Chapter 8: Secrets of Seungyoon

Secrets of the Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8:

 

That evening, Seungyoon returned to his apartment with a small plastic bag filled with tubes of fancy creams and lotions for his beaten up face and all his other injuries, along with enough painkillers for a whole month and a doctor’s certificate which allowed him to take the rest of the week off.

He initially wanted to go back with the subway but Sora insisted on dropping him off by car and after half an hour of arguing they came to an agreement to drop him off at his subway station, so that he could still walk home.

He felt relieved to get some fresh air, hoping it would help him to clear his mind.

That day at Sora’s was both good and bad from various aspects.

Good because he was able to meet her family and visit her house and thus becoming closer to her.

Bad because he actually met her brothers who didn’t seem to be pleased at all with him.

Seungyoon sighed and shrugged his shoulders. At least he was able to spend some time with her.

He smiled in contentment and stared dreamfully in the night sky. Was it him or did the stars seem to be extra bright this night?

Soon his apartment building appeared in his sight, he approached the front door as he spotted a shadow next to it.

Out of reflex, he stopped and stared at the person who started moving after spotting him too.

Was it someone from yesterday?

The person approached him with slow cautious steps and revealed himself under the dim light of the front door lamp.

Seungyoon’s blood froze upon recognising the person. His jaw dropped while his breath got caught. With widened eyes, he stared blankly at his opposite.

The man took his immobility as a sign of some sort of approval as he stepped closer to him with a shy smile.

“Seungyoon” A whisper left his lips as he reached out his right hand to touch the boy’s shoulder.

Upon hearing his voice, Seungyoon’s focus came back as fast as it went away and his expression hardened instantly.

He slapped the older man’s hand away and looked him right in his eyes.

There was something in his eyes... Guilt?

The man’s gasped in surprise as he took a closer look at Seungyoon’s face.

But he just brushed past him without a word, heading to the door.

The man caught his left arm and noticed the white plastic bag in his hand. Before Seungyoon could react the man had already snatched it away and was examining the content.

He took out one of the many bottles of painkillers and the doctor’s certificate. He unfolded the paper and read through it.

“Painkillers and a doctor’s certificate?” He asked with an unbelieving tone while facing him again.

“None of your business. Give me that damn bag!”

The man avoided the younger boy’s attempt on getting the bag and grabbed his chin, examining his face.

“Don’t tell me...” He whispered while staring in shock at the other’s facial injuries. “How did you get these?”

“Again none of your damn business!” Seungyoon spit full of venom.

The man’s whole demeanour changed. He was now clearly angry.

“Don’t you talk to me like that!” His voice was strict and authoritarian. “Did you look into the mirror? Do you know how you look like? Your face is partially swollen and you have cuts everywhere! You come home with a bag filled to the brim with painkillers and even a ing doctor’s certificate! You fought again, didn’t you? How else would you get those injuries?”

He stared furiously at the younger boy and let the bag dangle in front of Seungyoon’s face.

“Where did you get all those painkillers? As I recall they don’t give you supplies for home. Did you steal these? And this doctor’s certificate! It’s fake, isn’t it? Do they now even have forgers there?”

Seungyoon’s expression remained cold during that man’s rant. He snatched the plastic bag and rushed to the door without bothering to answer the other man’s accusations.

“Hold still! I’m not finished yet!”

“But I am, so off!” He didn’t even turn around to look at the other one. Before he could open the door, a hand pushed harshly against it.

“Don’t you dare to talk to me like that, young man!” It was only whispered but his voice was pressed with anger.

“Why?” Seungyoon stared at him emotionless.

“Do you know how much I’m trying? All these letters! After all these letters and you’re still like that to me the first time we see each other after so long? I waited the whole afternoon here for you! Look, Seungyoon.” He took a deep breath and spoke more calmly now. “Let’s reconcile again, okay?”

Seungyoon pushed the man away with a snort and opened the door.

“I remember to have told you that I never want you to show up in front of me ever again.”

With that he turned his back to his father and walked up the stairs.

 

 

After closing the apartment door, Seungyoon dropped the plastic bag.

Some bottles spilled out on the floor as he sank down next to them. He took one in his hand and stared at it as he recalled his father’s words from before.

Do you know how you look like? You fought again, didn’t you?

As I recalled they don’t give you supplies for home. Did you steal these?

And this doctor’s certificate! It’s fake, isn’t it?

 

No, I didn’t! No!

 

“What do you know about my life?” He whispered while clutching the bottle in his shaking hand. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back on the door, taking deep breaths.

 

“What do you know about me...”

 

 

“Yes?”

“Joo? Can you look up something for me, please? Can you find any information available on a certain Doctor Jung Yunho?”

“Which hospital?”

“I don’t know, I think it was a private doctor’s cabinet somewhere in Seoul.”

“Okay. I’ll find everything in no time if not, I’ll first need to dig in some files. That might take a little bit more time.”

“Thanks. Can you do a background check as well to check if there’s a criminal record?”

“Yes, of course. I’ll send everything to you in some days’ time.”

 

 

Seungyoon’s phone buzzed when he came out of the shower.

It was a text message.

 

You better stay at home tomorrow and rest! Dr Jung’s going for your head if you disobey him!

I’ll visit you with the homework, so don’t worry!

Rest well! Good night!

Sora

 

“That doctor...” He sighed as he lay down on his bed.

He still remembered how he gave him his medication this afternoon when he came during the movie.

 

“Make sure to take them when it hurts. No more than two pills at once for at least two hours! Apply twice a day the cream on every bruise. And stay at home too, at least for a day or something.”

 

“Always so on point with everything.”

Seungyoon stared at the ceiling.

“Kim Sora...”

She definitely wasn’t ordinary at all.

Seungyoon remembered her house which was an enormous mansion with a wide garden, all those expensive vehicles, the exclusive feeling that the interiors gave off, the huge rooms, just everything.

Even the memories awed Seungyoon, he still couldn’t believe everything that he saw.

 

Kim Sora was rich. Richer than one could have guessed.

That wasn’t difficult to find out with his short stay at her place but even so, his view on her didn’t changed at all. She was still the shy and timid girl who could be loud and talkative once she was comfortable with someone. She was still the adorable and clumsy girl he knew. He didn’t like her more now that he was aware of her wealth. He liked her because she was the first person to approach him with a smile and accepted him despite all his rumours.

Her brothers thought...

Never before had he seen people whose sole presence was as intimating as theirs. Not even there.

With one glance, one could tell that her brothers were more than average people.

Something in their demeanour... but also their looks...

They were extremely handsome; real model and actor features. It was kind of obvious that they were very successful people despite their still young age, at least her oldest brother.

Did they own a company? Probably. Her oldest brother was in a suit and gave off a businessman feeling. A very successful businessman.

Another fact was that they also didn’t seem to have a lot of time, considering the fact that only her second and youngest brothers were present for lunch and for dinner, they were both left alone.

They had maids, a family doctor, a driver who was also like a brother to them and whatnot.

They were definitely company-rich. Old money. People whose wealth was passed down from generation to generation.

Seungyoon grabbed his l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter