My Love Is Here To Stay

My Love Is Here To Stay

I want to apologize for not updating for such a long time. I have thesis to complete and research can be a huge pain sometimes. Just managed to squeeze some time to destress and decided to update a short chappie. So sorry if i have disappointed you guys. Will try to update more often as soon as i finish my exams. Thank you so much for reading/commenting/subscribing.

L.O.V.E you guys~!


 

The ballroom was filled with people dressed in their best attire, holding up their wine glasses. Heechul stood at one of the corners of the room as he watched his brother being congratulated on his wedding and being harassed by the ahjummah. Minzy looked gorgeous in her long sequined maroon dress with her hair made up into an elegant knot. She's a perfect amtch for Kibummie, he thought.

“You should join the crowd.” Heechul heard someone say. His smile widened when he saw his father approaching him. “It's good to mingle around once in a while, son."

Heechul hung his head down, still smiling. “Yeah, appa. I’m sure it is.”

“Come on Chullie you sound like a middle aged man who lost his life.” Heechul’s father commented.

Heechul just looked at his father meaningfully with raised eyebrows.

“Okay,okay..fine.” his father said tucking his hands into his pockets as he watched Kibum laughing with the guests along with his newlywed wife. “I’m so thankful to god that Kibum found Minzy. If only you too..”

“Appa, please don’t bring that up.” Heechul said cutting his father’s words off.

“But..”

“No, please.” Heechul said in a pleading voice.

Sighing Heechul’s father shook his head with disappointment. “I’m going to get another drink.” He said, leaving.

Heechul watched his father make his way to the drinks as he shook hands with the guests along the way. Nodding and smiling at their congratulatory words. Heechul knew his appa wasn’t entirely happy and it hurt him that he’s the reason for the sadness in his father’s heart.

“Hello, Heechul.”

Heechul froze as soon as he heard the voice. No, it can’t be, he thought as he swirled his head around.

“Hi.” He heard Siwon say. “It has been a long time.”

****

Hankyung’s gaze fell on Heechul as soon as he entered the grand ballroom. Unknowingly, a smile appeared on his face when he saw Heechul standing at a corner, watching his brother. He stepped forward to have a word with him but stopped when he saw Heechul’s father approach him. Hankyung then walked over to talk to Kibum but kept a close eye on Heechul. As soon as Heechul’s father left, Hankyung saw another man approaching Heechul and from the reaction that Heechul gave, Hankyung was pretty sure that Heechul wasn’t happy to see that man. Who is he?

****

“Si..Siwon? What are doing here?” Heechul asked, trying to calm his nerves down. He realized that he was standing a little too close to Siwon and took a step back.

“Honouring an invitation.” Siwon answered with a loop-sided smile as he tilted his head.

“Who invited you?” Heechul asked. His heart was beating uncontrollably fast and he knew that it wasn’t a good sign but his curiosity has got him chained to the spot he stood.

“Minzy’s father.” Siwon answered. “He and Sooyoung’s appa are sort of friends. Sooyoung’s appa couldn’t make it, so i came instead.”

Heechul realized that it wasn’t a good idea for him to stick around. Seeing Siwon after all these years and being so close to him didn't feel good. He pulled himself together and took a deep breath. “Oh, i see. I hope you have a good time.” He said, turning around to leave when Siwon grabbed hold of his fist.

“Not so fast Chullie.”

Heechul swallowed hard as he felt a jolt in heart. Clenching his jaw he shook Siwon’s grasp off. “Look Siwon i would love to stay and chat but i have other, more important guests whom i have to entertain.”

“Come on Heechul, we both know you hate crowded, noisy social gatherings.” Siwon remarked.

This crowded, noisy social gathering happens to be my brother’s wedding. I can make an exception.” Heechul retorted.

Siwon, instead of responding to Heechul, stared into his eyes intensely. Heechul felt blood rush to his face. Damn!

“You haven’t changed a bit.” Siwon said in a low voice.

“I can’t say the same about you, unfortunately. Now, if you’ll excuse me...” Heechul said as he turned around again to leave only to be stopped by Siwon’s muscular arm. Siwon stepped in front of Heechul, leaving only a few inches between them.

“I missed you.” Heechul heard Siwon whisper. For some unknown reason it made him sick in his stomach to hear those words come from Siwon’s mouth. Heechul himself was surprised by the way he felt.

“Get out of the way Siwon. I don’t want to make a scene.” Heechul hissed.

“I just want to talk to you.”

“We have got absolutely nothing to talk about. Please leave me alone. “ Heechul said, trying hold back his temper.

“You heard him. I think you should leave.” Heechul heard a vaguely familiar voice with a strong foreign accent say. He looked over Siwon’s shoulder and saw the owner of the voice.

“And you are?” Siwon asked, clearly annoyed.

Hankyung, Heechul remembered.

“Who i am, is none of your business buddy.” Hankyung said as he pulled Heechul to his side. “He, on the other hand, is my business.”

Heechul looked up at Hankyung with confusion. What’s going on?

Siwon moved his gaze from Hankyung to Heechul who was still trying to make sense out of the situation. “We will talk again, Chullie. Soon.” Siwon said as he left, looking at Hankyung with a murderous glare.

“Is he gone?” Heechul asked.

“Yeah.”

“Then, can you please let go of my arm?”

“Oh, i’m sorry. Did i grip you too hard?” Hankyung asked, frowning.

“No, but what the hell was that?” Heechul asked, crossing his arms. “Are you crazy? What were you thinking?”

“Well, it’s nice to see you again too.” Hankyung remarked.

“I’m serious.” Heechul said with a straight face.

Hankyung drew a deep breath. “I was watching you and i saw that guy..”

“Siwon. His name is Siwon. And why were watching me? What are you? A stalker?” Heechul cut in.

“I was just..anyway, i saw Siwon was upsetting you and i asked Kibum who he is. Kibum told me that..” Hankyung said, his sentence trailing off.

“What? That he’s my ex-boyfriend who dumped me and got married to a women?” Heechul asked, irritated. Why the hell did i say that out loud? Heechul was completely confused about his behaviour tonight. First he wanted to throw up hearing Siwon's words and now this?

Hankyung nodded hesitantly. “And frankly you looked like you could use some help, so..”

Heaving a sigh Heechul rubbed his forehead. “So you decided to jump in and save me from my creepy ex.”

“He’s creepy?” Hankyung asked, lifting his eyebrows.

Heechul doubled up and pressed his knees. “Ugh..I need to get drunk.” He said and headed towards the bar. He then halted and turned around, “Want to join me, stalker?” he asked Hankyung.

Hankyung lips formed a smile at Heechul’s invitation. “Sure.” He said nodding.

 


That was a very short update. Hoping to update a longer one soon.^_^

 

dr_elf15