Chapter 6

Scarred
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m home!” Himari cheerfully exclaimed, still a bit giddy because of what happened at the library.

 

She waited for her mother’s reply which didn’t came. She frowned a bit. Her mother is already home. She saw her car outside. She continued walking up to the kitchen where her mom is usually when she gets home. And she’s right, her mom’s there.

 

“Mom?”

 

As soon as her mother heard her, she was immediately welcomed by a tight embrace. Though she’s surprised, she managed to return the hug. They stayed still for at least a minute.

 

Then, she broke the silence. “What’s happening?”

 

Her mother let go. She placed her hands on her shoulders and stared at her. “Listen to me Himari.”

 

She looked at her mom with confusion but nodded. 

 

“No matter what happens, you’ll stay with me, okay?” 

 

A hint of anxiety hit her. Her eyes widened. “Why?”

 

“Just promise me you’ll stay with me.”

 

She looked down her feet and inhaled. 

 

Her mother conceived her out of wedlock. But in her seventeen years of existence, she never felt unloved. Her parents did their best to be good ones. She knew how much they love her. 

 

But she doesn’t know how much her parents love each other. Or if they even love each other.

 

But she doesn’t lose hope. Because she believes that they’re a family. A family loves even though things aren’t understandable. A family loves even though things are unacceptable. A family loves even though everything’s falling apart. Perhaps, her parents doesn’t love each other. But she knew they love her. And that’s what keeping them together.

 

She’ll give them more love to make them love her more. She’ll be their bridge. She’ll be the attachment that would make them stay in this family even if things are hard.

 

She’s also hoping that by doing those, her parents will learn to love each other too.

 

She could do it. She believed she can.

 

But right now, could she still do that? Now that the time wherein she’s going to choose from the two is coming?

 

She can’t. She knew she can’t.

 

 


“Where’s Yuya?” Himari asked as soon as she reached the the spot where they eat in the garden.

 

Hayate shrugged. “I haven’t seen him this morning.”

 

She sat down in front her best friend and placed down a plate of cheesecake. She saw Hayate eyeing it so she immediately pulled the plate away him. “Don’t you dare.”

 

“I’m not doing anything yet!” Hayate protested.

 

She chuckled and poked his cheek. “But I know that look.”

 

He pushed her finger away. “And I know that you know how much I like cheesecake.”

 

She grinned. “And I know that you know how much I love teasing you.”

 

He leaned forward then winked. “I know that you know how much I love you even though you’re so mean to me.”

 

“I know that you know how much I love you too even if you’re mean to me too.”

 

They both smiled at each other and started eating. And as expected, Hayate took a piece of her cake. She didn’t mind it that much though.

 

Suddenly, she thought of Yuya. “Do you think he’s sick?”

 

Hayate looked at her with a teasing grin. “Concerned?”

 

“Of course!” She exclaimed. “He’s our friend.”

 

“I’ll share you a secret.”

 

She tilted her head sideward. “What?”

 

“Yuya has a crush on you.”

 

She felt her cheeks burn. She knew it’s not true. But the thought of Yuya liking her too...

 

She heard Hayate laughed. She immediately glared at him. “Hayate!”

 

He continued laughing. “You’re blushing!”

 

“I’m not!” She leaned forward and pushed her best friend’s face. 

 

He moved away and covered his face with his arms. “But don’t worry. I’m telling the truth. When did I lie to you?”

 

She stopped and plopped down her chair. Hayate always says the truth. He never lied to her. Joked, yes. But lied? No. She shot him a look. “You’re joking.”

 

He grinned. “I am.”

 

She felt her cheeks flush again because of both embarrassment and irritation. She couldn’t believe that she almost believe this guy. “I really hate you!”

 

Hayate continued laughing which made

Please log in to read the full chapter