Become a father on the first day

My Daughter and I

 

Years already passed and she looked so different right now. Not like the cute Nami before. When I was watching my favourite movie, I heard a knock from the door. I looked at the cctv screen and it was Mrs. Woo. I opened the door and let her in.

“Morning Mrs. Woo, how can I help you?” I said.

“Oh, Hangeng…”

“Before that, here have a sit. I’ll make you some drinks” I invited.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll be here just for a while. I already spoke to your parents. They were outstation right?”

“Yes”

“My husband and I will be going to U.S for 2 weeks and I need somebody that I can trust to take care of Nami. All of our family members were not in China right now” she said and searching for something in her handbag. After a while, there was an envelope. She handed it to me. I opened and it was money. My eyes widened when I see a lot of money in the envelope.

“But, I don’t need this” I handed in back. Mrs. Woo refused to take it back and let it in my hand.

“No, this is for Nami. We gave this so that you can arrange for Nami’s thing. And this one is for you, as a reward” Then the envelope contains about 4,004,677.69 Yuan the second envelope that she had handed to me contains, 2,001,551.23 Yuan.

“But, this is a lot” I said while holding the envelopes.

“No, it’s okay. Today, Nami’s school asks the students parents to come. Discuss about their reports. I hope you can come, representing me. You should be there by 10. I shall go now. Thank you, Hangeng” she said before leaving.

I closed the door and look at the envelope that I was holding. I stared at it blankly, and I don’t know what I should do with this money. I walked in my room and put it inside the safety box, incase if my house is being robbed, the money should be safe then. Geez, it was cashed!

It was 45 minutes past 9. I quickly prepared myself and grabbed my wallet and handphone with me. I headed to Nami’s school with my parents car. It was 20 minutes journey from my house.

Finally I’m there. I don’t know where to go but just walked to the security post.

“Excuse me, where can I find class 4 – 1 – 1?” I said. The security guard showed me the way and I thanked him for telling it. I walked to the direction that he said and I saw a board, written there was 4 – 1 – 1. So maybe, this is the class. I opened the door and hoped inside. There were couple of parents and I feel uncomfortable with it, especially, the mothers. I hope that they won’t think about me the opposite way.

I stood behind and a moment later, the door was sliding and a few of girls came in. I saw Nami with her friends but she didn’t realize my appearance and sat at her table. I just stood there, waiting and waiting. The girls were chit-chatting while taking a look at me. Nami seems to be not interested in what they were saying. Suddenly, she turned back and…

“Uncle!” she ran towards me. Her friends were curious but they just can say “uncle?” They remained quiet and looked at us. Maybe, they thought that Nami had an uncle who was young. Huhu~

“What are you doing here? She said, standing in front of me.

“You know that your parents were outstation? So, I’m in charge in taking care of you” I said while her hair.

“Yes I know. Really? So you will be staying with me?” she clapped her hand softly.

“Ah-ha and you will be staying AT MY house, is that clear?” I said, purposely emphasized the word. She glared at me and stuck her tongue out.

“Uncle, you don’t have to emphasize the word evilly. I already understand”

“So, I’ll be your father for two weeks. You need to call me Papa” I said while pointing at her forehead. She grinned, earning a glare from her.

“Papa de ài” I chuckled, looking at her cute reaction. Then, her teacher called her name. I came in front with Nami.

“Morning, teacher”

“Good morning. So you are her father” I gulped hearing the word ‘father’.

“No, I’m her uncle”

“I see. Here is the report” she handed it to me. I opened it and saw all the marks. Incredible! She scored above 95.

“Oh” that is just what I can say. “How is she in school? Is she behaving?”

“She is. Everything was good. Right, Nami?” she said, looking at her. Nami was sitting beside me and nodded. “I wonder, she was being passive all the time. When I ask a question, almost all of them raised their hands but Nami seems to be not interested. I was worried if she has a problem or something”

I stopped for a while, and then I looked at Nami. “Do you have any problem? Is there something bothering you at home?” she shakes her head and looked down. “Maybe she was shy to answer it. Nami is a shy kid, so she will try to avoid from people to reduce her awkwardness.

Her teacher nodded “I see. Anyway, Nami is a clever student. She was really well performing. I hope she can maintain her results. Thank you for coming.”

“You’re welcome” I said and held her hands. She went to her seats and grabbed all her things with her. We head back and finally arrived at my house. I unlocked my door and walks in. I dropped my body on the couch, lied down for a while.

“Being a father sure are hard” I said, raising my head while my arms were wide opened, looking at Nami who was sitting at the dining table.

“I guess so” she said putting her hand under her chin. “Papa, should we go out later on. Ah, I didn’t take my clothes yet”

“We’ll take now, because you need to change. Take your bath as well. Let’s go” I said, sitting up on the couch and then walked to the door.


Sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoy reading 'My Daughter and I'