The girl that I met

My Daughter and I

 

It was so bored so I thought of just having a breeze walk. Okay, that’s doesn’t seem to be right. It’s already turned to 8 o’clock in the night. Nah, nevermind. Just have a 30 minute walk just to kill my boredom.

When I was looking around my house area, I accidentally stepped inside the playground. It seems like the playground was busy. Doesn’t make sense, it’s already 8 in the night. Hello kids, aren’t you guys go back home already? It’s already dark and not safes for all of you to play outside anymore.

What can I do? They won’t hear. By the way, their mothers or something like elders are there to accompany them. Back to original thoughts, I saw this one girl playing at the see-saw alone. And why there is no kids want to play with her? I think this girl is around 5 to 7 years old? Maybe or maybe not?

When I was examining her, she accidentally fell to the ground from the see-saw seats. Not thinking twice, I ran towards her. I helped her up and seems she was not crying. Just rubbing the bump behind her head. Amazing…

“Xiǎo háizi, nǐ méishì ba? Xiǎoxīn xià yīcì.” I said rubbing all the sand from the clothes and looked at her.

(Little kid, are you okay? Be careful next time)

“Wǒ…” said the girl without finishing her words and just end it with a nod.

I was looking around to look for her parents or guidance. But there was no sign presence of them. So, I let out a soft sigh and looked at her back while squatting on the ground. She looks so sad and I can see her eyes start to watery.

“Seems, like you are a strong girl, huh? You didn’t even cry like usual kids used to be.” I said and I remembered that I have a lollipop inside my pocket. So, I took it out and gave it to her.

“Here, have this. I think this is enough for you to be stronger” I said and smiled at her.

She replied my with a smile and she really looks like an angel. Are you a god messenger? I’ve never seen you before and I think you are not from China. Nevermind, why would I ask a kid this kind of question since that she doesn’t really understand Chinese words.

Wait. She replied me in Chinese just now. How can she understand Chinese if she was not from here. I stopped thinking that kind of thoughts and start to talk to her.

“Where do you live?”

The girl didn’t reply and still the lollipop that I’d just gave. She pointed at this one direction and looked at it. Okay, wait! Is that my house next to her? Okay, okay. Hangeng, calm down. My eyes blinked for so many times and the girl looked at me with some random curious face. I turned back facing her.

“Ah, I forgot to ask your name, what is your name sweetie?”

“My name is Woo Nami”

“Nami… hmm, nice name.” I said and something 'pop' in my mind. Wait, Woo Nami. Isn’t that Korean name? If I’m not mistaken. Yeah, it’s a Korean name. So, she is a Korean. I think she is a mix blood or maybe just moved to China.

“I’ll sent you back” I held her hand she still the lollipop. She just followed my order. But then, if not I’m the one who talks to her first maybe she can be kidnapped at this time. And she just a little girl.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Both of us still walking and once we reached her house I press the door bell. Yeah, exactly beside mine. The weird thing is, I never knew that she lived just beside my house. Then, a lady around 30’s come out from her house.

“Owh, Nami ah. Neo eodisseo?” said her. I just looked at both of them and right. I can’t understand what she was saying. Of course, it’s a Korean language.

Then, Nami’s mom or should I call her Mrs. Woo? Look up and open . Try to say something.

“Thank you for bringing my daughter back home” she said. Okay, she said in mandarin. I wouldn’t expect that she talked with me in mandarin. I was curious about Nami so I asked Mrs. Woo.

“Erm, sorry for asking.”

“Yes?”

“Are both of you were Koreans?”

“Yes, we are”

“Then, how can you speak mandarin fluently?”

“We learned mandarin before we moved here. And our great grandparents were Chinese. And they usually lives here.” She explained. And I just nodded and looked at Nami.

“Can I bring her out tomorrow morning? Just now, she was playing alone so, I thought if accompanied her to some interesting places around the town.” I said pleading for the feedback.

“Sure. No problem. What time is it?” said Mrs. Woo

“Tomorrow morning”

“Okay. Anyway, thank you for sending Nami back.”

“You’re welcome”

The door closed and I walk back to my house. It’s already 10.00 o’clock in the night. I locked the door, since my parents won’t be coming back tonight. Alone again.

-The next morning-

It’s already 8.30 a.m. I woke up and cleaned myself. I feel like so excited because I want to see Nami again. I wore a simple outfit and walks to the front door. I pressed the door bell and they came out from the house.

Nami was still in a curious mode. She doesn’t know why she was outside of the house with those kinds of clothes that usually small kids wear. Mrs. Woo told us that, we must be back before 6 in the evening. So, I just nodded my head and held her hand.

Nami still looking outside the cab. Wondering where I’ll be taking her. Obviously it was written on her face. Now, the cab stopped exactly in front of the shop that I asked him to.  Both of us stood inside the shop and I ordered two large cone of ice-cream and paid it. I gave the ice-cream and Nami’s expression change to happy. Yeah, kids does like ice-cream vey much.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is just a short story, it will end up soon. Hope you enjoy reading my fanfics~^^