

"How's your forehead?"

"Purplish. I hid it well."

"where are you?" he asked.

"Downtown."

"Ya! You're going... You don't know how to speak Japanese and you're in..."

He's tone was kind of mad and worried. "I speak English for your information." I cut him.

"Call me when you get back to your hotel," he said and hang up. I stared at my phone. What's with him? Suddenly concerned on my well being? I scoffed and continued walking. I walked out of the mall with my both hand carrying 3 bags each. I flagged a taxi and directed the driver to my hotel.

 

It's the first time in five years that Chae Won and I hang out the whole day. We've been reminiscing our past especially with Jimin.

"Jimin really wanted something like YG, SM.. that girl. She left even without starting one," I said bitterly trying to control the tears that's threatening to spill.

"Remember how she wanted us to travel all together when we are all stable."

 "I know and this was supposed to be the first destination and then Europe and then the Americas. If I should have known, I could have asked her to come and see me in the US,"

"Comeone, Shinnie," only two people calls me Shinnie. These two calls me with the name with so much endearment and love. Jimin and Chae Won. I never allowed other people to call me that. Even my brother Tae Min, he once called me Shinnie and I told him upfront that I don't like it.

"I am really curios about how you got the package. Who delivered.... Wait a minute here. You turned 25 right?" My brain started to work.

Chae won looked at me blankly. "Yeah. So... Oh holy crap!"

We were both on our feet and hugging each other.

"That rascal! Did she put it on a time delivery? Oh my God!" I exclaimed. "Holy... We did all time delivery for our 25th. Oh my God! Jimin's in two weeks." I remembered we did it when I turned 20. I was the last who turned 20.

"Holy.. what did you.. We've to be at her place on her birthday," Chae Won suggested.

"I forgot what I put in the box." That was five years ago. Five years ago when our friendship started to grow. "And what did I put for your birthday present? Did I sent you a birthday cake."

"I was about to be mad at you. Thanks to your five year old gift. It's a wedding dress design,"

My mouth formed an O. I laughed. Seriously? Oh my God! I can't believe this. "So when are you going to wear it?" I teased.

"It's horrible," she whispered and we both laughed.

"You know what let's get out of here before we'll be thrown out. I can see glares," I told her. We took our bill and left. We decided to walk around the electric town. We're no techie fan but just to feel it.

"Uhmmm... Have you heard from Jimin talking about that bastard?" I asked nonchalantly.

"We kind of talk about it once in a while but just passing. They became good friends." Chae Won answered.

"I stopped reading about him the day I found out about the Lie. I can't believe he'll do that." I started to lose mood with the topic.

"He was a good person.The only bad side he did was to claim the song himself,"

"That's what I am saying. He should have credited Jimin for that. Now the song is a legend. God! I so hate him hearing about his success and all. And him dating." I kicked the wall along the street. "ouch," That was stupid. But I was really mad.

"Let's forget about him huh. So any new guy?" Chae Won changed the topic. I shrugged. "Man! I really thought you made that crepe for Jong Hyun."

I rolled my eyes. I didn't comment on that. "And you? What's new with your love life? Should I start designing my bride's maid dress?"

"I can't date right now. I am busy with work I don't like men dumping me because I am working my off,"

"Oh my gosh! we're bestfriend," we both laughed and continued walking.

"hello," I answered my phone. I checked the incoming ID. Looks overseas. Maybe Miss sally.

"Miss Lee Shin?" it was not Miss Sally. The accent says European.

"Yes it is." I confirmed.

"Oh hi. I'm Julia Smith. I and my publisher went over your drawings. We were so impressed.  I would like to discuss a project with you. If you are interested we can discuss further,"

I was speechless. Wow! Project running one after the other. I am blessed. "Oh... uhm... Sure. I'd love to."

"Super! I'll email you your plane ticket and hotel tonight and We'll see you in a week,"

"Great!" I exclaimed. She bade goodbye and I hang up. "Guess what?!" Chae Won was looking at me with curiosity. "I'm going to have another project. I'm  going to London,"

"Oh my God!" Chae Won hugged me. "Congratulations! This deserve a toast," she pulled me to walk faster.