Super Show 2 !

My Daughter and I

 

[Nami / Xiah Yee]

-December 2001-

When I woke up, it was already end of the year of 2001. I've known her for such a long time. I cleaned myself and went for an audition under a label of SM Entertainment. I refused to go at first but my friends who are the one to persuade me to go for an audition. The audition was called H.O.T CHINA Audition Casting. The competition rate was 3000 to 1 and it was impossible for me to be chosen. I went for an audition without of Nami knowing it. Should I tell her or not?

-2003-

Nami is now 14 and already called as a teenager but she still live in the same house with me. Tomorrow is the day where Nami will be celebrating her birthday and I WILL be moving to Korea right after I graduated my college. This is the thing that haunted me since 1999. I didn't expect that I'll be moving to another world which was far from Nami.

Luckily Nami was staying with her parents so I have chances to go out and buy her birthday presents. I went down town and I saw there were some shops that attracted me to go in.


-Nami's POV-

I knocked on the door and I saw papa was not around. Maybe he was out for something. Well, college man I guess. I went to my room to take my books and I felt like want to get in papa's room.

I opened the door and I saw some backpacks and luggage beside his bed. I wonder where he is going with those begs. Without thinking any of them, I locked the house door and went back to my house. I can't wait for tomorrow. It was my best day for this year!


-Hankyung's POV-

Finally I reached home and I'm done with Nami's present. It was wrapped nicely and I kept it in the closet. I took a glance at my luggage and backpacks. It was not at the same position. Did Nami enter my room when I was not in the house? No! Please no. I hope not.

-The next day-

"Happy birthday Nami!" some of the girls wished her birthday. Nami waited at the entrance and the event was held in a hotel. At first, she was happy that many of her friends attend her party but after they went in, Nami's expression changed into worry.

'It was already past 10 and another 2 hours this party will be end soon' she thought. Then, he father stood beside her.

"Who are you looking for Nami?" he asked.

"I'm looking for Hangeng papa. He's still not here. This party will be end up soon" she said in a worry tone. Then, her father gave her a paper begs.

"Here. Have a look" he said. Nami took the paper beg and opened it. She saw a beautiful box and took it out. She untied the ribbon and opened the cover. She saw a cell phone and a phone strap. The phone strap had a lot pictures of Hankyung and her. The pictures were hanging between one another. Nami opened the phone contact list and Hankyung was the first name to come out.

"When did he give this to you?" Nami asked her father. Her father let out a heavy sigh.

"This morning. He did come here before you and he asked me to give this to you." He said.

"What?" Nami was shocked and he immediately dialed Hankyung's number. The first called was been rejected and she tried for the seconds. Finally he answered. "Papa, where are you? You promised me to attend my birthday party?" Nami asked.

"Sorry, I can't. I'm sorry Nami. I'll be back. Wait for papa okay?" then there was no reply from Nami but suddenly Hankyung heard some sobs. He pulled his phone from his ears because he can't stand to see or to hear Nami's crying. "Happy birthday Nami, I hope I won't be too late. See you soon" Hankyung said and he hangs his phone first.

"You still can see him before his departure" her father said, try to comfort her.

"No. It's already too late" she said and rubbed away her tears. Her expression then changed into happy, try not to think about the past and kept on moving forward. Like what Hankyung said to her when she was 10.


-12 December 2009-

Tick - Tock - Tick - Tock. Time was moving so fast and now I'm facing the world of being a singer. It has been almost 7 years since I left Nami in China. Now I’m 25, Nami should be 17? Woah, it has been a long time I didn’t contact her. I’d been busy for these past few years with Super Junior. And now I’m in Nanjing, performing Super Show 2 for our next country in China after Bangkok.

-At backstage-

I really hope that Nami will attend to this concert but it was impossible.  She was in Beijing, I think. I heard that she moved to Beijing after I left Heilongjiang. The crowd was getting louder and it’s time to rock on the stage again.

-On the stage-

Currently perform Don't Don and I heard the fans were doing their fanchant, looking at the Sapphire Blue Pearl Ocean formed when they lit up the lightsticks. After some of the songs were already performed, we used to be doing of solo. I quickly changed because next will be my solo time.

A moment later, the concert crew knocked on the door and asked me to be prepared in a few minutes. So, after done with makeup and so on, I went on the stage and sing 'Betrayal'.

Yu bu ting luo xia lai,
Hua zen me dou bu kai,
Jin guan wo xi xin guan gai ni shuo bu ai jiu bu ai,
Wo yi ge ren xin shang bei ai,
Ai zhi sheng xia wu nai,
Wo yi zhi bu yuan zai qu cai,
Gang qin shang hei jian zhi jian yong yuan dou jia zhe kong bai,
Que le yi kuai jiu bu jing cai,
*Jin jin xiang yi de xin ru he Say Goodbye,
Ni bi wo qing chu hai yao wo shuo ming bai,
Ai tai shen hui rang ren feng kuang de yong gan,
Wo yong bei pan zi ji wan cheng ni de qi dai,
Ba shou fang kai bu wen yi ju Say Goodbye,
Dang zuo zui hou yi ci dui ni de ni ai,
Leng leng qing qing dan dan jin hou dou bu guan,
Zhi yao ni neng yu kuai*,
Xin you yi ju gan kai,
Wo hai neng gou gen shui dui bai,
Zai ni guan shang men zhi qian ti wo zai hui tou kan kan,
Na xie pian duan hai zai bu zai.
 
[Translation]
 
Rain falls continuously
Why doesn't the flower bloom?
Despite my careful watering you just say you won't love and don't love
I watch and appreciate the sorrow alone
Love is left with only helplessness
I kept refusing to guess
White emptiness will always fill the gap between the black keys of the piano
Missing a pieceit can never be exciting
*How can two hearts that rely on one another say goodbye
You know better than I do, yet you still want me to say it
Loving so deeply can make people crazily courageous
I betray myself to reach your expectations
Letting go, not asking anything, and say goodbye
Let it be the last indulgence I give you
Coldly, drearily, mildly (I) will no longer watch (over you)
As long as you can be happy*
(My) hearth as only one regret
Who can I still ask to?
Before you close the doorlook back again for me
to see if (our) snippets are still there 

 

The fans were singing with me as well and went I looked straight in front, the girls were shouting my name and I saw Nami was waving at me. Wait did I see Nami just now? I looked at her again and YES. I thought I was dreaming but it was Nami, waving at me with her lightsticks while smiling at me. I turned around and looked at the other fans. I walked back to the centre and looked right in her eyes, saying that 'go to the exits now'. I continued singing and walked back to the main stage. I hoped that she gets my message.


After I finished with my solo, I quickly walked to the backstage and went out to the exits. I saw her waiting, wait… It seemed that I don't really recognize her. She was totally changed. I walked nearer and called her name softly.

"Woo Nami?" She turned and smiled at me.

"Papa!" The way she called me was the same as I heard few years ago. I opened my arms widely and walked toward her. She ran toward me and hugged tightly. I felt that my tears were rolling down to my cheek and I don’t know how to describe my feeling right now. “It was a long time after you left me.” She said.

“Yeah. Let’s go” I said and she holds onto my waist tightly and we walked to Super Junior’s waiting room.


“Hankyung ah, where have you been?” the leader asked as I entered the room.

“I..err…hehe”

“Who is this young lady?” Suddenly Sungmin said peeking to see Nami. Nami hide behind me and I think she was blushing. I moved away and let the members to see her face.

“An-anyeonghas-seyo” she said and I heard her voice were shaking a little bit.

“Let me introduce her, she’s my daughter” I said and they shouted along with their jaws dropped.

“Mworago?! Hyung, you have a child?” the younger asked, Ryeowook.

“No, she’s my neighbor when I entered Super Junior. Usually I took care of her since she’s a kid.” I explained and looked at Nami. She was waving at them and I saw her face was reddened.

“My name is Woo Nami. Nice to meet you all, oppa-deul” she said and bowed.

“Uri Syupeo juni-o eyo” they said and Nami was excited after she introduced herself. Then, a staff entered the room and asked us to be prepared for the next performance.

“Nami, we need to go. Papa, will be back” I said in mandarin, leaving her alone in the room. The rest were starting to move and before I left the room, I saw Nami was having her eye on Sungmin. She was looking at him at the stuff that was putting the microphone and repaired his hair position.  


-at the waiting room-

Nami was sitting on my chair and I just stood beside her. The members start to make a circle between us. Nami was frozen in the middle looking at those Hallyu stars around her.

Then, I remembered the present that I’d bought for her before I left China. I took it out from my pocket and showed her the phone.

“Nami ah, did you still have this?” she then pay attention on me after the long paused.

“Oh? That one” she said and took it out from her pocket as well. She does really hang the phone strap as her phone accessories.

“Wah, you guys do really close, huh?” Eunhyuk said sneaking between Donghae and Ryeowook. We just let out a smile. Zhoumi start to talk with Nami, well they talked in Mandarin. Other than Super Junior-M, the rest just looked at them blankly. Of course Nami can speak mandarin, she lived in China and also a Korean.

“Nami ah, who’s your favourite here?” Siwon asked. All of them had their eyes on her.

“Sungmin oppa” she smiled and my eyes widened.

“Na?” Sungmin said pointing at himself confusingly.

“Your papa was not your favourite?” Heechul asked teasing me in front of them.

“Nope” she shook her head.

“Why?” Donghae asked her.

“Because he’s already old” she said and chuckled, causing me to shout at her.

“Yah! Han Xiah Yee!” I shouted at her and suddenly I spoke with her in Korean. Opps, my mistake. Anyway, she still understood what I meant. After we separate for so many years, she was still my daughter and I’m her father.

 

-THE END-

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is the ending for 'My Daughter and I'. I think the ending was not really what was I expecting. Anyway, thank you for the comment and subscribe. Really appreciate it. Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes. English was not my first language so apologize for this.

 Here is the video of Hankyung. I don't know how to post the video here, so I just can post the link only. Sorry.