Is this, the end of my life?

My Daughter and I

Today, I will bring her meet her parents at the airport. When we were waiting at the exits, I asked her something.

"Nami, do you have phone with you?" I asked that silly question because I never see her brought her phone anywhere. So, I was so curious about that.

"I have" she took it out from her pocket and showed it to me. "Why, papa?"

"I just curious about you because I never saw you brought your phone along. Shall we exchange our number?" I said and she nodded. She gave me her phone and I save my number in her contact list. Both of us took some pictures and used it as a call image. I have one and she had hers.

After a while, I saw her parents were walking toward us. I brought her to them and she hugged her mother happily. Then, I saw her father. Her father looked so young and this is the first time I saw him.

"Thank you Hangeng for taking care of our child" her father said.

"You're welcome" I said and let out a smile.

"So, are you going somewhere? Or do you want to follow us back?" her father invited me. I was shy to say 'okay' but in the same time if I don't, then how can I go back? So I just say "Actually I don't have any plan after this and I'm afraid that Mr. and Mrs. Woo will be not comfortable when I'm around"

"No, it’s okay. You can come with us though" he said.

"Thank you" I replied with a smile and followed them.


I finally at home and I walked to Nami's room. I called her name and opened the door "Nami…" Then I saw there was no one in her room except for her things. I forget that she already stayed with her parents. Real parents and not me anymore.

Suddenly, I heard a knock from the front door. I opened and I saw Nami and Mrs. Woo.

"Yes?" I asked and Nami ran toward me and hugged me tightly.

"Nami wants to stay with you longer, is it okay with you?" she said.

"What?" my eyes widened after I heard what did just Mrs. Woo had said. "I'm okay with it but I'm afraid that Mr. Woo will mad at me because of this"

"He was the one who asked me to send Nami to you" Mrs. Woo said.

"Okay then. I would love too" I said and Mrs Woo thanked me and walked back home. Okay, Nami you're with me now. Time to play prank!

"You!" I shouted and point at her "come-here-now!" I said and she shook her head for not coming nearer to me.

"Punishment time" I said and try to catch her but she disappeared from my sight. Okay this girl sure was good at hiding. "Nami, Woo Nami. Where are you my little Nami" I said while looking around for her. Crap! She was nowhere to be seen and suddenly I heard sound from her room. So, I guess she hide herself in her room.

I opened the door and saw the curtain was flying away, the window was wide opened. I looked outside and Nami was not there. I turned and looked at the closet and opened it. She was not there. I came out from her room and I heard the same sound but this time it was from the first floor. Did she go there?

I climbed up the stairs and the sound getting louder and louder. Next to me was a door to a store. I opened and cocked my head into it. I saw Nami was looking for something. Then, she saw some notebooks that still new.

"Nami, what are you doing here?" I asked her and she dropped the book from her hand.

"Sorry. I supposed not to touch this entire thing in the first place" she said and she looked so guilty for touching my things. I came in and looked into the boxes. It was my old things where I don't really need them anymore but I still kept it because it was still in a good condition and never used it.

"It's okay" I said and picked up the book on the floor and gave it to her. "You want this right? I said while handling to her. She nodded, although the book looked really old but it was still in a good condition. "Nami, I gave this to you but promise me that you won't lose it or tear it. It was one of my precious collections and I gave it to you so that you can take care of it properly" I said and sat beside her on the floor.

 

 

"I will. Thank you" she said and flipped the pages one by one. "But why all the pages were empty?" she asked me and put it back on the floor.

"It is because I'd never used it"

"Why?"

"I don't have any intention to write on it as a diary or note. It just that I don't felt to" I replied and we kept silent. "Let's go, it was already past 10 and you need some sleep. You have school tomorrow"

Both of us went downstairs. We went to our own room and I can't get my sleep. Something was blocking for getting me to sleep. Finally, I saw everything was black, is this, the end of my life?


Sorry for the late update. I was busy with my other stories. So, I hope you enjoy reading 'My Daughter and I'