Chapter 4: Of Skipping School and Part-time Jobs

Secrets of the Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

 

The next morning Sora arrived in class earlier than usual, making her one of the first students to be present. She dropped on her seat with a sigh and buried her head in her arms.

Ugh... Why did she come so early again? Oh yeah... to escape his still pissed off mood.

 

The moment Sora dialled his number and the first ring passed, she was greeted with a more than pissed off voice which she, if she didn’t know it herself, wouldn’t have believed to be worried at all. After a short check-up of her physical condition, she had to deal with an angry rant until she reached the subway station. She hung up on him, knowing fully well that it’ll make him even angrier but she wasn’t in the mood to get scolded now. She was already dead meat when she arrived home, so it didn’t matter to her now. During the short ride, she used the time to answer her brothers messages to calm them down even thought they knew already that she was fine. When she finally arrived at her station to get off, she was already awaited by none other than Yoochun. He just took her in his arms and brought her home. The rest of the story continued... well kind of unpleasant. After one and a half hour of scolding and a dozen of promises later, she was finally let off the hook.

This morning, she practically ran out of the house, even skipping her beloved breakfast.

 

“Gosh, I’m becoming just like Woohyun!” She whined, remembering the boy’s escape from his own house just the day before. Sora ruffled her hair in frustration while her stomach grumbled.

“So early and already in such a bad mood?” A mocking voice interrupted her thoughts.

She looked up to the grinning boy who plopped himself in the seat in front of her.

“ Tae~hyun...” Sora pouted.

“Whaaat?” The called boy chuckled at the miserable girl in front of him and crammed in his backpack. “Here.”

A cereal bar appeared in front of her eyes which immediately started sparkling at the sight.

“Thank youuuu!!!” She grabbed it and stuffed it in .

“Woah, calm down girl?! No one’s going to fight you for it?” He raised his eyebrows. “And? Did you enjoy your day off?”

“Hmm... I’d have preferred school.” She mumbled with furrowed eyebrows while chewing.

Taehyun’s expression softened.

“It-“

“WOAH PRINCESS’S ALREADY HERE??!!” A loud voice boomed through the room, making everyone turn their heads to the door, including theirs.

“Oh please...”

The whisper on her left was the last thing Sora heard before she was knocked over by a force that almost made her fall off her chair. She winced at the strength the other one was using as he crushed her in his arms.

“You’re killing her, !” Taehyun slapped the boy’s head.

Once she was out of the tight hold, Sora took a deep breath. It was way too early for so much action already.

A grinning face greeted hers. She really got the urge to punch him, right now, right here.

“Go away.” She looked at him with the most unimpressed expression, she could muster.

His grin just grew bigger as he showed her something he hid behind his back.

“Oh really? Then you surely don’t want this?” He gave her his most innocent look.

A brown paper bag dangled in front of her surprised eyes. She didn’t need to open it to see what was inside, the logo alone was enough for her to know what it was.

All her problems seemed to have vanished as she jumped on the laughing boy, hugging him and giving him a peck on his cheek.

“Thank you, Sungyeol! I looooooove you!”

The morning seemed to become more promising with each second, starting with that delicious chocolate muffin that he bought her.

 

 

The bell rung for the second time, indicating the beginning of the class for that morning.

Sora kept her eyes at the door.

He wasn’t there yet. Maybe he still felt sick?

Her thoughts were brushed aside as her teacher entered.

For now, focus on class, Sora!

 

 

“He really didn’t come...” Sora huffed under her breath as she made her way out of the school grounds in the afternoon. A heavy plastic bag filled to the brim with books and a stack of papers which she additionally carried with her backpack, was dangling on both her hands. She approached a black vehicle which was waiting at the corner of the block.

“I can’t anymore!” She yelled as she finally was able to put down the heavy bag by throwing it inside the car. She plopped in the comfortable leather seat and fixed her seatbelt.

“Does the school finally have enough of you?” Yoochun smiled with a glance at her many belongings through the rear mirror. “Were you finally kicked out?

“Haha... very funny.” She rolled her eyes.

“Can you drop me off somewhere first before going to the usual place?”

“Yes, Ma’am.” He chuckled as he started the car engine.

 

 

Kang Seungyoon spent the whole day in his apartment, laying on his bed or spread out on the couch in front of the TV. He didn’t feel like school or any human interaction at all, so the best solution was to just stay in his own four walls.

But even the best moments come to an end as his stomach growled and with a quick glance in his fridge, he’s unpleasantly reminded of the fact that he needed to buy some food which meant he had to go out. Not wanting to step out of his comfy bed, Seungyoon stared at the ceiling, thinking of other possibilities like take-out.

He got up the second time his stomach rumbled and quickly left his apartment in search for some food. He went to the supermarket which he frequently visited and decided to buy enough for the whole week.

Even after buying two bags full of groceries, Seungyoon still didn’t feel like cooking at all. A delicious smell caught his attention.

A small café located on his left on the shopping street.

Driven by hunger, Seungyoon decided to get some good food without having to do it himself. The weather was nice, inviting people to sit on the tables outside the café which also worked on Seungyoon. He chose a small table, the closest to the café, and put his bags on the empty chair beside him.

After ordering, he leaned back on his chair, eyes closed, enjoying the sun shining on his face and the refreshing breeze passing through the street.

Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea after all. The apartment started to feel stuffy anyways.

Seungyoon glanced at his watch.

School was already over.

After a short wait, his anticipated Italian noodles arrived which he ate delightfully while observing the people around him.

Mostly business people in suits or adults were passing by, it was not a trendy shopping street which a lot of students or young people in general visited. There weren’t any big-shot brands repre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter