Teddy bear and Barbie doll ^^

My Daughter and I

 

We were like the whole day walking around the town. Don’t mention it, it was really exhausted.  When I was walking with her, I found out something different. I felt that I want to have a children like Nami. Playing around together, hitting each other, carries him or her in a piggy back way. But when I looked into her eyes, she makes me want to take care of her. I don’t know why and we just met yesterday. I feel like knowing for more than 1 year.

I stopped at this one junction and looked around either it is safe to cross or not. But then I saw Nami was looking at the window beside her. I looked at her direction and it was a Barbie doll set. The new edition and most popular in the world.

“Nami ah, do you want the Barbie doll?” I asked while squatting beside her.

“I-err…. No” she said in a low voice.

“Tell me, you do really want the toy, right? Don’t worry, I won’t bite if you say it”

“Y-yeah”

So, she does really want the doll. Aww, this kid look so cute.  I held her hands and walked inside the shop. I bought her the new edition of Barbie doll set and a giant white fluffy teddy bear for her. Then, when I was about to pay it, she pulled at the end of my shirt.

“Uncle, that teddy bear is so expensive. I don’t want to burden you to buy me those kinds of toys” she said while her eyes looking at the teddy bear.

Err, is she really a kid? The way she talks really unexpected. She just so young. I ignored her question for a while and asked the promoter to wrap the teddy bear with a transparent wrapping paper.

After a while, Nami still kept silence and the promoter went back with the wrapped teddy bear with a ribbon tied at the ends. I took the giant teddy bear and gave it to Nami. Now I can reply her.

“Nevermind, I gave this as your presents for accompanying me walking down town. You really like teddy bears, aren’t you?”

She nodded and smiled at me. She tried to carry the teddy bear but in the end the teddy bear fell to the ground. It was so heavy that she could not make to carry it. I let a small laugh, looking at her cuteness.

“Let me take this for you. You just carry this” I said handling the plastic bag contains of her Barbie doll set. “Should we go back now? It’s almost turn to 6 already” I said.

She just nodded and “thank you for the presents”


 

We finally reached home, I pressed the door bell and I saw Mrs. Woo came out from the house.

“Oh? What is with this, Nami? Where do you get the money to buy it?” she asked.

“No, I’m the one who bought it. Don’t scold her” I said.

“I see. Well, sorry for burdened you to buy all this.”

“No, no. It’s okay. I’m the one who willing to buy it. She didn’t ask to. Well, I think I should make a move now. I think my parents already waiting for me. Thank you for letting me brought Nami to the town”

“Sure. Send my regards to your parents”

“No problem”

I left Nami’s house and headed to mine. I unlocked the door and I saw that mom and dad wasn’t at home yet. So, I just cleaned myself before they reach home first.

I felt so tired, exhausted and many more. But in the same time I felt so happy to bring Nami along. Suddenly appear in my mind causing me to sit up on the bed. I look outside the window. Stare at it blankly. This is something make me curious about Nami. She was not like a usual kid that I have met before.

‘Hmmm… who is she? I better to get know her better’


Here. Another update, there will be a few chapter moving on and this story will be complete. I don't mind if you didn't subscribe but I would love to see your comments. After Hello There Boy ! finish, I'll be transfering this story to 'My Short Story'. So, you can read this story there^^