Cook fried rice and planning to go out

My Daughter and I

 

Both of us went to her house to take some clothes and her things. I took out Mrs. Woo house keys and unlocked the door.

“Nami, you want me to help you with your things?”

“Help me to pack it” I just followed her to her room. I saw a big luggage and brought it down from the upper closet. Nami took out her clothes, pants and everything from her closet and folded it nicely. I helped her fold and arrange her clothes properly in the luggage.

Even though, our house just next door. Mrs. Woo didn’t allow Nami, to leave her in the house alone. So I decided to bring her stay in my house. Now I remember, in this 2 weeks, my parents were not around and just the both of us whom were living in that house. Hangeng, you really have a short-term memory.

“Papa, can I take my school things along?”

“Sure. It will be easier for you to do your homework’s” I said and she stands, walking to the study table. She took all her exercise book and her stationary as well.

“It feels like we are moving to a new house” I said while packing her clothes.

“Sure it does. Is there any news from eomma and appa?” she asked.

“Eomma?” I stopped from packing and looked at her.

“Ah, my mom and dad” Korean speaking! [>.<]

“No news from them” I continued packing her things. Then, she came and continues packing.

“Finally, we’re done!” I said and high five with her. She rubbed away her sweats and stood up. “Let me take this” I said carrying her luggage “You just take your school things with you” I continued.

“Okay”

Both of us went out from the house and I locked the door back. We put her things in her room. Luckily our house had a guest room if not Nami have to sleep with me. Huhu~

 “Here’s your room, if you want anything just ask okay?” I said.

“Thank you, papa” she said smiling at me with her angel smile.


After we settled everything, I cooked Nami’s my famous Beijing fried rice. Totally, I’m pro at it. Then, I heard some footsteps when I turned I saw Nami just a part from me causing me to shout like hell.

“Woo Nami! You’re getting me a heart attack!” I said and ran toward to catch her. “Come here, you little kid, need some punishment for making me shocked”.

She ran away and stuck her tongue out. “Nah, you can’t catch me” she said. Aish, this girl really… suddenly I smelled something burning.

“Papa, what smell is this? Were you cooking just now?” she said. Oh! Now I remember, I was cooking my fried rice just now.

“NO!!!!!” I screamed and ran towards the stove, switching it off. I turned and leaned myself at the kitchen cabinet. I let out a sighed in relieved. I raised my head and saw Nami was sitting at the dining table.

“Papa, everything is fine?” she said in a worry tone.

“Yup, everything is okay here. I need to cook fried rice” I said and prepared the ingredients for my next Beijing fried rice. “You want to help me?” I asked her, chopping the vegetables.

“Sure!” she said excitedly.

“Okay, come here” I said and grabbed another apron from the drawer and wear it on her. I turned her around and tied the lace into a ribbon shape.

“First, you need to wash the other vegetables first. There…” I said pointing at the vegetables inside the basket. “Okay, go” She followed my order and washed it.

Both of us enjoyed our time cooking the fried rice. The fried rice was done and I served it. We ate and she commented..

“This fried rice was delicious! I didn’t know that papa can cook” she said and chuckled.

“Don’t laugh when you were eating. You think that woman only can cook? You really look down on me huh? I said and raised my eyebrow, mocking her as if.

“Méiyǒu” (no) she said.

“Then?”

“It is just that man who can cook, I really respect them. Usually, those works is supposed to be done by woman but some of them man can settle it” she explained. I swallowed my saliva looking at how she explained it to me.


Days already passed and tomorrow are the last day where Nami will stay with me. Her parents will be arriving at the airport at 2 in the afternoon. Somehow, I felt so sad. She just lived next to my door. So, I went to her room and knocked on it.

“Nami, what are you doing?” I said and I saw she was studying. I took a chair and sat next to her.

“Oh, papa. Sorry, I was concentrating on my studies. Exam will be next week on Monday” she said.

“I see. I thought of asking you to go out with me today. Since you were studying so I should not disturb you.” I said and she looked at the clock, hanging next to her.

“We can go at 5 o’clock” she said.

“Is it okay?” I asked. I’m afraid that she will be not well performing if I ask her out.

“It is okay” she said and continued doing her exercise. I took a looked at her doing the exercise and it was Maths! I hate maths. It was so hard. I’ve experienced having an F for the subject. It was really frustrated.

I just walked out from the room and sat on the couch watching the television. I don’t know what to do and I saw Shinhwa was performing ‘Only One’. Just looked at dancing skills, really make me amazed with them.


Enjoy^^ Sorry for the grammar or spelling mistakes...