Chapter 2

Scarred
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yuya rolled his pen over the test questionnaire and waited until it stops. ‘Letter C.’ He took his pen and wrote his answer on the answer sheet. After that, he looked at the next part of the exam.

 

A soft groan escaped from his lips. He glanced at the calculator beside his hand and back at the computation part of the exam. ‘What is the use of a calculator if I don’t know how to solve these?’

 

And just like before, he wrote something to answer the remaining questions.

 

He looked at the wall clock and grinned to himself. He wanted to laugh at himself, actually. He finished answering Math in just fifteen minutes? Unbelievable. But for a guy like him who depended on luck during examinations, it’s not new.

 

He spent the remaining time doodling things on his clean scratch paper.

 

“Time’s up.” The teacher stood up from the chair in front and started roaming around to get the test papers. “Pass your papers now.”

 

The whole class started talking, creating a loud noise. Yuya waited for his teacher to take the paper on his hand. When his teacher got his paper, he immediately grabbed his bag. He was about to stand up when his teacher placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

He looked up his teacher and saw his furrowed brows and narrowed eyes behind the eyeglasses. “Sir?”

 

“You call this an answer sheet?” The teacher’s voice raised, reducing the noise of his classmates. His teachers put down his paper back on his desk.

 

He looked at his answers on the last part. He saw the smileys and emojis he drew earlier. He furrowed his brows and stared back at his teacher. He had been doing that since he encountered letters in Math. So, what’s the problem now?

 

“What?” His teacher shot up his brow.

 

“What, sir?” he asked back. What does this teacher want him to do?

 

“Answer it,” his teacher ignored the irritated tone he had and pointed his answer sheet. “I won’t let you go home unless you finish this.”

 

He faced his paper and pressed his lips together. At the moment, he wants to return his paper and just escape his old teacher but it might lead him to something more complicated. He sighed and took his pen and calculator to answer it.

 

‘So troublesome.’ He glanced at his teacher who’s walking back toward the teacher’s table. He glanced around and saw some of his classmates looking at him but going out of the room after a while.

 

He read the question and felt a bit of frustration. How can he solve this is he can’t even understand the question. ‘Seriously, I hate Math!’

 

 


A red capital ‘F’ was expected on Yuya’s paper. What he didn’t expect was that his teacher will require him to attend boring extra classes in Math every dismissal. He tried rejecting it and talking about it with his teacher but the only answer he got was, “Takaki, your grades are critically low. I won’t give you a failing grade this quarter but you have to attend extra classes. I don’t want my students failing my subject.”

 

He yawned and scratched the back of his head while staring at his teacher who’s patiently showing all of them who are attending the extra Math class the correct way of solving a certain equation. He knew it was a bit basic. He remembered he already encountered in two years ago, when he was in grade 9. However, he still doesn’t understand it.

 

“Did you understan

Please log in to read the full chapter