Five

If You

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a long time. Real life had gotten the better of me.

Do leave your comments down below as I love to hear your comment, 

And perhaps you can give me some ideas on how to continue this story.

Let's love GTae and TopYoon lots <3

 



 

~SEUNGHYUN~

 

 

 

Using the passcode that I desperately begged (perhaps threatened was the best word to use though) from the little panda, I barged inside Jiyong’s luxurious apartment. It was time for me to take action and pulled that pathetic man out from his depressive bubbles. Jiyong had to stop acting like a teenage girl who just suffered her first break up.

 

I didn’t mean to ridicule his separation with Taeyeon. Gosh… That was the last thing I wanted to do. I fully understood that breaking up , ultimately a heart wrenching experience but it wasn’t like Jiyong never face any bad break up before. His track records with Kiko had proven otherwise. They had broken up and made up for so many times that I, myself found to have lost count.

 

Nevertheless, no matter how madly in love he was with Kiko, having to cut ties for the umpteenth times never failed to make him function in real life.  He’d still portray his happy-go-luck charm, partied like there was no tomorrow, had a one night stand with countless of women and absolutely prioritize his work over anything.

 

But the collapse of his relationship with Taeyeon had changed him tremendously. Jiyong seemed to have lost it and cooped up in his apartment, hiding away his feeble self from the world and drown himself with sorrow.

 

And as a friend and the eldest of the group, I couldn’t bare to see him destroy himself just like that. I had to try and do something for him.

 

The apartment was dark. The place looked like a pigsty. Clothes were thrown everywhere on the floors, multiple bottles of alcohol were left on the table in the living room, the ash tray was flooded with cigarette buds and hell, the smell of the apartment could definitely kill.

 

At first I expected to see him unconscious or drunk on the black leather sofa but he was nowhere to be found. My feet lead their way to his work room as I had a hunch that he would spend time in his so-called man-cave and I took a deep sigh of relief when the door was unlocked.

 

“Jiyong-ah…” I called out, opening the door slowly.

 

There was no answer and it scared me so much that it made the inside of my stomach churned and twirled in the most unexpected ways. Deep in my heart I prayed so hard that he wouldn’t do drug anymore and died from overdose. Jiyong can be unpredictable after all when he switched on his emo-mode.

 

I stepped inside the room and looked for the switch to turn on the light.

 

“!” I let out a scream when I saw him wrapped around his white blanket, sitting in front of his keyboard. I guessed my life span had shortened for around 10 years courtesy of Jiyong.

 

“Dude…what the hell are you doing?” I crossed the room and took a seat on the sofa arranged beside the keyboard. “You could just answer when I call, not just sit here like a freaking ghost.”

 

Regardless of the words spurting like bullets fired from a machine gun, I didn’t get even a single reaction from Jiyong. The younger lad in front of me continued to stay mum.

 

Silence slowly crept in and only the sound of the clock ticking could be heard.

 

“Stop acting like you’re all that drama queen of the year. It’s a sore to the eyes.” I finally broke the silence, anticipating his response. Jiyong always fell short on provocation and calling him drama queen would surely get some feedbacks, as he hated being called as one.

 

Jiyong took a moment before he answered. “You should know better than to call me a drama queen, hyung. I most definitely am not.”

 

“Really? And here I though your majesty the drama queen had graced me with his presence. You do remember that we have a comeback to prepare right?” I retorted, my voice hinted with sarcasm.

 

“I do remember.” Jiyong firmly attested.

 

I raised both of my hands up in the air. “Praise the God for that.” My gaze wandered around and I saw a lot of white papers laid everywhere on the floor. I picked up one out of curiosity.

 

“Wow, you wrote this song?” I asked after I carefully read the lyrics. It was a song entitled ‘If You’. The song was full of angst, telling a tale about two people who had broken up and about the weight of sadness that came with it. Both were suffering, struggling and at one point, they wondered if it’s not too late, can’t they get back together.

 

“Yup. It’s for our comeback.”

 

“It’s hauntingly beautiful.” I commented.

 

The more I tried to digest the lyrics, the more I came to realize it was about Jiyong and Taeyeon. I considered Jiyong as a genius who can compose songs just about everything if given the right materials and inspirations. And giving the circumstances and Taeyeon as his muse, the result was flawless.

 

Although I was satisfied with his work, there was a part of me who suddenly remembered the tears that flooded Taeyeon’s pretty face the night she went to pick Yoona up. 

 

“Is…is Jiyong back together with Kiko?”

 

That one question popped up almost immediately. Out of curiosity, I was eager to ask, but I didn’t want to step my boundaries. There were a fine line between being concern and a busybody. I didn’t one to come off as the latter.

 

“Hey…” I started off. “Do you mind if I ask you something?” I probed even further.

 

“Sure. Just shoot.” Jiyong replied, his hand was writing something on his notepad. Perhaps he was getting some new inspirations.

 

My lower lip that was once moistened began to feel dry. The words that I’d been contemplating to ask were out of the blue stuck inside my throat. I gulped and took a deep breath.

 

“Are you…”

 

“Are you what, hyung?” Jiyong asked when I made no sign of continuing.

 

“AreyouandKikobacktogether?” I blurted out the words as fast as I can.

 

Jiyong stopped writing instantaneously, put down his pen and diverted his gaze straight at me. His brown eyes were inundated with question marks.

 

“Excuse me?” his voice raised a bar, surprised by my question. “Am I hearing you right?”

 

I put down the paper with the ‘If You’ lyrics and sighed. “It is what it is. You heard me. I’m asking you straightforwardly and I’m expecting an honest answer from you.”

 

Instead of giving me an answer, Jiyong burst out laughing like a mad man. “Gosh, Tabi hyung. What rubbish are you talking about?”

 

“It’s not rubbish, Ji. I’m serious here. Are you or are you not back together with Kiko?”

 

“Of course no. You know I love Taeyeon. She’s my one and only, hyung.”

 

Judging from his answer, I figured Jiyong was telling the truth. If he did get back together with Kiko, the whole Nuthang crews would be spreading the hype and buzz all over our circles of friend. But I didn’t hear anything about them made up, so it was safe to say, Taeyeon had misunderstood.

 

“Then, tell that to Taeyeon.” I said, earning another questioning look from Jiyong. “She thought that you’ve made up with Kiko.”

 

“Huh? Why did she even think that way?” Jiyong appeared furious, his face flush.

 

“Hell if I know. She asked me about it last week, when she came to NB Club to pick Yoona up.”

 

“Dammit! This is so ed up!” Jiyong shouted. “She must had seen me with Kiko in the private room. Oh, ! How could I even clear up this mess.” He stood up and began pacing back and forth in front me.

 

“I think I should call her.” Jiyong rummaged through the piles of paper on his table to find his phone. He began dialing her number but based on the disappointment on his face, I believed Taeyeon wasn’t picking up his call. I could sense also that Jiyong’s rage meter was reaching its maximum level.

 

“Hey…calm down.” I tried to reason. “For once, give her some space. If you continue pushing her on the edge like this, I fear there’s no way you could get back together with Taeyeon.”

 

“But hyung….”

 

“Just listen to me, Jiyong. I’ll help you with her but right now, leave her alone. She’s having a comeback after this, even her solo is nearing. So please, just for this one time. Listen to my advice.”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“I have my own resource.” I gave him a smirk.

 

 


 

 

~YOONA~

 

 

“No biggie, Yoong…Oh…and don’t forget to call Seunghyun oppa and tell him you’re alright. He’s worry sick about you...”

 

“Seunghyun oppa? Why?”

 

“You silly girl. He was the one who called me to pick you up. Apparently you had a drinking session with him last night.”

 

 

Each time the conservation popped up inside my mind, I felt like banging my head against the wall. I scorned myself on how stupid I was for asking Choi Seunghyun, my so-called, self-proclaimed mortal enemy out for what could had been the most embarrassing moment of my life.

 

Heck, what on earth did I say to him? Did I talk crap? Did he know about my break up with Seunggi? Did I do something that I was gonna regret for the rest of my life in front of him?

 

And the most important question was why in the lion heart did I ask him to accompany me that night?

 

I couldn’t recall my conversation with him no matter how hard I tried. Even so, I believed I did something unimaginable, but I didn’t know what was it. Should I ask him? But…. it’d be damn awkward if I did something odd.

 

What should I do????

 

“Yoong!!!”

 

Did I have his phone number somewhere?

 

“Yah! Im Yoona!”

 

Buk!

 

I felt something soft hitting my head, snapping me straight into the real world. I looked at the fluffy soft pillow that fell on my right side. I glanced at it before giving Yuri a deadly stare.

 

“What was that for?” I growled.

 

Yuri sighed at my response. “Are you gonna eat that last piece of pizza?” She motioned at the pepperoni pizza on my plate.

 

We were filming our comeback mv; Lion Heart and one of the scenes involved all eight of us enjoying pizza while watching the television. Sunny had long left since she had to go for her radio show. Sooyoung and Tiffany went to their magazines’ photoshoot while Hyoyeon was going to take Seohyun and Taeyeon out for a girl’s night out. Only Yuri and I stayed behind because we were the last ones to film our scene.

 

“Nope. You can have it.”

 

“Seriously?” Yuri looked at me with disbelief. Rarely would I share my food with her because I’ll always finish them up since I was the renowned shikshin in the group.

 

I nodded and gave the plate of pizza to Yuri. She took it and munched it in silence as I grabbed my phone from my handbag and began searching for Choi Seunghyun’s number. After a moment, I came to a conclusion that his number was nowhere to be found in my phone.

 

Go figure! Of course I wouldn't have Seunghyun's number. I hated him, remember? So why would I save his number?

 

I sighed dejectedly and that had gained Yuri’s attention.

 

“Hey, Yoong. Are you okay?” I could hear how concern Yuri was from her tone.

 

“I’m…I’m fine.” I said as I put down my phone on my lap.

 

“You know, your answer doesn’t sound reassuring to me.” Yuri commented.

 

I appreciated how Yuri was always so solicitous about the welfare of others around her. It was one of her main charms actually. But I decided to keep my break up news from the rest of the members and Taeyeon respected my decision.  It wasn't the right time to blow the horn, especially since we were going to get busier from now on. I didn’t want them to worry.

 

“I’m fine, Yul. Like really fine.” I said and then it hit me that Yuri would have Choi Seunghyun’s number. She could be the solver to my problem.

 

It was a well-known fact that Yuri was close with Bigbang’s members especially since she dated Taeyang before and used to attend the same university as Seungri. Though Yuri was still kinda awkward when she met Taeyang, Seunghyun was like an older brother to her. She definitely had his number.

 

“Yul…” I called softly.

 

“Yes…”

 

“Can I ask something?”

 

“Sure. Ask away.”

 

“Do you have Choi Seunghyun’s number?”

 

That did it. Yuri spitted out the water that she was drinking and gave me a dumbfounded look. I quickly grabbed some tissues and gave them to her. Yuri grabbed them from me and wiped the liquid away.

 

“Ew…Yul. That’s so gross.” I said.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, before she threw the tissues towards me. “Yah! It’s your fault, you dummy!”

 

“How so?” I asked innocently.

 

“Duh…You. Im Yoona, asking for Choi Seunghyun’s number… Which part of those didn’t spell out of the world to you? You both are like oil and water.”

 

I bit my lower lips. What Yuri said did have a tinge of truth. Seunghyun and I, we were your so-called Tom and Jerry, always finding faults and tried our best to annoy one another with each possible meeting. No one dare to leave us alone in one room for they realized we’d burnt the room down with our rage and none of us would get out of the fire alive.

 

“Okay…I did say something absurd.” I said in agreement. “But please ignore the fact we hated one another and give me his number. I know you have it, Yul.”

 

“Why should I? Yah! Are you trying to harass Seunghyun oppa on the phone? Goodness gracious, Yoong. What mess are you guys into now?”

 

“What? Harassment? No, heck no!” I strongly denied but Yuri didn’t seem to buy my denial. “I just need Seunghyun’s phone number for something.”

 

“And…what is that something?” Yuri queried, obviously interested to know the reason behind it.

 

“Something…As in something. Urgh…. Do you want to give his bloody number or not?” I grumbled harshly when I saw how Yuri was enjoying her interrogation.

 

Yuri started to laugh excitedly. “Okay…okay. Geez! Since when you’re so grumpy, Yoong? Are you PMSing?”

 

“Yul!!” I shushed her quickly, irritated at her reaction.

 

But Yuri continued her laughing madness as I slumped myself on the sofa, having a hard time to control my temper.

 

Choi Seunghyun, I hate you for making me do this stupid thing! Urghhhh!!!