Chapter 5

Scarred
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yuya watched Himari as she took in the piece of the second chocolate cake she’s eating for lunch, not minding all the postulates and theorems she’s teaching him. He leaned forward and rested his head on his arms and stared at Himari.

 

“Hey! Don’t sleep!” Himari pouted a bit and grabbed the collar of his uniform to pull him up.

 

“I’m not sleeping!” He sat up straight and looked at her.

 

She shook her head and continued teaching him. “So, if these sides are equal, then the other sides are too.”

 

He rested his elbow on the wooden table and placed his chin on his hand. He stared at her again. 

 

He’d been hanging out with her and her best friend for a while now. The time was enough for him to know a lot of things about her. First, her mother is a pastry chef while her father is working at a company. She and Hayate are so close but the guy has only been her best friend three years ago. She’s an achiever and she’s weirdly in love with Mathematics. She loves staying at the grassy place where they first met. She loves eating sweets whenever she’s stressed. She’s really attractive because of her simplicity... And he’s attracted. 

 

“Melting my best friend again?” 

 

And Hayate knows it.

 

He looked at the guy standing beside him, grinning at him and raising a brow. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the orange juice the guy is holding.

 

Hayate laughed and sat down the seat opposite him. “Just kidding.”

 

He knew why Himari is really close with Hayate even though they’re just best friend for two. Hayate may be pissing off people at times but he has this ability to make people like him. He is also hot-headed when someone who isn’t his friend pissed him. But he’s a good person. His mom is a psychologist and his father is a surgeon who is currently working abroad right now. Though his parents are both doctors, the guy doesn’t want to be like them.

 

Yuya spent his whole lunch listening to what Himari was teaching while Hayate spent his whole lunch distracting the two.

 


 

Yuya sighed as soon as he finished answering the long quiz given by his Math teacher. He’s still having a hard time with this subject and he still hates it. But at least, he can answer some questions now.

 

As soon as they passed all the papers forward, someone tapped his back. He turned around and saw Taiki. “Why?”

 

“Do you already have a partner in our research project in Science?” the class president asked.

 

“Nope,” he answered.

 

“Want to be my partner?” Taiki smiled and hopefully looked at him.

 

If Taiki asked him that before, he would surely disagree. He doesn’t want having friends. He doesn’t want to be comfortable with anyone other than his mother. He doesn’t know why.

 

Of course, that’s a lie. He knows why. But he doesn’t want to admit it.

 

But when he met Himari and Hayate, he somehow saw the good side of being attached to people. He admired their friendship. He saw them going at the grassy places together, studying at the library together, helping each other or simply, a

Please log in to read the full chapter